The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

Well, now don't expect this to make any form of sence ...

But, we were preparing for a school trip to the US to a "youth environmental conference" and we had to do a project, and so here we are taking pictures of this place in Wellard, and one of the ditzier of the group asked what some footprints were of, and ... we managed to convince her (in all seriousness) that they were quokka footprints, from quokka's that swim across from Rottnest to accept human sacrifices from the people of Kwinana.

Yeah, and then we were going to perform Waltzing Matilda there, and were bored on the plane (or was it on a bus somewhere? I can't really remember), and ... that song resulted.

Damn, now I really want to find it again ... where could it be ...

Kwinana I'm familiar with. Where's Wellard?

I love those bizarre things that arise out of boredom... *happy memories*

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now don't expect this to make any form of sence ...

But, we were preparing for a school trip to the US to a "youth environmental conference" and we had to do a project, and so here we are taking pictures of this place in Wellard, and one of the ditzier of the group asked what some footprints were of, and ... we managed to convince her (in all seriousness) that they were quokka footprints, from quokka's that swim across from Rottnest to accept human sacrifices from the people of Kwinana.

Yeah, and then we were going to perform Waltzing Matilda there, and were bored on the plane (or was it on a bus somewhere? I can't really remember), and ... that song resulted.

Damn, now I really want to find it again ... where could it be ...

I love how random things leave lasting impressions!

Likie me searching for the lyrics for GK all those months ago, and still being here!!!

Great song CD! I am hopeless with lyrics, Michael does a good job at changing them, usually to something dirty and perverted though :shocked::naughty:

Yes, I too know what a quokka is but also want to hear more.......

Dirty and perverted is good. Sometimes. I used to have a sticker that said "You're perverted, twisted and sick.... I like that in a person".

Kwinana I'm familiar with. Where's Wellard?

I love those bizarre things that arise out of boredom... *happy memories*

Wellard is like .. a suburb of Kwinana.

Yes, boredom is great for things like that. Hey! If it wasn't for boredom, would we have MySpace-perved on Mika? Would Jolene have been searching GK lyrics? Okay, wait, no she probably would have, because who wouldn't want the lyrics to such a brilliant song?

Oh well, hooray to boredom!

You may (or may not) remember that one of the things I suggested for the Mika showbag was to change the lyrics to a classic Australian song like Waltzing Matilda. I know that we're not working on the showbag at present cos we don't know when he's coming, but I started coming up with lyrics for this, just cos they bubbled up in my head.

An Ode to the Internet (Alternative title: The Ballad of how I discovered Mika)

Once a jolly fangirl sat by her radio,

Bored with the dross that she did hear,

So she turned it off and went to check her MySpace

Will you come a searching with me my dear?

Chorus

Search the computer, search the computer,

Will you come and search the computer with me?

So she turned it off and went to check her MySpace

Wil you come and search the computer with me?

Page by page she traipses through the internet,

Then spots a pic of a guy so twee,

Who's this strange man who leaves his image as a comment?

Chorus

Checks out his MySpace then hops over to YouTube,

That's where she first hears Grace Kelly,

Follow up with Big Girl, Relax and Lollipop,

Chorus

Downloads clips, looks at pics and reads interviews,

Then she discovers the MFC,

Obsession takes hold and switches into overdrive

Chorus

Now, it's not finished, I need one or two more verses. I'd like the last one to have the line "And her ghost may be heard...." like in the original Waltzing Matilda. And each chorus follows the original in that the third line of each verse is the third line of the chorus immediately following that verse. I just wanted to see what people thought...

Oh, and yes, it's autobiographical. It is the story of how I discovered Mika.

I forgot to mention but it's probably obvious. This is sung to the tune of Waltzing Matilda.

Wow that's fantastic..

how about adding this:

She looks on his myspace and sees he is doing a show

Begs her momma and poppa to let her go

Buys a ticket, makes a costume, then something goes wrong

He cancels the show and she cries all night long

:naughty:

Wow that's fantastic..

how about adding this:

oh, poor Kelzy :huglove: Surely your song will have a Happy Ending?? Oh, let's change lyrics to HE to reflect how ****ty we are!!! Don't count on me for any bursts of brilliance, and if we relied on Michael to help I could guarentee it would have a slightly, um, unfavourable slant to it :naughty:

I love how random things leave lasting impressions!

Likie me searching for the lyrics for GK all those months ago, and still being here!!!

So did you find the MFC while looking for GK lyrics? I found the MFC looking for articles and interviews...

Wellard is like .. a suburb of Kwinana.

Yes, boredom is great for things like that. Hey! If it wasn't for boredom, would we have MySpace-perved on Mika? Would Jolene have been searching GK lyrics? Okay, wait, no she probably would have, because who wouldn't want the lyrics to such a brilliant song?

Oh well, hooray to boredom!

How dare you imply I perv on Mika!! (OK, maybe just a little bit.:wink2: )

Wow that's fantastic..

how about adding this:

Ummm. I wasn't planning to do bitter, if that's ok with you Kelzy:roftl:

But I do like your lyrics. Maybe we can come up with a different song for those...

oh, poor Kelzy :huglove: Surely your song will have a Happy Ending?? Oh, let's change lyrics to HE to reflect how ****ty we are!!! Don't count on me for any bursts of brilliance, and if we relied on Michael to help I could guarentee it would have a slightly, um, unfavourable slant to it :naughty:

This is the way you left me

I'm not pretending

No hope, no show, no Mika,

No happy ending.

lol,, for the record there was no begging momma and poppa.. I am 30yo..

there was also no costume or crying all night long..

BUT THERE IS A TICKET!!!!!!!!!:sneaky2:

I have already got a version of happy ending..

it's called slappy ending..

it goes like this:

This is the way you left us

We're not pretending

No hope of a show and perving

No slappy Ending

39941508.gif

This is the way that we love

Like it's sarcastic

Don't take it seriously Mika

don't be a spastic

i could get shot for that one.. :blink:

Ummm. I wasn't planning to do bitter, if that's ok with you Kelzy:roftl:

You should leave the end for after he announces his Australia-wide-tour (hooray for wishful thinking), well, the event that he would receive this showbag at. So it would be like that verse, but about the real show :original:

Are you going to give him the lyrics, or record it and put it on a CD? Oh no, now you've got me excited ... and we don't even know when/if he's coming...

So did you find the MFC while looking for GK lyrics? I found the MFC looking for articles and interviews...

Yeah, I originally found some youtube videos (the one from Jools Holland made me realise how talented Mika was- for some reason I had this image of Mika being this hip-hoppy Leb boy like they are in Sydney- no offense anyone!) and also the one from Taratata where he spoke French :shocked::mf_lustslow: and then from there I think the next few entries on google where from mfc and I just started lurking etc.....

Oh god, I had to find something like this- my first mental image of Mika after hearing about his background and hearing GK but not seeing the film clip :roftl: :roftl:

ali-g.jpg

it goes like this:

We're not pretending

No slappy Ending

39941508.gif

Like it's sarcastic

don't be a spastic

Lol! lol! lol! Lovely rhyming ... but you want to give it to Mika? ... :bleh:

it goes like this:

We're not pretending

No slappy Ending

39941508.gif

Like it's sarcastic

don't be a spastic

:naughty: :naughty:

good work!!

Let's hope in the next few weeks we will get positive news and can rewrite, um, Love Today(?) with some good, positive Aussie lyrics :thumb_yello:

You should leave the end for after he announces his Australia-wide-tour (hooray for wishful thinking), well, the event that he would receive this showbag at. So it would be like that verse, but about the real show :original:

Are you going to give him the lyrics, or record it and put it on a CD? Oh no, now you've got me excited ... and we don't even know when/if he's coming...

I was hoping to record it onto a CD. I was probably going to ask Armande to help with the music...

Yeah, I originally found some youtube videos (the one from Jools Holland made me realise how talented Mika was- for some reason I had this image of Mika being this hip-hoppy Leb boy like they are in Sydney- no offense anyone!) and also the one from Taratata where he spoke French :shocked::mf_lustslow: and then from there I think the next few entries on google where from mfc and I just started lurking etc.....

Oh god, I had to find something like this- my first mental image of Mika after hearing about his background and hearing GK but not seeing the film clip :roftl: :roftl:

ali-g.jpg

Oh dear! Wow, I've never even made the connection between Lebanese Mika and Lebanese-Cronulla-gangs-etc.

Well, I stumbled upon Mika's myspace for my first experience, so I saw him before I heard his music. And if I remember, the first song that played was Big Girls ... not very Ali G :bleh:

Or he does realise the importance of it but in the scheme of things sees it less of a priority.

To be honest, a new album is more important that touring Oz. But he should never have to sacrifice one important thing for another more important thing, that's dreadful management. Especially considering that he said it's something that he said he's in no hurry to complete, by axing us for it he basically lied.

Scutty .... he never lied .......

I really think it is his management who are incontrol of these situations, as much as Mika would love to think he is fully in control. I'm sure he would have loved to have had Lorna come down to Oz (and around Asia) but it wasn't worth it economically- ie management said no.

Obviously the new album is really important, it is still devasting that it couldn't be done after the Australasian tour (we need to realise that Japan etc will probably be pushed back until after the new album as well)

Yep ... that' right ....

it goes like this:

We're not pretending

No slappy Ending

39941508.gif

Like it's sarcastic

don't be a spastic

:shocked: ......... slap.gif

:sneaky2::naughty:

it goes like this:

We're not pretending

No slappy Ending

39941508.gif

Like it's sarcastic

don't be a spastic

:roftl: :roftl: Classic! Hey, our (first) verses are quite similar...

ali-g.jpg

O! M! G! ROFLMAO!!! It must have come as a delightful shock when you discovered what he was REALLY like! I can't stand Ali G!

O! M! G! ROFLMAO!!! It must have come as a delightful shock when you discovered what he was REALLY like! I can't stand Ali G!

Neither can I!! So yes, it was a wonderful, beautiful shock :mf_rosetinted:

I am gonna say good bye now (hi HK by the way!) as I am lying in bed and laptop says it has 20 mins left on it but who knows how true that is! Will prob end up posting again but if I drop off mid sentence you know why :naughty:

I did the charity bread run tonight that I do once a fortnight, and I've never had this happen before, but i got seeded! I moved some of the bread so quickly and carelessly that loose seeds flew everywhere and I have then through my hair and down my bra. I thought I'd gotten rid of them all, but I just scratched my head and found more poppy seeds. Ick!

I am gonna say good bye now (hi HK by the way!) as I am lying in bed and laptop says it has 20 mins left on it but who knows how true that is! Will prob end up posting again but if I drop off mid sentence you know why :naughty:

That is so weird/annoying! Mine does that too. To it, 16 minutes left = time to turn off. Poo.

Bye!

Ooops. Forgot to say Hi to HK! HI HK!!!!:biggrin2:

Bye Jolene, just in case you drop off.