VOTE Grace Kelly for "UK Record Of The Year 2007"

Showtunes17

That's one of those things I've always wondered about (hope that sentence is grammatically correct :blink:). I mean - does the gift of singing make you a star? Her song (which I still havent heard yet) could have also been sung by... dunno... me? Katie Price? Prince? Patrick Dempey? Avril? And then THEY would have won this (although LL hasnt won yet but I guess you know what I mean). Mika is the BEST of the whole nominees here. Full stop.

To be fair to Leona Lewis, she does have a technically very very good voice, and in my opinion she sings Bleeding Love very well, with emotion, or at least with the impression of emotion.

I do not think however that the song is that special, and no, I am certain it would not be winning this poll if anyone else had sung it. People are voting for her, maybe for her voice, maybe because of all the X Factor hype, and maybe because Simon Cowell has hypnotised everyone in the country :hypo: via subliminal TV messages, except for Mika and Take That fans, who are somehow genetically immune.:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Leona Lewis, she does have a technically very very good voice, and in my opinion she sings Bleeding Love very well, with emotion, or at least with the impression of emotion.

I do not think however that the song is that special, and no, I am certain it would not be winning this poll if anyone else had sung it. People are voting for her, maybe for her voice, maybe because of all the X Factor hype, and maybe because Simon Cowell has hypnotised everyone in the country :hypo: via subliminal TV messages, except for Mika and Take That fans, who are somehow genetically immune.:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: I like that :roftl:

yep, we have that same casting-show-hype, too. the participants are supported by the press, various teenie-magazines and after all - advertisement is the key. :sneaky2:

I'll check LL out tomorrow. I don't have time right now (too busy voting :naughty:) plus my work for uni :sad:.

:lmfao: I like that :roftl:

yep, we have that same casting-show-hype, too. the participants are supported by the press, various teenie-magazines and after all - advertisement is the key. :sneaky2:

I'll check LL out tomorrow. I don't have time right now (too busy voting :naughty:) plus my work for uni :sad:.

Leona's not that special. She has a good voice, but she's deadly dull in interviews, and in her performance, she's not unique. Her song is not that good either, but it's all the X Factor hype that's done it for her, and the 'Justin T clone' Shayne Ward. We'll soon have another X Factor winner to contend with. Probably Rhydian, but at least he's into opera, not pop, so hopefully, he won't get in the way of Mika's chances of a number one spot.

Love today, from Marilyn

NEW :Update:

L...........22.1%

TT.........20.1%

"M"....... 19.2% *

------------------

PWT's.....14.1%

R...........13.6%

OFFICIAL-

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2626/vote20ev8.jpg

FOR MIKA--

:rm_robot:

HEY, TROOPS--

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/070102/a_brown_parade_070102.300w.jpg

GET THE ROTY:newyear:

VOTING LINK--

*http://roty.tv/

I was angry when I wrote that XD

my mail:

Dear Roty team

I was just wondering if this poll really counts all the votes or if it's all decided before and it just changes for that it seems to be a real poll...

I'm sorry for that accusation but I know that the Mika fans vote day and night (well at night the people from USA and Autralia vote...) but We never had a chance to be number two or first... Well I can understand that there are a lot of fans in the world that vote for take that... But i can't believe that so many people vote for Leona Lewis because I never heard of her and I guess she isn't famous at all out of Europe or even out of Engalnd....And you can even see on myspace that she has 200 000 fans less than Mika .... Well maybe she has better "hackers" among her fans who fake this poll...

Something seems to be so wrong there but anyway we tried our best and voted non-stop...

xxx Just a disappointed Mika fan

answer

Every single vote counts and there have been hundreds of thousands of them - Mika's hit has been doing incredibly well but at the moment both Take That and Leona are doing even better.

But there's still a few hours to go.

HiDiHi Voters!!

Mika is up again a bit,I saw. Maybe we should give equal votes to The Proclaimers as we give to Grace Kelly. (Tacticall voting??)

HOWEVER YOU DO IT TROOPS-

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z241/BloodInTheCherryZone/winkcute.jpg

:rm_stormtrooper:

TURN YOUR MIKA MUSIC UP

L O U D

&

VOTE,

VOTE,

VOTE

*http://roty.tv/

like there's no tomorrow, 'cause there isn't!

HiDiHi Voters!!

Mika is up again a bit,I saw. Maybe we should give equal votes to The Proclaimers as we give to Grace Kelly. (Tacticall voting??)

I was doing this earlier (well voting for The Fray), I was desperate!!

I'm having trouble getting on here tonight, my daughter's friends are sleeping over and keeping me very busy, once they've FINALLY gone to sleep I will be on here voting like crazy...