Manchester Evening News: Mika @ Apollo

dcdeb

Really? :shocked:

That's even better. :lmao:

Guess I shouldn't change my av to that though. :blink:

I love your avi, it sooooo looks like a real album cover.....makes me want to go out and buy it!!!! I thought it was what you said too, but maybe vix is right. (and that would be even funnier). :bleh::naughty:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your avi, it sooooo looks like a real album cover.....makes me want to go out and buy it!!!!

Thanks! :biggrin2:

I was thinking of making a proper sized one and getting them to sign it. But if Vix is right it will lose its impact because I've got the wrong name. :thumbdown: I just watched it again and it's hard to say for sure either way.

Huh? What "c" word is better? :blink:

Think opposite of cocks. :shocked:

Think opposite of cocks. :shocked:

Ohh...a 'cock' is a male chicken - so the opposite is a female chicken and the word is just "chicken" which is another "c" word! :roftl:

But yeah, I'm just playing with you LOL...that "c" word you are referring to was on the list of "c" words that I know that would be "bleeped".

But yeah, I'm just playing with you LOL...that "c" word you are referring to was on the list of "c" words that I know that would be "bleeped".

They also bleeped "crap" which was very strange. I guess they think any 4-letter word that starts with C is out of the question.

Thanks! :biggrin2:

I was thinking of making a proper sized one and getting them to sign it. But if Vix is right it will lose its impact because I've got the wrong name. :thumbdown: I just watched it again and it's hard to say for sure either way.

I think Mika might prefer the word you chose for the band name. Then again, thinking about the look on his face when Mikey said it, I also think maybe Vix was right. :bleh:

Oooops!

Looks like I stirred things up on the name front eh?! :blink:

The thing is considering how much he swears I doubt that "The cocks" would shock him the way it did!! :naughty:

I presumed all the beeping was to make the DVD suitable for any audience. I guess Universal are rubbing their hands together at the though of all those little kiddie winks getting a copy in their Christmas stockings this year!

Oooops!

Looks like I stirred things up on the name front eh?! :blink:

The thing is considering how much he swears I doubt that "The cocks" would shock him the way it did!! :naughty:

I presumed all the beeping was to make the DVD suitable for any audience. I guess Universal are rubbing their hands together at the though of all those little kiddie winks getting a copy in their Christmas stockings this year!

he does like to curse just dint relaise how much till last night

And I'm sick of these journos saying he is patronising large women, with Big Girls. If I see one more person writing it, I'm gonna send a nasty letter to them.

I'm going to leave a comment on the website. Ryan can have his own opinion of course but he needs setting straight on a few FACTS!!

I think though that I'll wait till I feel calmer before writing it :roftl:

He hasn't dared post MY 2 comments cos I went ape-sh*t lol I was sooo infuriated, I just left another comment but calmed it down a little, still gave him what for and said he must have issues of his own to have to slate such a talented, visually stunning, kind, intelligent, articulate person like Mika ...aaargh I am still mad at this lump of lard.

He hasn't dared post MY 2 comments cos I went ape-sh*t lol I was sooo infuriated, I just left another comment but calmed it down a little, still gave him what for and said he must have issues of his own to have to slate such a talented, visually stunning, kind, intelligent, articulate person like Mika ...aaargh I am still mad at this lump of lard.

Can't be sure but I think he is the same journo (huh) who slagged off LICM in the MEN when it came out. He's obviously a mika Hater - fair enough but he shouldn't have been allowed to review the concert, they should have asked somebody more neutral/open minded to go along.

I'm off to look at your comment now :naughty:

Grungey, dark, moody, depressing = credible and worthy of praise

Happy, uplifting, fun, tongue-in-cheek = lightweight tosh and worthy of scorn

That's basically the sad journolist who's written this article's mindset.

Mika is as talented in the songwriting department when it comes to deep meanings and messages as any other musicians around at the moment. Just because it's wrapped in bright colours idiots like this one can't see the wood for the trees!!

All I know is that I'm an intelligent, 38 yr old "Big Girl" who has never felt so responsive to an artist in my life. I don't feel any urge to diet but I do feel filled with creative desire to do lots of things that I've always wanted to but never thought were possible.

It's all down to our sugar coated friend! Long may he reign!

The wicked piece of muck. Let's hear HIM sing one of Mika's songs and then we'll see how far he gets with it. My bet is 2 quavers.

I'm going to put a copy of Mcr Evening news in the loo, in case I run out of paper.

Love today, from Marilyn

I'm going to leave a comment on the website. Ryan can have his own opinion of course but he needs setting straight on a few FACTS!!

I think though that I'll wait till I feel calmer before writing it :roftl:

I'm going to do the same thing. Mcr E. N. won't know what's hit it!!!!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

Ha ha, yes I am, but don't tell Blue Sky, she thinks I'm you.LOL!

Indeed, so I heard. :wink2:

But you are famous for helping get the birthday 'card' to Mika on the big day in August, and I am famous for being the oldest of the Oldlings until I was pipped by a month recently!

All I know is that I'm an intelligent, 38 yr old "Big Girl" who has never felt so responsive to an artist in my life. I don't feel any urge to diet but I do feel filled with creative desire to do lots of things that I've always wanted to but never thought were possible.

All I know is that I'm an intelligent, 53 yr old "Big Girl" who has never felt so responsive to an artist in my life. I don't feel any urge to diet but I do feel filled with creative desire to do lots of things that I've always wanted to but never thought were possible.

So there.

All I know is that I'm an intelligent, 53 yr old "Big Girl" who has never felt so responsive to an artist in my life. I don't feel any urge to diet but I do feel filled with creative desire to do lots of things that I've always wanted to but never thought were possible.

So there.

LOL!!

Praise be!

We really have all been mikafied haven't we?? :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I suppose in fairness I can relate to what the author is saying here. I too feel that the ballads lack feeling and are played out in a frenzy and have been progressively so with each concert.

BUT

I also remember hearing e.g. MI, SITM, HE in the early days, where you could feel the emotions being expressed with precise clarity. (People have said that MI was sung too quickly, I think firstly at SBE (May 07))

I cannot agree that Mika lacks lyric writing qualities- I think the author got lost in his own interpretation of the "showmanship" and couldn't see past the ticker tape and balloons...

Hi Akim, always trust you with the thoughful response. :)

So I'm not disagreeing, I think you feel a yearning for the earlier, less polished performances with more feeling, and the smaller, more intimate, venues. Sadly, there's no going back to that I don't think.

But on it's own merits; the show raised the roof so it makes you wonder what the journalist was thinking!