MIKA in NEW YORK CITY at Terminal5

dcdeb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I had 30something pages to read to catch up and I just want to say that scrolling through all the RSVPs is a PAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN !!!!

Ok rant over

I bought a box of those warmer things from Costco. I'm so looking forward to meeting you too! (in T.O.):woot_jump:

I don't have a Costco near my place.... but surely I can find those in Canadian Tire or something...

:roftl:

no doubt it will be cold! -starts worrying- now, the standing in line in cold im sure we could overcome somehow because if there was always a bunch of people in the line to save our spots we could take turns going inside a building and warming up...(if it works that way w/ spots...i wouldnt know...)

but...if its too cold...then Mika...wont come out..to meet us...--worriesworriesworries--

Well Mika has to come out of the venue at some point, regardless of how cold it is...

After Montréal, the NY cold won't be so bad !

Erase makes me shiver everty time :blink:

its amazing :wub2:

You know what's strange ? 2 or 3 weeks ago, Mika phoned in a radio station here in Montréal for a quick interview... I only caught like the last 2 minutes of it... and at the end, the radio host said jokingly : "we're now gonna play song you hate !" and Mika said : "oh please don't" and they played a part of Erase... :boxed:

I love Holy Johnny!!!! All I ever listen to anymore is Live in Bologna!!!! I LOVE hearing MIKA LIVE!!!!!

What song are you looking forward to hearing MOST at the concert?????

ME: Love Today and Stuck in the Middle!!!!!

And Big Girl.... OF COURSE!!!!!

I loooooooooooooove Holy Johnny too.... for very special reasons :wub2:

How Much Do You Love Me? :)

I can't wait to hear it again live...

And also Stuck in the Middle...

I'm very curious to hear and see how the US shows differ from the

recent European/UK shows... if they do.

dcdeb <getting excited>

Can't wait to hear How Much Do You Love Me live for the first time as well !!! And I'm curious about how the show will be different too !

Got research!

With this plan, we can keep warm, eat well, be near the venue, and stay in contact!

1. I will be PMing those on the sign-up list to exchange cell phone numbers.

2. We will be meeting at PAX Wholesome Foods around 11:30/Noon time for lunch- 1776 Broadway (Corner of 57th St, near Columbus Circle). It's about 7-ish blocks from the venue.

3. We'll stay there for a bit, then go to Boston Market, maybe around 3 if nobody's lining up yet. It's 2 blocks from the venue, and we'll be able to stay there to keep warm/ "buy food."

4. Then we'll get in line or something...

Sould like a good outline for a plan?

Like I said, if you're not totally sure for yourself, personally, we don't need to migrat twenty strong, and we'll all stay in touch anyway, so we can break up a little bit as long as we're not totally alone.

Sounds like a plan !!! Now that I have finally caught up with this thread, I'm gonna have to go read the whole meet up thread..... omg it's gonna be SO long....

Ok I had 30something pages to read to catch up and I just want to say that scrolling through all the RSVPs is a PAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN !!!!

Ok rant over

You know what's strange ? 2 or 3 weeks ago, Mika phoned in a radio station here in Montréal for a quick interview... I only caught like the last 2 minutes of it... and at the end, the radio host said jokingly : "we're now gonna play song you hate !" and Mika said : "oh please don't" and they played a part of Erase... :boxed:

QUOTE]

o i hate scrolling through also!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes such a long time! hehehe and cant they not play erase cuz its not released yet:blink:

o and r u going to the meet up cuz i will put u on the list:wink2:

o i hate scrolling through also!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes such a long time! hehehe and cant they not play erase cuz its not released yet:blink:

yeah I'm going to the meet up along with Cassiopée' date=' Becks and Loulou...

and they didn't play the whole song, just a part of it, which they are allowed to do...[/color']

o ok good i would hate it if they played a mika song on the radio that they werent supposed to while mika was there' date=' though that would be funny seeing mika whoop there arses! ehehe[/quote']

they wouldn't do that... but my point was to say apparently Mika really doesn't like this song... :boxed:

Ah. :roftl: I've been meaning to ask if anyone has heard Erase played at a gig. When I went to the Boston gig last summer I was realllly looking forward to hearing Erase live. I love it. I think it sounds beautiful and I was shocked when I didn't hear it but I figured it was because we had two other songs that weren't on the album.

really i love that song! i would think that they would play gk cause they make him sing it everywhere! its like in the dvd when he asks his band if they would ever be able to not play gk at a gig and everyones like nope! but y doesnt he like erase its one of my favs!!!!!!!!!!

do u no wat radio station it was

[quote=I <3 MIKA!!!

