'Official NYC Meet Up thread'

HollyD

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you know VERY few restaurants are open at that hour!!! And on Saturday!

--Jack

Are you serious???? This is NYC in America we are talkin' about right....

I have never heard such nonsense in my life! :shocked:

9 AM is a bit impossible for me..(then again I'm not even sure if I can make the meetup as of right now).

Well, DARN IT.... you REALLY need to be at the meet up.... I am gonna come drag you out of your nice warm bed, and make you suffer with all the rest of us! :sneaky2:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Well, DARN IT.... you REALLY need to be at the meet up.... I am gonna come drag you out of your nice warm bed, and make you suffer with all the rest of us! :sneaky2:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

A Burger King might be open that early, but a nice restraunt? I wouldn't know.

If it's still okay with you, I might try to talk my mother into letting me go with you and Alex.

A Burger King might be open that early, but a nice restraunt? I wouldn't know.

If it's still okay with you, I might try to talk my mother into letting me go with you and Alex.

Are you kidding.... that would be ideal!!!! Then you would not have to worry about missing ANYTHING! :biggrin2:

Are you kidding.... that would be ideal!!!! Then you would not have to worry about missing ANYTHING! :biggrin2:

Yay!

^_^

I'll talk my mom into it a little later on though..maybe after Christmas since I bothered her enough with the tickets. :roftl:

It would be more convenient for her, too!

Yay!

^_^

I'll talk my mom into it a little later on though..maybe after Christmas since I bothered her enough with the tickets. :roftl:

It would be more convenient for her, too!

WELL THEN.... how could she possibly refuse a WIN/WIN situation? ....

YAY!!!! Hey, Alex's father is letting her go all the way to New York with me.... that HAS to stand for something! :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, ok, I know of at least a few cute 24-hour places, but they are all Lower East Side, where I hang out... I don't know of any good places in the Upper East Side/Midtown close to the venue that are open at that time. And the few I could find that were not totally gross greasy spoons were expensive.

--Jack

WELL THEN.... how could she possibly refuse a WIN/WIN situation? ....

YAY!!!! Hey, Alex's father is letting her go all the way to New York with me.... that HAS to stand for something! :mf_rosetinted:

Hehehe, she'd be crazy to refuse it!

:bleh:

The only problem would be how I'm getting to and from the airport. (And that she hasn't spoken with you yet). You're still getting in at Newark, right?

Ok, ok, I know of at least a few cute 24-hour places, but they are all Lower East Side, where I hang out... I don't know of any good places in the Upper East Side/Midtown close to the venue that are open at that time. And the few I could find that were not totally gross greasy spoons were expensive.

--Jack

Lower East side is good..... and if they are open 24 hours well then I can just camp there and get to the venue at 5 AM like I always wanted to....

Hehehe, she'd be crazy to refuse it!

:bleh:

The only problem would be how I'm getting to and from the airport. (And that she hasn't spoken with you yet). You're still getting in at Newark, right?

Yes we are..... how far are you from the airport????

Okay, let me STOP trying to get to the venue at 5 AM cause after all I do not even really care about seeing Mika .....

everyone and their grandma knows the only reason I am coming to NYC is to meet all of the MFCers

I'd say about 20 minutes tops. Not far at all.

OOH. Just remembered that a friend of mine works there..

Find out what time she goes into work..... and go with her *if it corresponds* we will be there in the morning.....

Find out what time she goes into work..... and go with her *if it corresponds* we will be there in the morning.....

Ouf, the morning? Hmm..not sure what time he goes, or if he works on Friday. If I go early with you, that means I'd miss school.

What time does your flight get in?

Ouf, the morning? Hmm..not sure what time he goes, or if he works on Friday. If I go early with you, that means I'd miss school.

What time does your flight get in?

OH YEAH SCHOOL.... I totally forgot... *I am taking off work... how could I forget that* well we will just have to work something out then...... like if your friend goes into work after you are home from school... Alex and I can go to the airport to pick you up... *before we head into the city* LOL :biggrin2:

If you need nice places to hang out at night, though:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?hours=24

The places I tend to go to are Yaffa's and Veselka.

Actually... any of these are open 24 hours and are not far off from Terminal 5.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?areaid=9&cuisineid=0&hours=24

--Jack

If you need nice places to hang out at night, though:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?hours=24

The places I tend to go to are Yaffa's and Veselka.

Actually... any of these are open 24 hours and are not far off from Terminal 5.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants.asp?areaid=9&cuisineid=0&hours=24

--Jack

THANK YOU!!!!! That is helpful.... NOW we are talkin' !!!! :biggrin2: