The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

Er...what? :blink:

:lmfao:

I thought you harassing Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze and your old crush on Shaun Cassidy adorable. *pinches Christine's cheeks* And don't think that if I ever met you I wouldn't do it, I have a habit of pinching people's cheeks no matter how much older they are than me and no matter how important they may think themselves. :naughty:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww that's soooo cute!!

I had a 'husband' when I was three and he used to come over sometimes and our mothers would have coffee and I would cook him dinner in my cubby house... I have a home video of me in apron and kitchen gear cookig scrunched up tissues which was supposed to be a roast of some sort... my parents are threatening to bring it out at my 21st and show everyone... how embarrassing!!

That is so adorable! But yes, embarrassing. I take it you were an 87' baby?

Funny how gender-role behaviors are instilled in us from such a young age.

:shocked: You got a hug from Patrick Swayze?!

*faints at the thought*

My husband Michael met and cooked for Jennifer Grey when she was shooting a movie called "Wind" in Fremantle. whatever.... :naughty:

I will not publicly own up to that. Nor to a Baby Sitters Club collection (including the Super Specials) nor to almost the entire Sweet Valley Twins, SV Junior High, SV University, SV High, and SV Senior Year collection. :lmfao:

Oh, SV high was one of my favorites as was Babysitters Club and Trixie Beldon (that one is pretty old!)

Hope we are all having a lovely evening, I have escaped from RL for a while, although it will catch me again soon. I love going to birthday parties for 5 yo....

Oh cool, is that the one on (hang on, where are you?) B105?? I was listening to one before but hopped out of the car.

I wonder where GK will be then???

I get so possessive over where Mika's songs come in countdowns, or if they are talking about the best of 2007. I always keep thinking he will be near the top of everything, and then get disappointed when he's not :naughty:

Both!!!! Ohhh My gggggoddddddddddddddddddddddd <said in loud usa accent>

And like I saw Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa with his girlfrienddddddddddddddddd

OMG!!!!

I can totally imagine you saying that!

But you missed one thing... you need to add... "And I said, 'Like, whatever!' " (with the whatever hand gestures a la Clueless)

I only realised yesterday that Sasje met her bf on MFC...I am really way behind...even though I was online almost constantly, I never heard about that before...

Whoa... you really are behind...

Dad downloaded the entire back catolouge a while ago, so we have too many queen songs (if such a thing is possible)

No... just like you can never have too much blue eyeshadow, you can never have too much Queen...

If you don't already have them I strongly advise you to buy 'Queen Live At Wembley' and 'Queen Rock Montreal'. They are amazing.

I would like to get my hand on them... but it seems that anything Queen related is verra difficult to come by in Orange..

That, and I'm trying to save for England...

Oh and Cash Cab is over now. I'm watching Whose Line Is It Anyway now... Wayne Brady is a comic GENIUS!

I looooooooooooove Whose Line? Used to watch it all the time when I was living with my ex... and he was off at the prison (being a prison guard...)

The Comedy Channel runs double episodes almost every day so I try to catch them on the days I'm not working...

Funniest show ever! Although I must say the American version is better than the British... it's a good thing the British pump out better musicians, huh?

Oh, totally.. I love all of them... I remember when Robin Williams was on there...

OMG Ryan and Colin!

Clown shoes and bald Canadian man... ha ha ha those jokes never get old!

Hehe... I think Ryan and Colin pretended to kiss in one ep...

This is my first forum obsession but in previous lives I was a fangirl (twice)

Here is my first one..........

vanilla-ice.jpg

Vanilla Ice- when I was 13 I was obsessed with him and listened to To The Extreme (and then Extremely Live) non stop.

When I was 16 I was into this bloke.....

jeremy-jordan-img1.jpg

Jeremy Jordan, who sang Right Kind of Love...

Glad to see my tastes have improved dramatically

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Then again... mine aren't much better...

BIG GIRL (YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL)

AUD$4.61; CD Single;

Pre-order now for Mon 4 Feb 2008 release

'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' is Mika's fourth single to be lifted from his hugely successful debut album 'Life In Cartoon Motion'. 'Big Girl' is an anthemic and celebratory war cry to applaud size...

So, I see it was pointless to order Big Girl from England then...

Oh I get it.. Cancel the festival dates but give us a single to buy instead.. make some money but give us nothing.. aren't we spoilt...

would be nice if he toured on this single's release!!!!

*wishful thinking*

F**k the single... I wanna tour!

Yeah, I only heard of/met him because he was supporting Tripod's Christmas show.

*Hide's face as secondary (to Mika) obsession (of comedy) is revealed*

OMG!!! I knew I liked you for a reason! I love Tripod! They came to uni a few years ago and I gots a photo with them... and my bro got a drunk pic of them at the ARIAS after party!

Oooookay... I know the celeb crushes bit is a little old... but I thought I'd share...

JTT... the only reason to watch Home Improvement...

WireImage_225096.jpg

Mmmmm.... Devon...

DEVTOP.JPG

And of course... these three...

hanson970605.jpg

Oh cool, is that the one on (hang on, where are you?) B105?? I was listening to one before but hopped out of the car.

I get so possessive over where Mika's songs come in countdowns, or if they are talking about the best of 2007. I always keep thinking he will be near the top of everything, and then get disappointed when he's not :naughty:

It will be there soon hopefully...

I on the otherhand think he will be right at the end of all of the countdowns and then when he gets better I go jumpin around the house telling everyone :bleh:

Oooookay... I know the celeb crushes bit is a little old... but I thought I'd share...

JTT... the only reason to watch Home Improvement...

WireImage_225096.jpg

Mmmmm.... Devon...

DEVTOP.JPG

And of course... these three...

hanson970605.jpg

OG. Home Improvement. Hanson. For a while I thought that Sabrina the Teenage Witch couldn't be beaten but I was wrong, you win the embarrassing stakes, hands down. :lmao:

*stops laughing just long enough to hand Teegs her trophy*

Ok my fantasic audience *sees only the local druck unconscious at the table at the back*

We have the number for Grace Kelly... and it is *drumroll* comming in at #15!

whooo!!!

That would be me. :naughty:

Congrats, Mika, you didn't even make our top 10. I wonder why? Hmmm, it couldn't possibly have something to do with NOT TOURING HERE? :sneaky2:

I think I know why Mika has decided to ditch us...

He got scared when he had that interveiw with rove... honestly... I would have left the country and never returned after that one if I was him...:biggrin2::naughty:

I think I know why Mika has decided to ditch us...

He got scared when he had that interveiw with rove... honestly... I would have left the country and never returned after that one if I was him...:biggrin2::naughty:

I would have booked the next flight back, it looked like fun. The Rove-Lisa drag wouldn't have scared him anyway since he commissioned men dressed up as Lollipop Girls at his Sydney show.

I would have booked the next flight back, it looked like fun. The Rove-Lisa drag wouldn't have scared him anyway since he commissioned men dressed up as Lollipop Girls at his Sydney show.

I dunno... He looked very uncomfatable there... I mean it was much earlier in the year and he was still learning to do the interview thing...

I dunno... He looked very uncomfatable there... I mean it was much earlier in the year and he was still learning to do the interview thing...

You were joking when you said that interview scared him away, right? 'Cause I can't imagine that being the case at all. He's a professional and he wouldn't ignore a market because of some crazy people that he met in it.

He looked uncomfortable because he's so bloody tall and the couch looked so bloody low!! :naughty:

Might've had something to do with jetlag too.. But to be honest I don't think he hates us or doesn't want to come here (even though I joke about it) I just think he hasn't realised the importance of touring here..

You were joking when you said that interview scared him away, right? 'Cause I can't imagine that being the case at all. He's a professional and he wouldn't ignore a market because of some crazy people that he met in it.

Of course I was joking!... didn't you see the smilies :bleh::biggrin2:

Or he does realise the importance of it but in the scheme of things sees it less of a priority.

To be honest, a new album is more important that touring Oz. But he should never have to sacrifice one important thing for another more important thing, that's dreadful management. Especially considering that he said it's something that he said he's in no hurry to complete, by axing us for it he basically lied.

I really think it is his management who are incontrol of these situations, as much as Mika would love to think he is fully in control. I'm sure he would have loved to have had Lorna come down to Oz (and around Asia) but it wasn't worth it economically- ie management said no.

Obviously the new album is really important, it is still devasting that it couldn't be done after the Australasian tour (we need to realise that Japan etc will probably be pushed back until after the new album as well)

Hi ladies (and DC if you're around), I haven't been on this thread for a few days.... Hope you are all doing well and not having too many fires or too much heat or too much alcohol (I'm sure these all apply to at least some of you:wink2: )

So.... what have I missed? Anything earth shattering?

I really think it is his management who are incontrol of these situations, as much as Mika would love to think he is fully in control. I'm sure he would have loved to have had Lorna come down to Oz (and around Asia) but it wasn't worth it economically- ie management said no.

Obviously the new album is really important, it is still devasting that it couldn't be done after the Australasian tour (we need to realise that Japan etc will probably be pushed back until after the new album as well)

By 'Mika' I don't mean just the man but the whole franchise and team. It's painfully clear that he doesn't have as much control as he thinks.

Hello! :biggrin2:

I'm so addicted to Guitar Hero.

Even thought I've already told you my first celebrity crushes I want to post pictures because I'm a bit bored.

harry.jpg

Aww. Nobody can say that's not cute! And I was about 9 at the time.

chad-michael-murray.jpg

This was an obsession brought about by my cousin!