American Thread Part II

mandilambi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, you like to go by Amanda? I can't remember if I knew that or not...:blink: lol. I think I've just been calling you Mandi because it's in your username!

xD Me too.

Hollis, do you have any nicknames?

Haha, should I call you Kate now, or Katie?:roftl:

I think I call you different things ever day. xD

xD Me too.

Hollis, do you have any nicknames?

Haha, should I call you Kate now, or Katie?:roftl:

I think I call you different things ever day. xD

Umm, not really. A couple of my friends call me Holly or Holly-berry, but that's just because we've known each other forever. For some reason I don't mind when those select few call me Holly, but if anyone else does, it just kind of irks me. *shrug* My dad always hated when people tried to call me Holly too.

Umm, not really. A couple of my friends call me Holly or Holly-berry, but that's just because we've known each other forever. For some reason I don't mind when those select few call me Holly, but if anyone else does, it just kind of irks me. *shrug* My dad always hated when people tried to call me Holly too.

Yea, I was wondering if you liked being called Holly or not, and I had a feeling you didn't.

Well I'm glad we're on the same page with our dislike of those nicknames!

Believe me, I understand.

:mf_rosetinted:

Manda, I have TONS. I've had millions of nicknames growing up.I'll share the ones I remember with you:

-backwards Jessica

-Jessica "Big butt Lopez" :thumbdown:

-Clown Woman

-Jess da moron

-Mighty Whitey

-Goldy Locks

-Heaven Neighbour

-Fink, Finkle, Finklestein, Finx, Finky, Finkster, Finkus, Finkle B. Tuna

-Jessikins

-Finkle Freak (not meant to be mean)

-Klutz Buddy

and the latest

-Chubbybunikins

Must I explain any?:roftl: The bolded ones were given to me by family and only they call me that, the ones bolded and underlined family gave it to me, everyone calls me it.

Oh yeah, I might have the worst nickname ever. Years ago when I started at a new gymnastics place (I was 12), my gymnastics coach jokingly said that my last name kind of looked like it was pronounced "turd". Still to this day when I go back to the gym to visit, he still calls me that. And a couple of my closet friends from gymnastics call me "Turd" still too. They even call my mom and dad "Mr. and Mrs. Turd." How cute. :roftl:

Oh yeah, I might have the worst nickname ever. Years ago when I started at a new gymnastics place (I was 12), my gymnastics coach jokingly said that my last name kind of looked like it was pronounced "turd". Still to this day when I go back to the gym to visit, he still calls me that. And a couple of my closet friends from gymnastics call me "Turd" still too. They even call my mom and dad "Mr. and Mrs. Turd." How cute. :roftl:

:roftl: Love how they call your parents that!

LOL at some of your nicks! Hollis, that's pretty hilarious about the nick they gave you. Now every time I see your last name on facebook, I'll think of that. ;)

Some of my nicknames from family: Manda, Mand, Mouse, Daffy, Daffodil, Darla, Muldune, Tink, Manders, Mandolas (this is Manda and Legolas combined LOL).

My boyfriend calls me Manda, Skittles, sugarbuns (as a joke LOL), and Mandafer. The way Mandafer came about was because whenever I would talk seriously to Chris (for instance, when I am mad at him) I will call him Christopher. So then to get back at me and to make me laugh, he calls me Mandafer. hmmmmmph. LOL

From kids at my job: Miss Mana, Miss Banana, Miss Amana, Miss Tamanda.

Well, I am not quite sure how I got that nickname! I think my mom gave it to me when I was a young girl because I had white blonde hair and she thought I resembled a daffodil. Strangely enough, daffodils are my favorite flower now. :)

However, mostly my mom calls my daffy...and that's probably just because I'm crazy. LOL ;)

I wondered if it had to do with him! I <3 TNBC! But wow....I wouldn't want to be compared to him...!! Still, cute nickname. :D

:roftl: I didn't at the time, either. They even took a pickle jar and labeled it "Frog's Breath" and drew a picture of me/Dr. Finklestein and gave it to me. haha

I don't mind it now, I don't take it to heart. I like it.:)