Clare's Chill out Zone (Part 2)

Clare

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, dear. i usually have embarrassing experiences in the supermarket when it comes to pay...:boxed:

same here!

Dyscalculia

Category: Life

I have never written one of these things before (acctually, I have never ever heard of the word 'Blog' beofre lol) so, I thought I'd do me first one on my dyscalculia and how it affects me and me learning at school.

What basically means is 'Maths Difficulty', and I have had it since I was born. When I was 3, i couldn't understand the meaning of numbers and didn't know what the numbers were, I couldn't recognize the figures. When I was about 5/6, I mixed the numbers up with the written word, e.g: I once thought a 4 was eight and a 8 was a four. When I was about 7/8, the problems started to get worser. I couldn't count up to 10, i mixed the numbers around, e.g: 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 8, 7, 9, 10., couldn't match the figures for words lost track of time, couldn't read clocks, couldn't count out money...Theres so much, I cant write them all down! The age I am now, 12, I still have these problems, although I have grown out of counting to ten lol, but there have been newer things approching me fr the last 3 years. My memory has been going, which is caused by dyscalculia, poor name/face retrieval, I have to carry a calculator around with me everywhere i go, can't keep up with scoring in games, I have difficulty sight reading music notes, poor sense of direction, can't read bus times or train times, and poor athletic coordination. I have grown quite used to it now, but I know that newer problems will face me in the future, but I'm not worried about the future until the future happens

xxx Mav xxx

this was me blog on myspace

IM BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

my parents in real life!

ah ok! :)

ircazo thinks i am going to cheat on her!! and i too good to do that!

why should you cheat her? :blink:

i am good' date=' innocent drummer!

[img']http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/mikamavvers/ICONATOR_7abe415197d7226cce3bdccafa.gif[/img]

wheeheheh i can drum a little bit! :punk: