Okay, I'll try and reply to what Humphrey has said/asked:

1. Those dogs, they may look cute/interesting, but you are NOT meeting them Mr... :sneaky2: ...unless you are encased in some form of protective bubble. The reason the last update of those photos was several months ago is because they destroyed my camera :roftl: They are dogs at a dog shelter. Half of them probably want to meet you, the other half want to eat you :naughty:

2. The other dog, Ambrose, you can meet him ... but still with your protective bubble.

I'll go and buy one for you specially:

run-about-ball-hamster.jpg

3. Andrew Hansen. If you get here by April (but I don't think you will ... :tears:) then you could totally meet him! I am going to the Chaser's stage show ... But he is from a comedy group that have/had a tv show. Ummmm, example:

4. The beaches - well obviously, you will just have to get your big feet down here and experience them!

5. The cake - Are you saying you have never been to a Harry Potter party? *starts planning one for when you arrive*

6. I don't knwo why I'm numbering these anymore, their not in order ... awww don't be jealous of the land yachting Humphrey ... I'll tke you to do something equally exciting :thumb_yello: But they only do the land yachting in the summer when there's no rain :tears:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did someone say feet?

FEET!

:fisch:

Don't look at me!! I have NOO idea!!!

Random question: I have my final exams in two weeks and instaed of learning, everything I do is post here. Am I addicted?

:roftl:

Addicted? Noo, surely not? :blink:

Love isn't the word I was thinking of

Need? Adore? Relish?

Just thought I'd re-post these before I go

Goodbye for now. :tears:

Can't ever have too much of those feet, I say :wub2:

Byee :tears:

I have an exam this week that I was going to study for this weekend ... I guess I'll start tomorrow :blink:

Ok I love it then :naughty: *wishes she had a larger vocabulary* :lmfao:

:lmfao:!

*can't really remember what the original topic was*

*wishes she had a larger vocabulary also*

*wishes she had a better memory*

*wishes she could touch Humphrey's feet*

*remembers original topic*

*is glad that norwalk loves the creepiness of the humphrey-feet talk*

Oh my gosh! :lmao::lmfao:

Oh my gosh! :lmao::lmfao:

And I thought I was insane. :blink:

Hmm, my estimation skills are quite dodgy...

But its 25 people until you, and its 5 days each, plus postage, in my estimate before I rounded it to 2 weeks per person ... just because for some of the longer journeys it'll take him even a few weeks, I dunno ... probbly not really accurate, but that ends up with it being 50 weeks ... which is like a year :shocked: :shocked:

Sounds good... :roftl: I'm back in March 2009... so maybe there is a chance I get Humphrey after I spend half a year in England :punk::roftl:

Sounds good... :roftl: I'm back in March 2009... so maybe there is a chance I get Humphrey after I spend half a year in England :punk::roftl:

:lmao:! I really hope it doesn't take that long! I hope my calculations are way off :naughty: But how long did it take for him to get from Petra to Sienna just now? Like a week or something? I wonder how quick the US postal service is? Maybe he can catch up some time hopping around over there? *hopes*

:lmao:! I really hope it doesn't take that long! I hope my calculations are way off :naughty: But how long did it take for him to get from Petra to Sienna just now? Like a week or something? I wonder how quick the US postal service is? Maybe he can catch up some time hopping around over there? *hopes*

Parcels takes aaaaages and that's the main problem. If you send something by AIR MAIL (!!!) to Japan or Mexico from here, it'll take 8-9 weeks although I was told at the post office that it shouldn't be more than 3 weeks :shocked: . However, it took more than 8 weeks when I posted my parcels to a destination overseas. There is of course the option to send it by express by that costs twice as much (twice as much meaning 50 Euros!!!! That is insane :thumbdown: ). My parcel to Sienna (which is just from Germany to Sweden) took a week and my letters to the UK usually take a week as well. I'm not sure whether it would take less time to post Humphy to the USA or so. I'm sure that Australia needs 8 weeks as well (by Air Mail) and this is TWO WHOLE MONTHS! I mean, we live in 2008!!! Globalisation, logistics, whatever... and then it seems that my parcels were transported on a horse wagon or by a rowing boat :thumbdown::sneaky2: . It'd take less time to bring Humphy personally to the next member.

Parcels takes aaaaages and that's the main problem. If you send something by AIR MAIL (!!!) to Japan or Mexico from here, it'll take 8-9 weeks although I was told at the post office that it shouldn't be more than 3 weeks :shocked: . However, it took more than 8 weeks when I posted my parcels to a destination overseas. There is of course the option to send it by express by that costs twice as much (twice as much meaning 50 Euros!!!! That is insane :thumbdown: ). My parcel to Sienna (which is just from Germany to Sweden) took a week and my letters to the UK usually take a week as well. I'm not sure whether it would take less time to post Humphy to the USA or so. I'm sure that Australia needs 8 weeks as well (by Air Mail) and this is TWO WHOLE MONTHS! I mean, we live in 2008!!! Globalisation, logistics, whatever... and then it seems that my parcels were transported on a horse wagon or by a rowing boat :thumbdown::sneaky2: . It'd take less time to bring Humphy personally to the next member.

It depends really, i mean everyone should send by first class/premium/whichever the best one is...and by airmail where possible since it is alot fast and there are less chances of things getting lost...but times vary depending on the company, the country, the mode of transport.

To send first class to and from the various places, for me, it takes the following:

UK - Slovenia = 3 days

UK - USA = 6-7 days

USA - UK = 6-7 days

Tokyo - UK = 2 days!!!

Uk - Uk = 0-2 days

It depends really, i mean everyone should send by first class/premium/whichever the best one is...and by airmail where possible since it is alot fast and there are less chances of things getting lost...but times vary depending on the company, the country, the mode of transport.

To send first class to and from the various places, for me, it takes the following:

UK - Slovenia = 3 days

UK - USA = 6-7 days

USA - UK = 6-7 days

Tokyo - UK = 2 days!!!

Uk - Uk = 0-2 days

really? wow, when i sent mika mail to the netherlands it only took 3 days!:shocked:

Parcels takes aaaaages and that's the main problem. If you send something by AIR MAIL (!!!) to Japan or Mexico from here, it'll take 8-9 weeks although I was told at the post office that it shouldn't be more than 3 weeks . However, it took more than 8 weeks when I posted my parcels to a destination overseas. There is of course the option to send it by express by that costs twice as much (twice as much meaning 50 Euros!!!! That is insane ). My parcel to Sienna (which is just from Germany to Sweden) took a week and my letters to the UK usually take a week as well. I'm not sure whether it would take less time to post Humphy to the USA or so. I'm sure that Australia needs 8 weeks as well (by Air Mail) and this is TWO WHOLE MONTHS! I mean, we live in 2008!!! Globalisation, logistics, whatever... and then it seems that my parcels were transported on a horse wagon or by a rowing boat :thumbdown::sneaky2: .

It's really really ridiculous. I think people seem to not care about developing the postal system anymore because we have the internet or something :blink: And not only do they take so long, they still charge an arm and a leg for it.

It'd take less time to bring Humphy personally to the next member.

:lmao: Walking and swimming, even.

UK - Slovenia = 3 days

UK - USA = 6-7 days

USA - UK = 6-7 days

Tokyo - UK = 2 days!!!

Uk - Uk = 0-2 days

Wow, that sounds very good, does it really work out that long?

The people at the post office said my parcel should be in France in 6 working days, I was like :shocked: ... The website said a month :blink: ... that's with airmail. Fricking expensive still.

really? wow, when i sent mika mail to the netherlands it only took 3 days!:shocked:

3 days! Which one did you do? Airmail or first class?

That cannot be!!! Why did the parcels I have sent so far to far-far-away-destinations take 8-9 WEEKS??? Ok, I have to admit I don't really know what you guys mean with "First Class" but here, air mail is the fastest way if you don't take the expressexpressexpress delivery (is THAT first class?) which costs a fortune. if not more. however, what is faster than air mail? how far is the post with their beaming-technology :blink:?

:boxed: *feels stupid and is embarrassed because she wasn't willing to spent 50 € for shipping on the parcel for her MM partner and thus it needed 9 weeks*

*hides*

That cannot be!!! Why did the parcels I have sent so far to far-far-away-destinations take 8-9 WEEKS??? Ok, I have to admit I don't really know what you guys mean with "First Class" but here, air mail is the fastest way if you don't take the expressexpressexpress delivery (is THAT first class?) which costs a fortune. if not more. however, what is faster than air mail? how far is the post with their beaming-technology ?

*feels stupid and is embarrassed because she wasn't willing to spent 50 € for shipping on the parcel for her MM partner and thus it needed 9 weeks*

*hides*

I know, I am confused by the first class thing too. And I told my mum to send it airmail, and she says she did ... but the website said airmail took 30 days .. I'm going to look again...

Okay ... so I was wrong :fisch:

It says 5-7 days :blink:

Express Courier International 2-4 work days $74

Express Post Int'l 4-6 work days $65.35

Air Mail 5-7 work days $60.35

Registered Post Int'l 5-7 work days (:blink: can't find the price)

Sea Mail (:blink: can't find the time) $32.65

(That's for 2kg to France)

I did the airmail one. 50 € is like $80, so :shocked:

Aust to Egypt for 500g (I'm remembering 500g from somewhere, is that right? Those feet look like they weight a few kgs :fisch:)

Air Mail - 6-7 work days - $24.60

Express Courier Intl - 4-6 work days - $58.50:shocked:

Humphrey is actually very light so he would be cheaper than you have just said....but people keep on giving him things so who knows.

When i sent him to Sarah_loves_mika, he was in a mailing bag with his jacket, his usb and some of that squishy white stuff you pack parcels with and that was it...cost me £1 something...

I have the price list here.

Within the UK, first class:

100g-250g = £1.09

250g-500g = £1.38

500g-750g = £1.84

So hes somewhere between 100g and 750g

If we guess at 300g because that seems about right

Then the uk price guidlines are as follows:

Airmail:

UK - Europe = £2.41 + 10p for every extra 20g

UK - World Zones 1 and 2 = £3.72 + 20p for every extra 20g

Surfacemail:

UK - Europe = £1.82

So yes...its cheaper by sea but it takes 6-9 times as long.

Humphrey is actually very light so he would be cheaper than you have just said....but people keep on giving him things so who knows.

When i sent him to Sarah_loves_mika, he was in a mailing bag with his jacket, his usb and some of that squishy white stuff you pack parcels with and that was it...cost me £1 something...

I have the price list here.

Within the UK, first class:

100g-250g = £1.09

250g-500g = £1.38

500g-750g = £1.84

So hes somewhere between 100g and 750g

If we guess at 300g because that seems about right

Then the uk price guidlines are as follows:

Airmail:

UK - Europe = £2.41 + 10p for every extra 20g

UK - World Zones 1 and 2 = £3.72 + 20p for every extra 20g

Surfacemail:

UK - Europe = £1.82

So yes...its cheaper by sea but it takes 6-9 times as long.

Wow - that's stupidly cheap, are you for real? The bottom one I did was for 500g. But that was to Egypt, does Egypt cost more to send to than other places? I know it costs a heck load more to fly to :sneaky2: (*wanted go there but can't because of said airfare*)

I asked before, buuut you didn't reply, so HOW IS THE WEBSITE GOING!?

:fisch:

Is it going?

And have you recieved Petra's files? :fisch:

Website Designers:

After the success of the myspace, we are in the process of forming a website purely for Humphrey, so not just a profile on a social networking site.

Ohwowitsnicka is leading this process and requires a team to help build the it.

I have yet to discuss fully with her how much help she requires and in what specific places, so until then, positions are available for 'general help' or for those with web design knowledge wanting to be assigned an area.

Number of places currently available: 1 (Layout)

If you guys still need help I'm available ... :mf_rosetinted:

Ive left the website down to ohwowitsnicka since she volunteered....i havent check in at all (naughty of me i know) i keep on planning to then being side tracked...websites take a lot of time so i dont want to pressure her.

If it isnt up by the time Sir Humphrey Edward Lancelot returns to me...i will make a quick piczo site :)