Mirtilla

Well... shall I post this one then? It's not a secret either, I came across it in one of their blogs the other day. :wink2:

PalladiumLondonPaper240707.jpg

And yup, according to this article Fez had his birthday a few days ago. Not a teenager anymore. :wink2:

great article! Thanks for posting, Blue!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... shall I post this one then? It's not a secret either, I came across it in one of their blogs the other day.

PalladiumLondonPaper240707.jpg

And yup, according to this article Fez had his birthday a few days ago. Not a teenager anymore.

yuo, I saw their myspace

thanx for posting!:thumb_yello:

interesting..

Pete was in Amy's band:cool:

Fez attracts Mika's fan:naughty:

Rufio has quirky groupies:roftl:

Rocky was born in Wales:wub2:

Great article, Blue! Thank you for it. :) I already knew most of that except for their birthdays, but it's always interesting to read interviews.

I also know something more about Rocky's background, but I'm not going to say annnything on this board. :cool:

Siv I'll be glad to hug Fez for you!:naughty:

Kata aren't you coming to Birmingham?? :tears:

And yup, according to this article Fez had his birthday a few days ago. Not a teenager anymore. :wink2:

Thank god!:naughty:

Same here. :wink2:

Experienced Googlers will find out anyway. :wink2:

:blink: maybe...

anyway, you know also this I suppose:bleh:

Ambitious and proud of it

Catchy rockers Palladium are set to take 2008 by storm. Frontman Peter Pepper talks to PETER LAW about Amy Winehouse killing his pet hamster, laser guns and ambition ahead of their gig at the Joiners.

Hi Peter, what are you up to today?

We've got a gig at the Barfly in Camden tonight just to get us warmed up for the tour.

How come Southampton was chosen to kick off the UK tour?

I don't really know, but we like the Joiners and the people who run it are great. We played there last year and really enjoyed it.

What's it like going from a stadium tour supporting Mika to playing local pubs again?

It's a different ballgame altogether, for us the bigger the gig the easier it is. If there's more people you get better lights and sound systems, but when you go to a place like the Joiners it's much more intense and more intimate. The crowd is right up there in your face and you can't get away with as many mistakes, but we're well rehearsed so we're ready for it.

You must be excited about your debut album coming out?

Oh definitely. To be honest we are very impatient and want to get it out as fast as possible. It has been quite a quick process from starting the band just over a year ago to putting out an album, but we're really happy with how it is going and can't wait to get it out there.

You guys haven't been together very long, how did you manage to develop your sound so quickly?

We've been together just over a year, but we've been working as musicians for many years so we've all worked very hard as individuals to develop our sounds. So when we come together it's a combination of all that work that has gone on individually beforehand.

Your first few singles have been packed with catchy hooks, what can people expect from the album?

There is quite a lot of variety, it goes from catchy, upbeat songs to epic ballads to very intimate stuff as well. There is one track with just me and a piano and we've got some guests that some people might be a little surprised about.

Is admitting that you're ambitious a dangerous move in the music industry?

It does set you up to be slatted, but its better to be hated by some and loved by others than to just be mediocre all the way.

Mika is someone people either love or hate, what was he like to tour with?

Mika's cool, he's not the big outgoing guy which his music suggests, he's actually very quiet and polite.

Amy Winehouse is another of your famous friends (Pepper interrupts "Used to be anyway"), would you mind being caught up in the celebrity world of Mika and Winehouse?

I don't think you really have control over it at the end of the day, I think the media chooses who they want to latch onto and I think you can definitely get caught in a tabloid trap. Once you're there they want to see you fall, so it can be dangerous and you can end up being their little monkey to do whatever they want with.

Speaking of the tabloids, did Amy Winehouse really kill your pet hamster Georgie Porgie?

All I ever said was that she was the last person to touch my hamster before it died, which is exactly true. I don't have any pets now, I had a couple of fish but they just got a bit annoying after a while so I gave them to my mum.

I hear you enjoy a game of Laser Quest, what are your tactics?

