NEW DATE for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London (bis) (4 december show postponed)

Yoppappop

I finally had the nerves to tell my parents that I was going to this gig and they said 'Fine, it's your money, you're in another country at another concert every month anyway, whatever you want'

If I'd know I would've told them months ago!

Great!!!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally had the nerves to tell my parents that I was going to this gig and they said 'Fine, it's your money, you're in another country at another concert every month anyway, whatever you want'

If I'd know I would've told them months ago!

I haven't told them yet... I'm kinda afraid this time :boxed:

I'm not saying she was bad, but every song sounded exactly the same to me and I just wanted her to get off stage so we could see Mika. With Palladium though, you kinda forget about Mika coming on and just enjoy the set. That might just be me though.

My words exactly! All her songs sounded exactly the same to me. And the beat made me feel unwell. I saw her in Dusseldorf. Her show is OK though and her drummer is cute :naughty: but I really prefer Palladium...

On the last tour I've seen 3 different support bands: Palladium, Alphabeat and Yelle. Preference: in that particular order. :wink2:

but i guess the whole thing is in understanding the words, not in the music, so maybe that's why you guys are not fond of her as she sings in french...

I'm not into Dutch technopop either... (or what's her genre called)

Well (if anyone cares :naughty: ) I actually had to tell my parents cuz,well they bought the tickets...

But what did they say for gigs u went to before ?

they were actually quite cool with it, but it was never that far away, I never had to take the plane and I never had to skip so much classes at uni :boxed:

plus usually they really freak out if my sister or I have to take a plane... ouch!

Oh you haven't.... not good girl...:naughty:

Anyway don't tell them it's my fault!!:mfr_lol:

oh I could do that :naughty: they don't know you so they won't get back at you lol

My parents don't know that for all these Mika gigs I will be missing a week of lectures but I live away from home at uni so they dont need to know!! :wink2: also they only think I am going to 2 gigs!

At least someone in your family knows, here i haven't told anyone i am going apart from my mum, to prevent the same old comments of "why am i wasting money" and such. In 27 years of age you get to do whatever you like, i'll say. *nods*

At least someone in your family knows, here i haven't told anyone i am going apart from my mum, to prevent the same old comments of "why am i wasting money" and such. In 27 years of age you get to do whatever you like, i'll say. *nods*

Exactly, it is your money and you can spend it however you want, but I reckon I would get that comment several times if i told them it is 3 gigs of his i am going to and am stayin in London the whole time! But hey...he is worth it and who knows when he will tour in the UK next???

Exactly, it is your money and you can spend it however you want, but I reckon I would get that comment several times if i told them it is 3 gigs of his i am going to and am stayin in London the whole time! But hey...he is worth it and who knows when he will tour in the UK next???

Exactly, and who knows what kind of venues he will play during his next tour? Judging from that Paris date in july he might be heading towards a massive arena tour...

Yelle was good, here I am defending her again, ha ha.

She is very techno based, but it's not the annoying repetative techno beat you usually get, she is very percussive. I guess that's why I like her, LOTS OF DRUMS!:punk:

I am with you on this one; I quite enjoyed her shows, even though I'm not into "techno" music, but I found her good on stage, and like she put up a good show, had fun, and had a great vibe.

What can I say, I just enjoyed her shows. And I saw her a few times!!

Also, I found her personal vibe very nice, she comes across like a nice girl tro me.

I'm not saying she was bad, but every song sounded exactly the same to me and I just wanted her to get off stage so we could see Mika. With Palladium though, you kinda forget about Mika coming on and just enjoy the set. That might just be me though.

See, that is how I feel about Palladium: I just can't get into their music, it all sounds too similar to me and sort of "half baked". Not that I think they're bad, but they just don't click the right buttons for me.

So basically we have the same feelings but just swapped around :roftl: .

well... it kinda surprises myself, but i like yelle :blink: it's funny and entertaining... but i guess the whole thing is in understanding the words, not in the music, so maybe that's why you guys are not fond of her as she sings in french... never got to see paladium though... but i don't mind seeing yelle live again as a not whole concert :naughty: (as funy as her songs might be, i'm not sure i could stand a whole show of "boom boom" :biggrin2: )

Well, I don't really understand the words to Yelle's songs (just a few here and there) and I still like her.

I don't think that I'd enjoy a whole gig by her, but a few songs are perfectly ok for me.

And in general about ANY support act...Well, to me I am always there to see the main act so they will never be as good as the main act, no matter who they are...I'm always keen to see who I went there for in the first place.

I want Patrick Wolf as support act. :wub2: He is good. He might be a twat, but his music is good and he would be very entertaining.

*runs off again*

yeah if he wants to get booed!:roftl: :roftl: I'd have an issue with Patrick for being an idiot, and Mika for putting Patrick there after what he said of him :naughty:

yeah if he wants to get booed!:roftl: :roftl: I'd have an issue with Patrick for being an idiot, and Mika for putting Patrick there after what he said of him :naughty:

as i said: it would be entertaining :lmfao:

I want Patrick Wolf as support act. :wub2: He is good. He might be a twat, but his music is good and he would be very entertaining.

*runs off again*

I would like Patrick to be there as well, even if he was an idiot. :naughty: But I don't think Mika would let him be there... Anyway, Palladium are better, they are not twats. :D

as i said: it would be entertaining :lmfao:

Yes ,that for sure:punk: FIGHT CLUB!!

Haahaha!!

:roftl:

Palladium are good boys, much nicer than Patrick, but I think that, as much as I dislike him, PW is a far better musician than them :blush-anim-cl:

I think that for his own health it's better that Patrick Wolf doesn't get near Mikafans anytime. I can't say his music is ****, but I don't have any respect or sympathies for this guy whatsoever.

I kinda liked Yelle in Ddorf, not really my style of music, but like other people said, she was entertaining for a few songs. I liked Alphabeat better though.

I think that for his own health it's better that Patrick Wolf doesn't get near Mikafans anytime. I can't say his music is ****, but I don't have any respect or sympathies for this guy whatsoever.

I kinda liked Yelle in Ddorf, not really my style of music, but like other people said, she was entertaining for a few songs. I liked Alphabeat better though.

I like Alphabeat also!! Wish to see them live, but maybe they tour in north europe only ..

I like Alphabeat also!! Wish to see them live, but maybe they tour in north europe only ..

They're playing on a festival in Holland thursday, and you know what, I even have a ticket to that festival but I can only go on friday because I have to pick up my friend from the airport early fridaymorning because we're going to see the Stone Gods :mf_rosetinted: If only they'd *@#$^^## play the friday! Actually I should be glad, Stone Gods is already too much pleasure for one day for me to handle :blush-anim-cl:

Palladium is playing there too though, on the friday, so I can check them out finally :original: