• No
    • Huh?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me too.

We've just reached transcendentalism in LA, and my teacher loves it. He apparently started a club for it in high school. I'm really enjoying it, and its really motivational. I was really shocked to find out that my friend in that class doesn't like it! I guess he's a little normal... and people like him, which is not the case for me. Its good to know that its okay for society not to like me(which i already know, but it feels good to hear it again.)

me too.

We've just reached transcendentalism in LA, and my teacher loves it. He apparently started a club for it in high school. I'm really enjoying it, and its really motivational. I was really shocked to find out that my friend in that class doesn't like it! I guess he's a little normal... and people like him, which is not the case for me. Its good to know that its okay for society not to like me(which i already know, but it feels good to hear it again.)

We just had a transcendentalism lecture today too! Weirdness...:blink:

I don't quite understand what transcendentalist means..

Wiki waaaaaaaay to confusing.

Basically, its bringing down society, praising individuality, Nature is God, brains aren't everything, religon comes through you, not established religons, etc.

We just had a transcendentalism lecture today too! Weirdness...:blink:

What grade language arts class are you in?

Basically, its bringing down society, praising individuality, Nature is God, brains aren't everything, religon comes through you, not established religons, etc.

What grade language arts class are you in?

Ohh!

Then I think Mika would fall somewhere between those lines..

AP English...but we're doing different literature movements...we finished romanticism, so now we're on to transcendentalism...

Really? We talked about transcendentalism and such last year in 10th grade English. We're all about the British Lit this year :thumbdown:

Regardless, I see it in Mika. Most definitely.

i can defintally see aspects of it, however i think that maybe mika has a different motiviation, but gets to a similar point other that which is talked about on wiki... ohhh i dont know lol i need time to mull over it, and i really dont know mika's beliefs/beliefs on religion enough to know

Hmmm...I've thought about this before - I din't know there was a word for it.

Thanks - I learn somethin' new on the MFC everyday.

I still have to ponder this though... :biggrin2:

I READ THE DEFINITION BUT I'M STILL VERY CONFUSED. CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME? IF YOU CAN OF COURSE.

HUGS

ohh, i get it now, well yeah, i think i see that some.

so i change my vote from huh? to yes:biggrin2: