The Oldlings Thread (Part 7)!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOOh poor chickadee - I have trouble with my MIL - she expects me to drive her all over as she doesnt drive and obviously I have loads of time as I only wotk part time!!!!

ps yes would love the beetroot choc cake recipe

Hi Vicky!!

Hi Carrie

quiet tonight :roftl:

my MIL is 82 but she is really a gem and very independent still !

She lives in Edinburgh too so it's not much of a problem !!

:wub2:

Awww didn't mean to upet you vicky. I thought it might have raised a giggle ;)

Oh i'm not the least upset !:roftl:

It was funny :biggrin2:

It's part of the series of pics that he did for the recent interview in the Observer music mag, he was voted MAN OF THE YEAR

:wub2:

We knew that !:wink2:

dear oldlings..i'm rotten, i've been making whatever today, and still have to buy my xmas presents! :shocked:

i'm too tired to type, and in english too!

Will look for you tomorrow, dear Robi! I have many presents to buy

yet, too -- but today we've put up our tree and other decorations,

and I've gotten my Christmas cards mostly done... so that's a big

win! But shopping? Ugh. Not looking forward to it, but will try to

tackle it all tomorrow. :sneaky2:

And hugs for all my fellow Oldlings. Life is getting in the way at the moment - need my time and energy for other things (for example work - deadlines!) so I'm not much on the internet but I will be back one day! :wink2:

The Aussie video is GREAT! :thumb_yello:

So sorry I missed you Blue -- because I am MISSING you! Darn that

Luke Juby for writing that song -- Life Gets in the Way too much since

I first heard it! :naughty:

Hope you will find some time over the holidays to pop in... I'm off now

to take Robi's job of patrolling the threads before dinner...

Talk to you all longer, soon!

dcdeb

OK, that's good you got the joke ;o) I hadn't seen any of those Observer pics. Good aren't they?

Hi Robi, don't fret about your present buying, it will all come together. It always does.

Hi and bye Deb

sorry that sounded a bit rude ! just after our chat earlier plus i had been watching the uncut GNorton interview and Mika was watching Dustin H and his wife doing Mr and Mrs and they were talking about it too !

His worst habbit apparently !!!

seems to have been the theme tonight !!!!:roftl: :roftl:

night x

just stopped by to let you all know (since it appears that everyone is sleeping...

- hopefully dreaming of sugarplums

- or if you are like me...

you are having nightmares about waking up christmas morning and santa overslept!:yikes: )

i have been sucked into the never-ending vortex of late christmas planning the past few days!

right now -

that is what it feels like anyway!

:naughty:

hope you are all doing well!

i will try to get on sometime this week

but it is getting to be crunch time!

:blink:

love to you all!

maybe i can stop by for a cuppa!:wink2:

OOOh poor chickadee - I have trouble with my MIL - she expects me to drive her all over as she doesnt drive and obviously I have loads of time as I only wotk part time!!!!

ps yes would love the beetroot choc cake recipe

Hi Vicky!!

Chocolate Beetroot Cake

3/4 cup cocoa powder

2 cups self-raising flour

1 3/4 cups caster sugar

1 1/3 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs, lightly beaten

1 1/2 cups pureed beetroot

Icing

100g butter, chopped

200g dark chocolate, chopped

Preheat oven to mod hot 210 degrees C. Brush a deep 20cm round cake tin with melted butter, line base with baking paper.

Sift cocoa and flour into a large bowl, stir in sugar. Add oil, eggs, and beetroot. Beat with wooden spoon until combined.

Spoon mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake.

Stand in tin 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Spread icing over top of cooled cake with a flat-bladed knife.

To make icing: Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl, stir over hot water until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Place in fridge and stir occasionally until icing has cooled and thickened.

Apparently four medium beetroot give the 1 1/2 cups of puree required. Simmer unpeeled, washed beetroot in water until just tender. Leave them in the water until cool, then slip skin off. Discard the water and process.

Australian cups are not based on weight, but on volume as a cup of brown sugar would not necessarily weigh the same as a cup of rice (for instance). Plus, we have dry weight cups, and a different liquid measure cup, where the dry weight ones come in a set of different sized cups from 1/4 cup up to 1 cup, whereas the liquid one is just the one cup with graduated measures up the side. You don't substitute one for the other. I don't know what you have in England, that's why I'm mentioning this.

Morning oldlings....

chickadee, sometimes i'm so happy me and my hubby are only child...and just my father to look after...am i a xmas grinch???

no, that's not true..i miss a crowded family, and my kids too....

but when i hear ppl whining this way, a part of me is glad we are just the 4 of us (plus daddy)...

wendi, just another day without you?....i love you today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow...

oh

can anyone pls point me in the right direction to find the thread talking about the article/photo shot of mika as a wicked angel? vicky's sig is upsetting my work morning! :shocked::mf_lustslow:

have a good day anyone...back to work now...:thumbdown:

0171.jpg

Dutch subtitles! That's from the interview he did in a hotel room in Amsterdam in March. :naughty:

Morning my lovely Oldlings! Is the forum playing up? It's a bit slow!

Robi! Happy belated birthday for your son! Forgot about it because of this hectic weekend... :blush-anim-cl:

OK, back to work!

BTW, if you haven't seen the Aussies Christmas greeting to the MFC,

take a look here:

You can see and HEAR Happikali, Nico, Rainbow Sky and others! :thumb_yello:

It made me go all teary, I admit it. :wub2:

dcdeb

thanks! they are lovely!

and the cleavage war is def ON! :naughty: :naughty:

The Aussie video is GREAT! :thumb_yello:

:naughty: Thanks guys. We're glad you like it. :thumb_yello: