MFCers say "HELLO" at the gigs!

Suzy

A lot of people have the flashing hearts.

However it does take a lot of courage to go up to a large group of people - even though you know that they are from here and that they will be really friendly. I did it at Birmingham last time and at Somerset House and got a good reception ... this time I was feeling a bit under the weather and so didn't approach people. However I did have my flashing heart on (and I made mum wear one too!) and although some MFCers walked past us, no one approached me. It would be nice if sometimes things were a bit two way.

The badge idea is really good. Especially because I am hopeless with names, and if you do approach the large group you are given a load of names in one hit, which you then can't remember! Would someone tell me how to do my name in the MFC letters and then I wear that on the 4th as well as my flashing heart :thumb_yello: Hopefully I will be feeling a bit better next week and will have the confidence back to approach people again!

Problem is in Doncaster the girls behind us also had flashing hearts. I saw them and asked "Heya, are you MFC?" and they said they were not looking at me as if I was totally retarded :) So I don't know how they had the hearts and all, but they did!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is in Doncaster the girls behind us also had flashing hearts. I saw them and asked "Heya, are you MFC?" and they said they were not looking at me as if I was totally retarded :) So I don't know how they had the hearts and all, but they did!

they are taking our ideas :mf_rosetinted: not cool...

In that case definitely needs to be flashing heart and badge

The logo thingie was quite easy to make. :thumb_yello:

Easy is good ... but that still doesn't tell me how??? I'm a bit thick when it comes to anything technical :wink2:

Easy is good ... but that still doesn't tell me how??? I'm a bit thick when it comes to anything technical :wink2:

I just saved the MFC logo on top of this page: right mouse button -> 'Save as...'. Then you can edit it in a simple way in Paint or so (to make it smaller or cut the edges off) and then print it. :thumb_yello:

I just saved the MFC logo on top of this page: right mouse button -> 'Save as...'. Then you can edit it in a simple way in Paint or so (to make it smaller or cut the edges off) and then print it. :thumb_yello:

Blue could put the logo on the forum without her name on it so other MFC-ers can print it out for themself.

Than everybody can fill in there names the way they like(color, lettertype,...)

So it has something ' MFC and recognizable' and something personalised.

Blue could put the logo on the forum without her name on it so other MFC-ers can print it out for themself.

Well the logo IS on the forum yet. :wink2:

So I don't think it will make any difference if I post my version here or let you save the logo that appears on top of each page on the forum. :wink2:

Than everybody can fill in there names the way they like(color, lettertype,...)

So it has something ' MFC and recognizable' and something personalised.

Sorry you where already there.

my post took a long time so Ididn't see it.:doh:

Well the logo IS on the forum yet. :wink2:

So I don't think it will make any difference if I post my version here or let you save the logo that appears on top of each page on the forum. :wink2:

I know but I realy like the background below the mFC logo too (where your name is on it)

I like the whole badge the way you have it but for me with an other name ofcourse

I know but I realy like the background below the mFC logo too (where your name is on it)

I like the whole badge the way you have it but for me with an other name ofcourse

That one comes from a 'colour quiz'. My advantage is that I have a member name which is the name of a colour. It isn't my own design, sorry. :wink2:

With the risk of sounding like a political candidate, trying to win votes for popularity (which I don't care for)... shall we all just try to at least make an effort to say "hi" and meet our fellow MFCers in the queues?

There's too many 'missed opportunities' posts that I've read.:thumbdown:

We're the MIKA FAN CLUB and we should try to meet our fellow members when we have the chance.

I know that its different in the sense that we can avoid and ignore eachother on the forums if we want to and there are cliques that form too. We don't have to spend the entire day chatting with eachother, but while you're stuck in the queue, I think it makes sense to make an effort to find the shy ones who really do want to meet you. Doesn't hurt to at least say "hello". :biggrin2:

Just a suggestion. :wink2:

I just wanna say, this is a great idea for a thread.

I have definitely heard about many missed opportunities with people being too shy to approach other MFCers, and then regretting it later.

Please, people, if you do recognise someone from MFC please go up and say hi to them. It can be very daunting going up to someone you haven't met before, but I just hope you can find the courage to say hi to your fellow MFCers.

One of the roles of the MFC World Representatives is to help make people feel comfortable, welcome and included, but it's hard to know who people actually are, and we can't go out and find everyone when we don't know who we're looking for.

Some MFCers would be more recognisable than others... then again, most of us are very obvious with our costumes, banners, hearts and what have you... so yeah... please, if you recognise anyone, please go up and say hi. We'd love to meet you!

With the risk of sounding like a political candidate, trying to win votes for popularity (which I don't care for)... shall we all just try to at least make an effort to say "hi" and meet our fellow MFCers in the queues?

There's too many 'missed opportunities' posts that I've read.:thumbdown:

We're the MIKA FAN CLUB and we should try to meet our fellow members when we have the chance.

I know that its different in the sense that we can avoid and ignore eachother on the forums if we want to and there are cliques that form too. We don't have to spend the entire day chatting with eachother, but while you're stuck in the queue, I think it makes sense to make an effort to find the shy ones who really do want to meet you. Doesn't hurt to at least say "hello". :biggrin2:

Just a suggestion. :wink2:

Lol Hello *Shifty*

yep....when I am at a gig some century, I will be one of those friendly folk, saying hi!!!! at every chance I can get because hey its fun!!!! and we all need to know we are part of a wonderful family:):)

Yep, and I'm crazy uncle Bill that has a little too much wine at christmas and makes drunken remarks about olden day soap opera characters and who no one wants to make direct eye contact with :D:D:D

I agree but there is some issue we have to overcome here:

How do we recognise the person queueing up is an MFC member?

I think we should come up with a solution to that.. an easy one if possible... (like wearing sunglasses in the winter or anything you can think of and that is easy to 'execute')

I tell by the Mika glow company hearts most people have

i was not hard to miss since i had a huge bucket of sweets for mika in my arms. maybe theme costume clothes or pieces of attire would be a good idea . i knew who was from the MC as at doncaster we decided to dress up in x mas attire