Mika's Buzznet List

artsyfartsy17

So I found this today and I'm not sure if it's been posted before, but I didn't see any threads that had posted it, and I'm pretty sure it was only put on the net a couple of days ago, so here it is:

http://www.buzznet.com/cp/top10s/lists/1411661/

It's Mika's personal top 10 songs of 2007; thought it was pretty interesting.

Not really groundbreaking, but just thought I'd put it up for all you Mikamaniacs out there, since it gives a little insight into Mika's musical tastes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found this today and I'm not sure if it's been posted before, but I didn't see any threads that had posted it, and I'm pretty sure it was only put on the net a couple of days ago, so here it is:

http://www.buzznet.com/cp/top10s/lists/1411661/

It's Mika's personal top 10 songs of 2007; thought it was pretty interesting.

Not really groundbreaking, but just thought I'd put it up for all you Mikamaniacs out there, since it gives a little insight into Mika's musical tastes.

8. CSS

"Lets Make Love"

yeah, i like this song so much :naughty:

10. Rhianna

"Umbrella"

is he serious? :mf_rosetinted:

8. CSS

"Lets Make Love"

10. Rhianna

"Umbrella"

haha he said in a Perez video, that he found the song and the video amusing even though she was not talented as singer or a good artist...something like that :bleh:

Are you serious?

C'mon you don't think this is really MIKA do you??

Read all the posts and comments and such....I somehow doubt this is really him....

Now that you say it.. I noticed this

The man who wants to be just like Grace Kelly

And doesn't he hate that?

Are you serious?

C'mon you don't think this is really MIKA do you??

Read all the posts and comments and such....I somehow doubt this is really him....

LOL..............I was going to say the same thing!!

I can't believe anyone even thought that that selection would be his! :roftl: :roftl:

Rhianna?

Lilly Allen?

Oh, and no Calvin Harris, BWO, Regina Spektor, Death Cab Cuties.........come on! Do people pretending to be Mika ever listen to anything he actually says??! :sneaky2:

I thought we agreed it is probably not his, because it doesn't include half of the people he has mentioned and a few he isn't so keen on....

Don't believe everything you read just coz someone stuck his name on it. It's like the whole facebook thing all over again.

8. CSS

"Lets Make Love"

10. Rhianna

"Umbrella"

Ella Ella Elllaaaaa...of course he is :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't "Starlight" from last year? I had a major obsession after their EMA performance last year

"D.A.N.C.E" is the coolest concept :mf_rosetinted:

and "Get Down" is just too wicked for words :punk:

I must admit there are some I still have to listen to :blush-anim-cl:

At the risk of sounding obsessive, which I'm not by the way, trust me on that, doesn't everyone listen to all interviews he does.

On the Nokia sponsored interview he did on Capital radio, he said that Umbrella was one of his favourite tracks this year, because of Timberlands production on it.

And he has Lily Allens Alfie on the preshow music, before he comes on stage, so I think you may be a bit presumptuous in thinking this isn't his selection for the year.

At the risk of sounding obsessive, which I'm not by the way, trust me on that, doesn't everyone listen to all interviews he does.

On the Nokia sponsored interview he did on Capital radio, he said that Umbrella was one of his favourite tracks this year, because of Timberlands production on it.

And he has Lily Allens Alfie on the preshow music, before he comes on stage, so I think you may be a bit presumptuous in thinking this isn't his selection for the year.

I agree. I really do think the list is valid, even if the profile isn't.

He mentioned in some American interviews that he loved CSS and that he "wished Rufus Wainwright's new song could get into the top 40" (it was 'Going to a Town'). Every time he is asked to request songs for a radio station he almost always picks "Umbrella," he used "D.A.N.C.E" in his little remix thing for Annie Mac, obviously loves "Standing in the Way of Control," requested "Alfie" for a radio station, Saranayde sings "Get Down" at gigs while he's changing before Missionary Man, and the other three are not a surprise, as they're great (well, "Starlight" and "Hey There Delilah" are, I don't know the other song).

This sounds about right.. However I expected some less well-known stuff to be on there too. Like Robyn for instance, he was talking about her even before she had her #1 single..

It just seems weird to me that the songs on this list are all chart toppers..

That being said, I had talked about most of these songs in interviews so maybe they just got all these songs from those and put together the list themselves? :naughty: