NEW DATE for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London (bis) (4 december show postponed)

Yoppappop

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno yet. :blink:

If you see a girl screaming "OMG! OMG! I cant believe it! Im here ! Im actually going to a Mika gig' it will be me!

and how can i recognize u ? :biggrin2:

:naughty::roftl:

Well I'm curly like Mika and i'll have a mika rosette with me !

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know who is supporting mika at the London gigs cos I assumed it would be palladium but I looked last night and there are no mentions about any of the dates on their schedule???

Also, I will hopefully be queueing around lunch time, do u think I will still get a decent place?

Liz x

Oh cool! but does that mean I can arrive at 7am,and then come back at 6.30pm,still being at the front ? :blink:

I don't think so:naughty: .

People usually have no problems if others go for "breaks" and someone keeps your spot, but it's always with the understanding (in my experience) that you will be there more time than you will not.

Otherwise it' just a matter of who gets there earlier and then just buggers off all day, and then gets back in the evening, to go straight in.

Can you imagine a system like that? How chaotic and imposible to know who is who, who got there when, and just not manageable.

The numbers in the hand system that we had at Hammersmith is by no means "normal" as far as I know.

It just happened that day because the guy at the venue said that he was going to move the fences and it would make things easier to know who the first 50 or so were, so don't count on that being "the norm". If anything I'd say it's the exception.

This didn't happen at Brixton either or any other gig I've ever been to. Normally the queue works in a simple way: you go there and wait. If someone agrees to "save you a place" you can go for walks or whatever, but nothing is set in stone unless you have someone there keeping it for you.

Plus it would be quite unfair if it wasn't like that, don't you think?:biggrin2: For the ones who actually are standing or sitting there waiting all day :boxed: .

Plus it would be quite unfair if it wasn't like that, don't you think?:biggrin2: For the ones who actually are standing or sitting there waiting all day :boxed:

I couldn't agree more, I think it's fine to go away for toilet or coffee breaks a couple of times but to expect to get there and ask someone ELSE to stand there all day in the freezing cold to keep YOUR place while you bugger off for hours is totally unfair, but I have seen it done, I have also seen ppl try to sneak in at the front of the queue after arriving hours and hours later than those who have queued nearly all day, and I have seen ppl hovering about near the front of the queue hoping very near to the time they open them to jump in as soon as they open them to let us in.

I also think it's a cheek to try to push your way to the front, at a few gigs we had ppl come and stand behind us trying to push in front of the people who were behind us and the lady behind me told them in no uncertain terms that she had been there the whole time and their lies about they had been here all the time but nipped out to the loo did NOT wash.

It was also very irritating at Newcastle when some girls behind us deliberately stood there with their elbows in our backs right up until Mika came on then thankfully by then I think they realized that we were NOT going to let them have our place after we had queued long enough for it.

I know it's a free for all as soon as they let you in too but that is just how it goes.

I don't think so:naughty: .

People usually have no problems if others go for "breaks" and someone keeps your spot, but it's always with the understanding (in my experience) that you will be there more time than you will not.

Otherwise it' just a matter of who gets there earlier and then just buggers off all day, and then gets back in the evening, to go straight in.

Can you imagine a system like that? How chaotic and imposible to know who is who, who got there when, and just not manageable.

The numbers in the hand system that we had at Hammersmith is by no means "normal" as far as I know.

It just happened that day because the guy at the venue said that he was going to move the fences and it would make things easier to know who the first 50 or so were, so don't count on that being "the norm". If anything I'd say it's the exception.

This didn't happen at Brixton either or any other gig I've ever been to. Normally the queue works in a simple way: you go there and wait. If someone agrees to "save you a place" you can go for walks or whatever, but nothing is set in stone unless you have someone there keeping it for you.

Plus it would be quite unfair if it wasn't like that, don't you think?:biggrin2: For the ones who actually are standing or sitting there waiting all day :boxed: .

Oh,I thought the numbers system was "normal" though it did seem a bit weird :doh:

But without that kind of system, I also think it would be unfair to go for a long time while others were waiting! And it's nice to meet MFCers while waiting :roftl:

I couldn't agree more, I think it's fine to go away for toilet or coffee breaks a couple of times but to expect to get there and ask someone ELSE to stand there all day in the freezing cold to keep YOUR place while you bugger off for hours is totally unfair, but I have seen it done, I have also seen ppl try to sneak in at the front of the queue after arriving hours and hours later than those who have queued nearly all day, and I have seen ppl hovering about near the front of the queue hoping very near to the time they open them to jump in as soon as they open them to let us in.

I also think it's a cheek to try to push your way to the front, at a few gigs we had ppl come and stand behind us trying to push in front of the people who were behind us and the lady behind me told them in no uncertain terms that she had been there the whole time and their lies about they had been here all the time but nipped out to the loo did NOT wash.

It was also very irritating at Newcastle when some girls behind us deliberately stood there with their elbows in our backs right up until Mika came on then thankfully by then I think they realized that we were NOT going to let them have our place after we had queued long enough for it.

I know it's a free for all as soon as they let you in too but that is just how it goes.

Urgh,I hate ppl who are pushing like that to be in the front! I've never been to a gig but it happens to me all the time when I'm queuing to eat at school,it's really unbearable! :thumbdown:

Oh,I thought the numbers system was "normal" though it did seem a bit weird :doh:

But without that kind of system, I also think it would be unfair to go for a long time while others were waiting! And it's nice to meet MFCers while waiting :roftl:

I agree, it is really nice and fun to meet the other MFC'ers while waiting :thumb_yello:, although a few hours less would also be nice, hehe!

Urgh,I hate ppl who are pushing like that to be in the front! I've never been to a gig but it happens to me all the time when I'm queuing to eat at school,it's really unbearable! :thumbdown:

Oooh that bit about the food queue at school is so sweet:wub2:

I'm sorry that it happens to you though, but it made me smile, because it just sounded so sweet.:biggrin2:

I couldn't agree more Sparkly! I was really annoyed with the queue at Doncaster, suddenly deciding to have a second quue that would be let in at the ame time? What was with that.

Thankfully for the lastest gigs i wore big DM boots so anyone that tried to elbow or push me out of the way got a gentle but firm prod with my foot!

It really annoys me because it's partically disabled and really unsteady on my feet, esp after queuein most of the day.

Are you going to be there on the 26th? Bee coming too?

Marc is currently working up the courage to ask his mum to make another Holy Johnny Costume! He gave his other one to the promoters at Doncaster, Silly boy! :blink:

I couldn't agree more Sparkly! I was really annoyed with the queue at Doncaster, suddenly deciding to have a second quue that would be let in at the ame time? What was with that.

Thankfully for the lastest gigs i wore big DM boots so anyone that tried to elbow or push me out of the way got a gentle but firm prod with my foot!

It really annoys me because it's partically disabled and really unsteady on my feet, esp after queuein most of the day.

Are you going to be there on the 26th? Bee coming too?

Marc is currently working up the courage to ask his mum to make another Holy Johnny Costume! He gave his other one to the promoters at Doncaster, Silly boy! :blink:

yep bee and I are going to all 3 London gigs (need to get booked up at a hotel or something soon really), and yes...it was quite a schock to see HJ de-robe himself and give it to the promoters.

It would be great to see you both again Vix really got on with HJ, they just seemed to click, think you lot had a ball in Asda getting your chicken tonight for the big M.

Merry chrimble, happy new year and hope your well. :biggrin2:

I agree, it is really nice and fun to meet the other MFC'ers while waiting :thumb_yello:, although a few hours less would also be nice, hehe!

I so agree! I never was bored while queueing! :biggrin2: it's a chance to talk with mfc'ers, providing the weather keeps. if it rains, it'sa disaster.. :boxed:

Fantastic, it'll be wonderful to see you both!

I tried to convince HJ that we needed to do all three gigs but he's the more sensible side of things! Hehehe so just the one for us.

Yeah they did get on really well, it's funny how people click like that!

The Asda chicken hunt was fantastic! Lol1 This time I'm going to be more prepared and get a Chicken teddy before we go. i still have the Chicken Tonight, can't bare to eat it!! Lol!

Have a great new year, HJ will be so pleased when i tell him you're coming! :)

yep :bleh: but at least u're not alone while waiting!

OMG,I'm so excited about this! :biggrin2:

Oooh that bit about the food queue at school is so sweet:wub2:

I'm sorry that it happens to you though, but it made me smile, because it just sounded so sweet.:biggrin2:

:lmfao: that's okay

well actually it doesn't happen to me much now ,it was rather when I was in junior high ^^

I'm gonna be prepared for the weather this time :)

I was more prepared for standing a couple of hours for the Graham Norton thing the other week than any of the concerts where I stood 8 hours or more each time.... :blink:

haha, and then you didn't even NEED to stand, as you were fast tracked.....by your lovely boyfriend :roftl: (sorry, I couldn't help myself):bleh:

haha, and then you didn't even NEED to stand, as you were fast tracked.....by your lovely boyfriend :roftl: (sorry, I couldn't help myself):bleh:

Belieeeeeeve me - I'd rather have stood an extra 8 hours in the cold wearing only.....underwear, than sit with him inside for an hour :thumbdown:

Oh don't worry - I'll let you know if anything new or exciting happens (at work....obviously :mf_rosetinted:)

:naughty:

Jennie, you know that I am also super interested in knowing how you get on at work, right?

Anything new or interesting....don't hesitate.....put your finger on the button.....emaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail Saraaaaaaaaaaaa

:roftl: :roftl:

Jennie, you know that I am also super interested in knowing how you get on at work, right?

Anything new or interesting....don't hesitate.....put your finger on the button.....emaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail Saraaaaaaaaaaaa

:roftl: :roftl:

It's so nice to know how interested you all are in my job :blush-anim-cl:

Of course I'll keep you updated on my 'work'....

(I read that 3 times before realising that you'd re-worded Erase then hahahah) I've been up since 5am... I'm allowed to be slow.

It's so nice to know how interested you all are in my job :blush-anim-cl:

Of course I'll keep you updated on my 'work'....

(I read that 3 times before realising that you'd re-worded Erase then hahahah) I've been up since 5am... I'm allowed to be slow.

haha!!

Why the heck do you get up at 5 am if you don't have to work? That is just nuts:naughty:

But hey, you got it, I was wondering if I was the only freak that would recognise that sort of thing :mf_rosetinted: