Mirtilla

Thanks for the translation Diana! :wink2:

Sounds like you had a great time Vicky, thanks for the report.

Which nymph earrings were they giving out? The white and green ones or the dangley metal ones?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the translation Diana! :wink2:

Sounds like you had a great time Vicky, thanks for the report.

Which nymph earrings were they giving out? The white and green ones or the dangley metal ones?

The green and white ones i'm afraid not the metal ones, they are nice, i've ordered a few!:naughty:

That will be my next big mission.

Yeah! The MFC 'V' !:roftl:

Rufio & me straight after the gig in Birmingham in February. Both very hot and sweaty :naughty: - and watch the V-sign (it's a bottle of water he's trying to hold).

They just love that 'V' ! :naughty:

Nice picture :wink2:

l_f2e069fe28ecb6689b84df6e7d7a538f.jpg

There you go:

"While listening to the debut album of British band Palladium, it feels like you've just knocked over your record cabinet from the 80s: Hall&Oates, Toto, The Police, Kajagoogoo, Stevie Wonder and A-Ha all pass by. Bass player and singer Peter Pepper played on Amy Winehouse's first record, until he met three like-minded souls in the session-musician circuit and later formed the band in 2006.

The guys really can play, connect good songs to that playing and dress extravagantly and unique. Pepper has a recognizable voice that doesn't dominate, somewhere in between Scritty Politti and Darryl Hall. And what about that 80s groove? Nothing wrong with that!"

(I have no life).

Thanks Diana!:wink2:

That must be why i like them then! I'm an 80's gal alright!

Thanks for the translation, Diana. It's a lovely article. :)

Yeah! The MFC 'V' !:roftl:

After that they must think that I just aim to humiliate them as much as I can. That's all I did after the Hammersmith gig! :lmao: I'm planning a new Palladium drawing too. Palladium as... something. :fisch: I'm lucky because they have a good sense of humor. It makes me do strange things. :naughty:

That must be why i like them then! I'm an 80's gal alright!

So am I! :naughty:

BTW speaking of influences: Fleetwood Mac's 'Tango in the Night' was the first album I ever bought on CD (I think it was in '88 or '89, even before my parents finally decided to buy a CD player) and there's a Toto greatest hits album in my car, it has been there for ages. :naughty:

I think I have liked Toto since I was born (in the 80's). :naughty:

But I don't know if I have even heard anything from Fleetwood Mac... Is there a website/MySpace page where I could listen to some songs?

It's interesting to know what their influences sound like... Because I can hear Toto SO clearly on Palladium's recordings! And I don't say it's a bad thing. I love it! :thumb_yello:

The green and white ones i'm afraid not the metal ones, they are nice, i've ordered a few!:naughty:

Hmmmm...they don't seem to have handed out the metal ones since I first saw them back in May last year! I have one and I have a couple of keyrings (one of which I made into a necklace and the guys loved it at Hammersmith!)

I've done quite well with free merch from them! I have the metal earring and keyrings, about 6 green and white earrings, a huge promo poster (that I stole from their gig at manchester...well not stole!), a little poster with tour dates on, a plectrum from Fez and a t-shirt (signed by veryone but Pete) that Johnny gave me at Hammersmith for screaming! Lol!

All i really need now is a drumstick from Rocky, that's my mission for the Liverpool gig I think!

The plastic ones are probably cheaper... They don't want to waste too much money on fans! :naughty:

A drumstick from Rocky is on my list too. I hope he has many. :roftl:

Okay, I'll go to eat some Peter Peppermint ice cream. :das:

Marianne, you can find loads of Fleetwood Mac songs on YouTube for example. I don't even know if they are on MySpace (I should go and have a look!).

Miracles is a good example of a Palladium song that is strongly influenced by Fleetwood Mac - try to find Caroline (it's on 'Tango in the Night') and listen very carefully. :wink2:

Rocky gave me a drumstick in Brighton and signed it :punk:. And I have a visor (a blue one, I bought it ages ago), I brought it to the Eurosonic festival and I had signed by all of them. :thumb_yello:

The walls of the venue in Bristol were covered with cool posters of Palladium, I still regret not taking one... :sad:

Jonny still owes me a t-shirt BTW. :naughty:

Aw! Thank you so much for the translation Diana! :thumb_yello: Can I copy it to the Palladium forum please? I promised them a translation, I'll give you the credits of course!

You're welcome and ofcourse you can copy it!

For future reference: you never have to ask me that. :)

Copy away!

You mean back in the old old old days? Well I can see some similarities:

At the Eurosonic festival I was having a lively conversation with the doorman (before the show) and then Rocky came down the stairs on his way to the bathroom. According to the doorman Rocky looked as if he came straight from Duran Duran. I would say Kajagoogoo though. :wink2::naughty:

I'm afraid I have never outgrown the eighties. :wink2:

Marianne, you can find loads of Fleetwood Mac songs on YouTube for example. I don't even know if they are on MySpace (I should go and have a look!).

Miracles is a good example of a Palladium song that is strongly influenced by Fleetwood Mac - try to find Caroline (it's on 'Tango in the Night') and listen very carefully. :wink2:

Rocky gave me a drumstick in Brighton and signed it :punk:. And I have a visor (a blue one, I bought it ages ago), I brought it to the Eurosonic festival and I had signed by all of them. :thumb_yello:

The walls of the venue in Bristol were covered with cool posters of Palladium, I still regret not taking one... :sad:

Jonny still owes me a t-shirt BTW. :naughty:

Thanks for the hint, I'll search for it ASAP! Miracles is my favorite. :wub2: Did you ask for the drumstick or did he just give it to you because he has so many spare ones? :naughty: We can try stealing some posters if they have them at the Bedford venue. I want a poster too!

Huh? Jonny forgot to give you the t-shirt then?

I have about five of the plastic earrings which I stole at Hammersmith, hehe! I felt a bit dumb when Rufio put one in my hand although I already had enough. I don't have my ears pierced so I just took them for a necklace.

Black & white pictures are always delicious! :wub2: Their tour with The Kooks is over so they should be posting another blog soon - with more pics! :cool:

Edit: I'm looking at the old pics and just realized that it must be Rufio there, without a shirt. :shocked: He is hairy. :naughty:

DSC_3483.jpg

BTW, I see Pringles in lots of backstage pics! That's not a good box lunch. :naughty:

I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it! :lmao: Thank God for Jonny. :glasses3:

"The journey home was pretty painless until the Palladium mobile ran out of fuel in the last 1/2 mile of it's 250 mile journey. A traumatic push through the streets of Peckham was the cause of much suffering for tired members of the band."

DSC_5516.jpg

Edit: I'm looking at the old pics and just realized that it must be Rufio there, without a shirt. :shocked: He is hairy. :naughty:

In one of their blogs (I think it was May last year) there's a pic of his chest hair with an R shaven into it. :wink2:

The guys always give me a good laugh with their blogs. :naughty:

It's in this blog. Scroll down. :wink2:

See the pics from Birmingham? I was there, front row, right in front of Pete. And in front of Mika. My first Mika gig and my first Palladium gig. Front row centre. :shocked:

Oooh thanks! The oldest blogs I've seen are from October. They don't have links to the older ones on their website so I didn't think there are more... :doh: I must take a new look!

Some of those pics scare me! :yikes::roftl:

You were lucky. I was on second row at my first Mika gig at Somerset House and there was a huge gap between the stage and audience. So my pics are bad. You were there too, weren't you?

I could easily have been in front of Palladium in December, but I couldn't have taken it as my ears hurt enough in the middle of the room. :naughty: I have to search for ear plugs before next week... It will happen next week!

Has anyone else noticed how similar Peter is to Mark King of Level 42?

!!:roftl: No i hadn't!

Well it's a lovely sunny day here so i had to pop by as i'm stuck in writing my presentation!:thumbdown:

Will get my Palladium tickets tomorrow i think!:punk:

Rose will i get you one? :wink2:

I have been constantly listening to them for the last week !

We need an album!:naughty:

I noticed comments about Duran a bit back, they were my faves in early 80's ! I was a super fan! I lived down south then and London was so accessible!

:punk:

Catch you guys later, i love reading all the posts!:thumb_yello: