The Oldlings Thread (Part 7)!!!

dcdeb

Oh, HOW MUCH WOULD I LOVE TO? :biggrin2:

This is a verrrrrrrry interesting plan that I'm hatching...

Darn tourists! They always spoil your holiday photos, don't they? :naughty:

dcdeb <who thinks that particular tourist should spoil a few more of her pics>

LOL! I am still gutted that he went to York (my hometown) last tuesday when I wasn't there...but just had been on Monday! I bet he did all the touristy things. I nearly jumped on Luke when he just casually dropped it in that they were on their way to York that night!!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good evening oldlings.:biggrin2:

I am so out of touch with what's going on here because I've been too busy to log on for a couple of days.

I've just read back a few pages.

Do I take it Kath and Robi are planning a trip to America???:wink2:

(I saw the dates on the front page)

I am so out of touch with what's going on here because I've been too busy to log on for a couple of days.

Hi MM! Good to see you.......quick resume.....No none of us are going to the States unfortunately although Wendi was seriously considering it. Robi and I are going to London for the rearranged London dates..although I don't have tickets for the Monday yet and Deb is currently plotting to join us! Lots of other Oldlings already have tickets as they were going to the originals. Will you be able to join us?

We could have a film crew (Andy) follow us around filming a series that we could call The Mika Life...:naughty:

Superb idea! :thumb_yello:

Can I be Nicole Richie? Oh, never mind... she's pregnant now, isn't she?!

OK, I'll just be one of the sycophant friends that ride on their coattails...

:wink2:

LOL! I am still gutted that he went to York (my hometown) last tuesday when I wasn't there...but just had been on Monday! I bet he did all the touristy things. I nearly jumped on Luke when he just casually dropped it in that they were on their way to York that night!!!!

I missed that bit of info! What a pity!

And so that was the only thing that made you nearly jump

on Luke, eh? :naughty:

dcdeb

Hi MM! Yes we're hoping that you're coming as well, yeah? :thumb_yello:

There is room at Chez dcdeb! 4* service! And I serve tea in proper

Wedgwood china cups!

dcdeb

nice news....yes, he might be following you!:naughty:

Wedgwood china cups!

dcdeb

Aah...that's better than I have at home here. I did make Blue a cup of tea in my beloved Mika mug this morning, though:blush-anim-cl:

Superb idea! :thumb_yello:

Can I be Nicole Richie? Oh, never mind... she's pregnant now, isn't she?!

OK, I'll just be one of the sycophant friends that ride on their coattails...

:wink2:

I missed that bit of info! What a pity!

And so that was the only thing that made you nearly jump

on Luke, eh? :naughty:

dcdeb

Well...............tbh...........I had to tell him to get his arse out of the way! We were waaiting outside at Newcastle and they had told us to form two lines and not to change sides or else Mika would just leave (they always say that!) so I warned Luke not to start messing around and changing sides at the last minute.........then when the time came and Mika was getting nearer he (luke) was stood right in front of me and blocking my view...so I said...'hey....I asked you not to cause any trouble..and you are hogging the best postion...get out of the way'...I think my chances of jumping on him probably diasppeared at that point!

Hi MM! Good to see you.......quick resume.....No none of us are going to the States unfortunately although Wendi was seriously considering it. Robi and I are going to London for the rearranged London dates..although I don't have tickets for the Monday yet and Deb is currently plotting to join us! Lots of other Oldlings already have tickets as they were going to the originals. Will you be able to join us?

Hi Kath!

No, I really can't do February.:thumbdown:

A very kind MFC member (who shall remain anonymous!) offered me a ticket, but I can't do it for lots of reasons.

...and if I'm really honest, I'm not psyched up for one so soon! When I saw him in Birmingham I told myself that it would be the last time for a long time, so I don't feel ready for another one so soon!

....and it's London!!!! I haven't been there since I was a teenager. I have an illogical phobia of London. It's probably because I was born there and my parents have always told me that they left as soon as they could!

Hi Kath!

A very kind MFC member (who shall remain anonymous!) offered me a ticket, but I can't do it for lots of reasons.

...and if I'm really honest, I'm not psyched up for one so soon! When I saw him in Birmingham I told myself that it would be the last time for a long time, so I don't feel ready for another one so soon!

....and it's London!!!! I haven't been there since I was a teenager. I have an illogical phobia of London. It's probably because I was born there and my parents have always told me that they left as soon as they could!

That's a shame. It was starting to look like a mini Glasgow reunion. I must admit, I have a love/hate relationship with London.

Hi Kath!

It isn't my favourite place either (sorry if I am offending anyone) but frankly I would go ANYWHERE to see Mika. You are obviously a lot more self controlled than me..but then it wouldn't take a lot of doing to be honest!

Wedgwood china cups!

dcdeb

I'm sorry Deb, but much as I love Mika and my MFC friends even more, I could no sooner go to America that fly to the moon. I found it really hard to leave my kids and go to Italy for 2 days. Althought Robi was the perfect hostess I couldn't help feeling bad that my kids were thousands of miles away.

They are still quite young and I'm a home-body, so I guess that I'll wait until they're older before I do another overseas trip.

Hi Kath!

you know what?

for how much i love seeing mika...i'm a bit at a loss myself.

i can understand.

i longed to see a gig before the autumn, but i was prepared for one in the summer, maybe a light festival...

seriously, all the gig making up scares me a bit NOW...but i feel i'll be fully recovered and totally ready when end of february comes!

just take a mika holiday for christmas time and be right back! :biggrin2:

Aah...that's better than I have at home here. I did make Blue a cup of tea in my beloved Mika mug this morning, though:blush-anim-cl:

Awww... I would have enjoyed that, too! :thumb_yello:

And I misspoke -- my china is Royal Doulton, now that I think of it, not

Wedgwood. Pattern is called Allegro, btw. Got it eons ago, when we

used to go to England at least once a year. Before 9/11 :(

Sadly, I must leave you all -- I need to shower, as I've been lounging

around all day. Since it was a snow day I haven't ventured out except

to walk the dog, but as it IS our anniversary, I suppose I should at least

look a little bit presentable for when hubby gets home. He should

be bringing home dinner -- I'll be happy even if it's pizza, because,

seriously, I *don't* feel like chicken tonight... :roftl:

Bye-bye for now, my dears!

Sweet dreams to all! xxx

dcdeb

It isn't my favourite place either (sorry if I am offending anyone) but frankly I would go ANYWHERE to see Mika. You are obviously a lot more self controlled than me..but then it wouldn't take a lot of doing to be honest!

I'm the queen of self-control, me!!!!

Seriously, I'm way too sensible to dash off again chasing him around the country so soon.

I'll be really jealous when you're all there, but it's not for me. I'm very happy to be able to concenrate on real life for a while.

I actually started a new job, of sorts, today. There isn't much happening in the garden centre at this time of year (especially for me because I only do the outdoor plants), so I started work in the tea room today!

Yes, I spent today in a pinny washing up and waiting on tables! It gave some of the regular customers a shock, but I really enjoyed it. I'm doing it all day tomorrow too.

you know what?

for how much i love seeing mika...i'm a bit at a loss myself.

i can understand.

i longed to see a gig before the autumn, but i was prepared for one in the summer, maybe a light festival...

seriously, all the gig making up scares me a bit NOW...but i feel i'll be fully recovered and totally ready when end of february comes!

just take a mika holiday for christmas time and be right back! :biggrin2:

Ladies...I agree....last week I remember feeling like that for about 24 hours..glad to be home and all my rushing around over for a while.........but tbh it only lasted about 24 hrs and if I could have gone to the London gigs (which obviously didn't really happen anyway) I would have done.....I think I am a HOPELESS case