American Thread Part II

mandilambi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'morning Americans. how's this fine Saturday for you all?

I'm so nervous. I'm meeting an alum of Brown for an interview in about 20 minutes. It's a complete reach school for me, but I'm just really intimidated right now. Eeeee.

Hello!

Good luck with the interview! I went through my first interview last year. Just try to stay calm and don't worry! I know, easier said than done but I was told that repeatedly from the people who worked at the college and that was probably the best and only advice. :naughty:

Thanks, it was decent. I mean, she threw a couple curveballs that nobody would've been able to answer, but I think it was fair. I think I impressed her on some levels,maybe some not so much. I'm not a super-proliferent prodigy or anything at all. It was about 45 minutes long. And I burnt my tongue on tea before she arrived, but it's okay. LOL.

Thanks, it was decent. I mean, she threw a couple curveballs that nobody would've been able to answer, but I think it was fair. I think I impressed her on some levels,maybe some not so much. I'm not a super-proliferent prodigy or anything at all. It was about 45 minutes long. And I burnt my tongue on tea before she arrived, but it's okay. LOL.

45 minutes! :shocked: When I went for my interview and tour (which the tour was only an hour long) for my new college I was there for about 4 hours. :shocked: Did you get asked some of the same questions repeatedly? Mine was like that, I answered probably about every question twice and when I gave the answers one time around they were written down and then I had to write a bit about why I wanted to be accepted.

Some places really make you jump through hoops but it's worth it. I hate the curve ball questions too. I feel so silly when I just sit there, go blank and say "uhhhhh." I had maybe one of those.

Did you have the pass the interview in order to apply?

now everyone is freaking me out about college and i am only in 9th grade!!!!!!!!!!eek :eek: but luckily i dont think i have to do any interviews cuz i am going out of the u.s. most likely to scotland england or france (parents are forcing me to but i will be closer to mika:wub2: )

No, it was pretty low key. She said we'll keep in touch and it sounds like they really spend a lot of time reviewing applicants, somettimes up to two hours!

FOUR HOURS??? That's insane!!!

It was more of a discussion, so some of the things I was saying came full circle and ended up repeated, but all in all it was okay. She was hard to read though, so I have no idea what she's gonig to report back.

No, it was pretty low key. She said we'll keep in touch and it sounds like they really spend a lot of time reviewing applicants, somettimes up to two hours!

FOUR HOURS??? That's insane!!!

It was more of a discussion, so some of the things I was saying came full circle and ended up repeated, but all in all it was okay. She was hard to read though, so I have no idea what she's gonig to report back.

Wow! I don't know how long they spend reviewing applicants at this one. It must be a while because they only accept around up to 300 a year.

Ah, at least it was more of a discussion. Mine was a lot of questions being thrown left and right with a little bit of discussion. :naughty: I remember the interviewer asked why I should be accepted. I looked down at my portfolio and scooted it in front of her. She laughed and then said that I had to say more than just that. Darn. :roftl:

Maybe if you haven't filled out the full application yet that's what she's going to report back to you about? Or maybe you have to do another meeting or something. :blink: I'm not sure how most colleges work because the one I'm at now doesn't do interviews.

now everyone is freaking me out about college and i am only in 9th grade!!!!!!!!!!eek :eek: but luckily i dont think i have to do any interviews cuz i am going out of the u.s. most likely to scotland england or france (parents are forcing me to but i will be closer to mika:wub2: )

9th grade? Don't worry about it then. I didn't really start thinking about college until around 12th grade. : P

Definitely!!!!!!! (While playing Chubby bunny of course). Except, i have like 50 bajillion cavities in my mouth, so I don't know. I inherited my dad's dental crap. :thumbdown:

Hey Americans, I need some honest opininos on this. This is my Valentine for Jess's thing, and I need advice. Is it corny? I thought for so long on how not to be corny. Is the design at the top/ concept of the letter corny?

This is my draft: http://justins-future-exes.org/VDAY.doc

(uploaded at my Justin site, yes :naughty:)

Should I not include that thing about eating right before? I don't want him to be like, "Um... okay!" But I don't want him to barf/ just think I'm gross ... Or is the whole thing just TMI?

Honestly though, that day was insane. My ankles were grosser than I described, but I won't go into detail obviously. I'm surprised I didn't get sick after, with all the rain, too!

Bump, I need opinions before I send it in tonight!

Wow! I don't know how long they spend reviewing applicants at this one. It must be a while because they only accept around up to 300 a year.

Ah, at least it was more of a discussion. Mine was a lot of questions being thrown left and right with a little bit of discussion. :naughty: I remember the interviewer asked why I should be accepted. I looked down at my portfolio and scooted it in front of her. She laughed and then said that I had to say more than just that. Darn. :roftl:

Maybe if you haven't filled out the full application yet that's what she's going to report back to you about? Or maybe you have to do another meeting or something. :blink: I'm not sure how most colleges work because the one I'm at now doesn't do interviews.

Report back for questions and stuff, and to keep in touch, I think. She asked any questions I had.

HAHA that's so cute about the portfolio.