Well obviously I always win because I'm the lead singer (laughs). I'm more of a sniper, I'm a bit devious playing Laser Quest. Rocky is the worst, the last time we went he ran face first into a wall and nearly knocked himself out. Rufio will stand in the corner and try and shoot everyone but he usually gets ganged up on at some point and Fez is a bit aggressive and can get a bit physical. If they do have it in Southampton we'll definitely be up for it - so if you want to get a team together let's go!

New single White Lady is out March 10 and debut album The Way It's Not is out March 17. Palladium will play the Joiners on Thursday, January 24. Tickets: £6.50 advanced or £8 at the door. Box office: 023 8063 2601.http://www.thisishampshire.net/leisure/music/display.var.1977231.0.ambitious_and_proud_of_it.php

Exactly a week ago they started playing right now. :naughty:

I love the interview, that one must be brand new, thanks for posting Greta! :thumb_yello:

Laser Quest! Hehe, they wrote about it before in one of their blogs... :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Quest

It's quite a cool game, I used to play it ages ago, the place I always went to looked like a cellar with camouflage stuff all around (this one- I see they changed it into something spacey). Haven't played it for ages though... *hint* :naughty:

Exactly a week ago they started playing right now. :naughty:

I love the interview, that one must be brand new, thanks for posting Greta! :thumb_yello:

Laser Quest! Hehe, they wrote about it before in one of their blogs... :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Quest

It's quite a cool game, I used to play it ages ago, the place I always went to looked like a cellar with camouflage stuff all around (this one- I see they changed it into something spacey). Haven't played it for ages though... *hint* :naughty:

Ohw man I loooove laser games :woot_jump: I'm just not very good at it :emot-sad:

Neither am I... :emot-sad: I think I'm the Rufio type of player. :naughty:

No laser games in Brighton though. Nearest place is Eastbourne, miles away... :emot-sad::bleh:

Damn :sneaky2: Maybe we can find something in London in february and get all the MFC fights solved once and for all :naughty:

Siv I'll be glad to hug Fez for you!:naughty:

Kata aren't you coming to Birmingham?? :tears:

Thank god!:naughty:

ooops missed this post :blush-anim-cl: Nope can't come to Birmingham, it's simply too expensive... and I have to work that weekend :boxed:

I'm sorry to intrude here and I'm sorry if this has already been posted in the last 45 pages but: who of you is planning to go to the gig on the 27th? (I've heard there should be one although it wasnt sure yet last time I checked).

If there is one then I'll be there :mf_rosetinted: personally think they should do gigs on the 26th and 28th as well...just for me :naughty:

I thought I posted a reply but it didn't show up. :blink:

Oh well. What I said is that IF there's a gig on the the 27th I will be there for sure. And I think I'm speaking on behalf of C@rin@ too. :thumb_yello:

Anyone willing to ask them IF there will be a gig on the 27th? :wink2:

BTW I agree with Kata. Just for me. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry to intrude here and I'm sorry if this has already been posted in the last 45 pages but: who of you is planning to go to the gig on the 27th? (I've heard there should be one although it wasnt sure yet last time I checked).

What gig? Are they playing in London?

Anyone willing to ask them IF there will be a gig on the 27th? :wink2:

Actually I have asked Fez about it. He thanked me for the tip off (:naughty:) and thought it was a good idea. Sooo, if there's a gig then, they'd better give me credit for the good idea! :mf_rosetinted: I will be there! :thumb_yello:

If there is one then I'll be there :mf_rosetinted: personally think they should do gigs on the 26th and 28th as well...just for me :naughty:

I really want them to support Mika at his concert on the 28th! It would be nice to see both Mika and Palladium three times when I'm in London. Greedy, eh? :fisch: I don't care! :naughty::glasses3:

Very practical! :naughty:

I'd like to steal a couple and put them in my signature box, but for some reason I can't put more than two images in there... :shocked: I can't use more text either than what I already have. I don't know how others manage to do that. :(

Today I finally found the time to listen to the Q podcast: http://promo.q4music.com/q4music/podcast/ - good interview! :thumb_yello:

Nice to hear about the unicorn breeding program, Rufio in his Peter Pan outfit & the full hamster story too. :naughty:

Too bad the acoustic versions of the songs were cut out.

And a few pics from Eurosonic I found on the internet:

080111_Eurosonic_palladium1.jpeg

PalladiumES110108A.JPG

PalladiumES110108B.JPG