VOTE Grace Kelly for "UK Record Of The Year 2007"

Showtunes17

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will vote a few times before housewife-duties:naughty:

Have to make fruit and pour drinks for the kids for school today, then wake them up, have breakfast together, then bring them to school. Then I have to go to the dentist with the youngest one, she is five. Her tooth has to be pulled:thumbdown: Aww, my poor little girl.

See you when I get back:punk:

Just literally got up, I think this is a record for me, the earliest I've ever logged into MFC (its 7.40am).

I have voted a couple of times but now need to do school run duty, but I'll be back in an hour and a half to do some serious voting and I hope there'll have been an update by then :boxed:

My face at the moment = :boxed: Ive not had my coffee yet :naughty:

Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

21.6%

Shine - Take That

21%

Grace Kelly - Mika

20.6%

still only 1% from the top, i think it is still achievable :blink: i wish we could overtake someone though

that's nor fair!!!! :blink: what's going on here???

Ok I sorry to sound defeatist, but I think we are fighting a losing battle :thumbdown:

There is something not right with this poll - how come LL's percentage is consistently shooting up overnight (by overnight I mean GMT nighttime) when the vast, vast majority of her fans must be asleep at that time? Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody outside the UK knows who she is, yet.

:blink:

Maybe it's my suspicious mind but I suspect *cough* automated voting*cough* and if that is happening then I don't want to be part of this poll.

I'll keep on going a while yet and see what happens but it feels a bit hopeless at the moment and let's face it, there is more to life especially 15 days before Crimbo :blink:

Ok I sorry to sound defeatist, but I think we are fighting a losing battle :thumbdown:

There is something not right with this poll - how come LL's percentage is consistently shooting up overnight (by overnight I mean GMT nighttime) when the vast, vast majority of her fans must be asleep at that time? Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody outside the UK knows who she is, yet.

Maybe it's my suspicious mind but I suspect *cough* automated voting*cough* and if that is happening then I don't want to be part of this poll.

I'll keep on going a while yet and see what happens but it feels a bit hopeless at the moment and let's face it, there is more to life especially 15 days before Crimbo :blink:

Sigh: I think I have to agree with you:tears:

Sigh: I think I have to agree with you:tears:

Thanks AMP - I'm glad I'm not alone :boxed::sneaky2:

Edit: At the moment I'm tempted to post on the Take That forum and suggest an Anti-Leona Alliance. I'd rather Shine won this poll (I actually quite liked that song) than Bleeding Awful, sorry, Love.

:sneaky2::bleh:

i feel the way you do, theres other stuff i could be doing too

im really not sure that we have a fighting chance :sad: i dont want to be a cynic, or sound deluded about mika, but somethings gotta be going on

Thanks AMP - I'm glad I'm not alone :boxed::sneaky2:

Edit: At the moment I'm tempted to post on the Take That forum and suggest an Anti-Leona Alliance. I'd rather Shine won this poll (I actually quite liked that song) than Bleeding Awful, sorry, Love.

:sneaky2::bleh:

haha, i can understand that

i was considering joining one of their major fansites, and asking if they are using electronic means of voting

haha, i can understand that

i was considering joining one of their major fansites, and asking if they are using electronic means of voting

I've just registered on their forum but made the mistake of putting mika in my username :doh: so their admin probably won't accept me :naughty: , they'll think I'm there to start a war, which couldn't be further from the truth...bu anyway...

Don't worry guys, I would not give our secret voting methods away:mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

I've just registered on their forum :wink2:

same idea here - but i was more careful with my nick :naughty:

i have to go to my office fo a couple of hours - hopefully i'll get my accoount by the admin till that - let's see, what's going on over there -

secret weapons :boxed:

I've just registered on their forum but made the mistake of putting mika in my username :doh: so their admin probably won't accept me :naughty: , they'll think I'm there to start a war, which couldn't be further from the truth...bu anyway...

Don't worry guys, I would not give our secret voting methods away:mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

haha, maybe they wont notice :naughty:

i think they use similar voting methods anyway

haha, maybe they wont notice :naughty:

i think they use similar voting methods anyway

Yes, from reading their forum they are just using the old fashioned methods too, like us :roftl:

But they have raised serious suspicions about the Leona voters' methods :boxed:

I actually can't believe I'm taking all this so seriously :naughty: I usually slate this Award so badly because of the Mad Fan thing, AND NOW IT'S HAPPENING TO ME AAAGGGHHHH, and it's all your fault Mika.

LOL At least we can laugh about it!

Yes, from reading their forum they are just using the old fashioned methods too, like us :roftl:

But they have raised serious suspicions about the Leona voters' methods :boxed:

I actually can't believe I'm taking all this so seriously :naughty: I usually slate this Award so badly because of the Mad Fan thing, AND NOW IT'S HAPPENING TO ME AAAGGGHHHH, and it's all your fault Mika.

LOL At least we can laugh about it!

haha, i am tempted to just not vote and see how quickly mika falls, evil, i know :naughty:

i know! i have never taken any voting thing so seriously before

haha, i am tempted to just not vote and see how quickly mika falls, evil, i know :naughty:

i know! i have never taken any voting thing so seriously before

The only reason I am taking this so seriously is that I genuinely really, really love Grace Kelly and I really do believe wholeheartedly that is is the best record of the year. It's actually one of my favourite songs ever and I'm no spring chicken :naughty:

If it were Big Girl or even Love Today up for this award, I doubt I would be voting so much. I mean I love all (well most) of Mika's stuff but I feel passionately about Grace Kelly.

But then I suppose TT and LL voters feel the same about their songs.

Oh, your speech is making me complete vote again for Grace Kelly! You came at the right time, I was very close to giving up voting...:shocked:

:roftl:

It wasn't meant to be a rallying cry, but maybe it has worked as one!!!

I'm voting again too :roftl: :roftl:

The only reason I am taking this so seriously is that I genuinely really, really love Grace Kelly and I really do believe wholeheartedly that is is the best record of the year. It's actually one of my favourite songs ever and I'm no spring chicken :naughty:

If it were Big Girl or even Love Today up for this award, I doubt I would be voting so much. I mean I love all (well most) of Mika's stuff but I feel passionately about Grace Kelly.

But then I suppose TT and LL voters feel the same about their songs.

Oh, your speech is making me complete vote again for Grace Kelly! You came at the right time, I was very close to giving up voting...:shocked:

yes, it got me worked up too :thumb_yello: