MIKA - GRAMMY awards in LA

Blue Sky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone speak to MIKA in SLC and ask him if he was going to the Grammys?

I was walking through Tower records and HMV here in Tokyo and they have special advertising for the nominees for the Grammys so Mika is getting even more publicity from his nomination.

And you know how they usually do a snippet of each clip when they say "And the nominees are..."

....assuming his category is not obscure (and goes unmentioned...)

....then the "nominee" publicity for Mika should be fab. If he goes to the awards they might also give his face 3 seconds of TV screen time, but even if he doesn't go, imagine every person watching the Grammys gets to see his nomination in that category and they go off thinking....hmmm who was that?....

Am I delusional? I do wonder. But the nomination alone is VERY speshul.:wub2:

So did anyone speak to MIKA in SLC and ask him if he was going to the Grammys?

I was walking through Tower records and HMV here in Tokyo and they have special advertising for the nominees for the Grammys so Mika is getting even more publicity from his nomination.

And you know how they usually do a snippet of each clip when they say "And the nominees are..."

....assuming his category is not obscure (and goes unmentioned...)

....then the "nominee" publicity for Mika should be fab. If he goes to the awards they might also give his face 3 seconds of TV screen time, but even if he doesn't go, imagine every person watching the Grammys gets to see his nomination in that category and they go off thinking....hmmm who was that?....

Am I delusional? I do wonder. But the nomination alone is VERY speshul.:wub2:

I agree...just showing the American public he exists and is good enought to be nominated is just fab!:wink2:

My mom asked me this morning if I was going to watch the grammy's..

I said I didn't know, probably not.

She then asked if Mika was nominated and I said yes, but I don't know if he's going to go or not..

she dropped her fork and just stared at me like I was crazy.

She then yelled as I walked down the hall, " tell him he has to go! His mother in law says so!! "

Hahahaha, my mom is crazy sometimes.

So, any word on him going or not?

Oooh... I just looked at the other nominees.... stiff competition! Here they are:

Category 12

Best Dance Recording

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances. Vocal or Instrumental. Singles or tracks only.)

Do It Again

The Chemical Brothers

Tom Rowlands & Ed Simons, producers

Track from: We Are The Night

[Astralwerks]

D.A.N.C.E.

Justice

Gaspard Auge & Xavier de Rosnay, producers; Gaspard Auge & Xavier de Rosnay, mixers

Track from: †

[Downtown/Vice/Ed Banger]

Love Today

Mika

Jodi Marr, John Merchant, Mika & Greg Wells, producers; Greg Wells, mixer

Track from: Life In Cartoon Motion

[Casablanca/Universal Republic Records]

Don't Stop The Music

Rihanna

Stargate, producer; Phil Tan, mixer

Track from: Good Girl Gone Bad

[Def Jam]

LoveStoned/I Think She Knows

Justin Timberlake

Nate (Danja) Hills, Timbaland & Justin Timberlake, producers; Jimmy Douglass & Timbaland, mixers

Track from: FutureSex/LoveSounds

[Jive/Zomba]

that's what I thought too. :thumb_yello: I mean, even if he doesn't win, it's still a social occasion and a way to promote himself in the US through the media :wink2:

infact he's going to use the media:mf_rosetinted:..a lil thanx vid in case he'll win:naughty: