• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*chokes on candy cane* Hi Amanda!

Jess!

the snow is almost up to my knees here. :(

i'd much rather prefer wind.

:shocked: the snow was past my knees and it's almost fully melted. Only took it two days. :blink:

Hey girlies! What's up?

I can relate about the weather being bad. We had a tornado warning on Monday. It was horrible.

Tornado warnings scare me! We hardly ever get them thank goodness. I really have no safe place in this house if a tornado comes because we really don't have a basement.

It was worse because I was at work, so I was in a room with a bunch of kindergarteners. I was praying a lot, while all the kids were playing and unsuspecting (for the most part) of what was going on.

Ugh! I'd be really freaked out knowing that you have to keep them safe if one touched down! :shocked: That would be really hard. :sad:

Now why would I send the wind over to chubbybunnikins?!

:huglove:

Hiya Jen!

Because I'm such a hottaaaay that you wanna cool me off? :huglove::wink2:

Oh, believe me, I was terrified! I was definitely scared for myself, but more so was scared cos I couldn't imagine seeing any of them getting harmed.

Did the school have a basement that way if something was to happen there's safety??

Because I'm such a hottaaaay that you wanna cool me off? :huglove::wink2:

Did the school have a basement that way if something was to happen there's safety??

:lmao: You have uncovered my secret.

If I was ever in a place where there was a tornado watch..I don't know what I'd do.:shocked:

This may sound extremely ignorant, but do those happen in other countries too?

yup.

and at least you didn't ask if they have t.v. in other countries. XD

i get worried about the education system here sometimes..

What sorts of countries? I know it has to be places with lots of flat land..

yea, really. Americans are so ignorant. Or at least the ones in my town.:thumbdown:

I'm an idiot. I wish they'd educate us more on other countries.

No! We had to go in a classroom, because it only had one window. We couldn't even stand in the hallway because there were doors on both ends of the hallway. It was frightening!

:shocked: Scary.

You know what I'm freaked out about? Tornadoes at night. *wishes wind would stop... now*

:lmao: You have uncovered my secret.

If I was ever in a place where there was a tornado watch..I don't know what I'd do.:shocked:

This may sound extremely ignorant, but do those happen in other countries too?

Yup I sure have! :thumb_yello:

If I ever hear of a tornado warning I always watch the sky.

Apparently this past summer when I was living on campus a funnel cloud formed over our rugby field. :blink: I was living with five other people. One was working I think and another one was in class so the four of us piled into a car to go shopping. When we were gassing up we noticed there was a thunderstorm concentrated on one part of the mountain and we just watched the lightening and listened to the thunder. Turns out it was over our college and someone saw the funnel cloud and went running to the nearest building which was the dinning hall and pounded on the doors to get in as it started to hail.

Yeah kind of glad I was there for that. Although since nothing happened I kind of wish I was there to see it, even though I probably would have froze in my tracks and screamed. :roftl:

They happen here a couple times each summer. We've never been hit, but we've had them form really closely near my house.

So you've actually seen one? :blink: :blink: I kinda sorta want to see one some day but from a very, VERY safe distance away. Although maybe not because I might have nightmares about it.

What sorts of countries? I know it has to be places with lots of flat land..

yea, really. Americans are so ignorant. Or at least the ones in my town.

:thumbdown:

I'm an idiot. I wish they'd educate us more on other countries.

Australia, Colombia and South Africa have had bigger ones that i've heard/read about.

oh, you are not, silly. :wink2:

PhotoJenic, yes, I have seen one before. It's scary...makes you realize just how small you are. The last time we had some around our house, my dad said he saw one forming right above our house....but it never hit the ground.

By the way, remind me what your name is, please! I feel so awkward calling you PhotoJenic each time. lol!

Wow, that's crazy Amanda!

Tsunamis are really scary..it's crazy how quickly these kinds of things happen.

Everything seems like a normal day and then all of a sudden WHAM..disaster.

we should start a natural disasters thread.:roftl:

I personally haven't been flooded out, but my aunt has. She lost her car and a lot of her possessions.

The wildfires are really sad. Like the ones in California..so scary too.

I can't imagine being in a position like that and just feeling so hopeless.