It has been released though. It's on my CD but I guess in some other countries it's a different song... not exactly sure though but I know there was something like that going on with his CDs in other countries that I never really caught on to.

Ah. :roftl: I've been meaning to ask if anyone has heard Erase played at a gig. When I went to the Boston gig last summer I was realllly looking forward to hearing Erase live. I love it. I think it sounds beautiful and I was shocked when I didn't hear it but I figured it was because we had two other songs that weren't on the album.

Nope Erase was never played at a gig...

It has been released though. It's on my CD but I guess in some other countries it's a different song... not exactly sure though but I know there was something like that going on with his CDs in other countries that I never really caught on to.

I think she meant released like as a single on the radio... cause we do have it on the Canadian version of the CD but it has not been released officially as a single on the radio...

really i love that song! i would think that they would play gk cause they make him sing it everywhere! its like in the dvd when he asks his band if they would ever be able to not play gk at a gig and everyones like nope! but y doesnt he like erase its one of my favs!!!!!!!!!!

do u no wat radio station it was

I was on CKOI... searched their website to have a podcast of the interview but found nuthin'

I think she meant released like as a single on the radio... cause we do have it on the Canadian version of the CD but it has not been released officially as a single on the radio...

:blink: thats really weird....Erase is one of my favorites too...do you think he really doesnt like it? i hope not!

:blink: thats really weird....Erase is one of my favorites too...do you think he really doesnt like it? i hope not!

Well from the way it sounded... he really like it... I think there is a reason why Erase is the ONLY song he NEVER EVER performed live... and personally although I like the song, I think it's the one that sounds the less "mikaish" if you will

I didn't think it has been.

Well if it is true that he hates it he should definitely un-hate it for a couple gigs. :naughty: Okay alright wishful thinking.

Oh okay. I guess I don't understand the whole radio thing. I figured if it's on the CD it's allowed to be played.

Well from the way it sounded... he really like it... I think there is a reason why Erase is the ONLY song he NEVER EVER performed live... and personally although I like the song, I think it's the one that sounds the less "mikaish" if you will

yes, i know what you mean...do you think...it has a special, "meaning" to him, that he doesnt want to really give up by preforming it live? :blink:

ooo thats a good question to ask him at the gig! *writes it down on forhead along with if he meant to say chicken ticket...*

oh right! so, what's our list so far? (ill write it down and bring it w/ us incase you forget :wub2: )

hahaha how did u know!!!!!!!! hahaha i already am making a list so far it is:

did u say chicken in i got life on new years eve or did u say something else?

would u make a concert for only mfcers!?

do u hate erase? and does it have a special meaning to u?

do u read the forum?

will u marry me?!?!?!

any other questions just post! and i will add them to my forhead! hehehe:roftl:

hahaha how did u know!!!!!!!! hahaha i already am making a list so far it is:

did u say chicken in i got life on new years eve or did u say something else?

would u make a concert for only mfcers!?

do u hate erase? and does it have a special meaning to u?

do u read the forum?

will u marry me?!?!?!

any other questions just post! and i will add them to my forhead! hehehe:roftl:

hahaha, i suggest you re-frase the question bout erase. he'll obviously say he doesnt hate it (well, almost deffinitly) and i wanna know more...i guess that is the easiest way to put it though. IF WE STAND TOGETHER WE WILL ASK HIM QUESTION QUESTION (ill say one, youll say one, then me then you, etc. or the otherway around, LOL) :thumb_yello:

oh, and add this one:

Chicken?

:naughty:

so does anyone know who's opening the show??

when i went to mika's show in miami, in june, sara bareilles opened. she was very nice.[/b]

WHY is there even an opening act at concerts? We are there for the headliners. Once I went to a concert *NKOTB* ....STOP LAUGHING, and there was like 3 different opening acts.... the concert was HUGE! :wub2: 'Aaahh those were the days' .... anyways, and I felt so bad for the opening acts cause everyone JUST sat there looking :blink: no one screamed or jumped up and down, or anything... and then when the NKOTB came out.... they totally rocked the house.... the other guys must have felt this small