From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks so much!

my problem is that i keep to my diet, i get slimmer, i'm very happy, but.....someday i start tasting good food again and start loving it again! :shocked:

good food is so rewarding! :mf_lustslow:

I have adopted a trick from a friend: While she was dieting (she did the WeightWatchers thing, too) she started to have herself her "personal Sabbath" as she called it, once a week, when she just loosened the rather strict dieting rules a bit and ate just 'normal' (though the 'normal' changed automatically to a healthier nutrition during her diet). It makes sense because it also avoids your metabolism to get down too low , your body is 'encouraged' to burn more calories again and will do so still when you eat less the following days again.

thanks so much!

my problem is that i keep to my diet, i get slimmer, i'm very happy, but.....someday i start tasting good food again and start loving it again! :shocked:

good food is so rewarding! :mf_lustslow:

Oh, I know!:roftl:

Why are we doing this, rewarding ourselves with food?:blush-anim-cl:

It must be some solution to this, and the one who does the discovery about it will have the Nobel Prize!:naughty:

I have adopted a trick from a friend: While she was dieting (she did the WeightWatchers thing, too) she started to have herself her "personal Sabbath" as she called it, once a week, when she just loosened the rather strict dieting rules a bit and ate just 'normal' (though the 'normal' changed automatically to a healthier nutrition during her diet). It makes sense because it also avoids your metabolism to get down too low , your body is 'encouraged' to burn more calories again and will do so still when you eat less the following days again.

Sounds like a really good idea, but the hard part is to do it for just one day of course!:wink2:

Lmao those are some first class editing skills there shari - well done :P

Editing skills Pinky, LOL. If only you knew!!!!!

Couldn't find out how to write with Adobe so wrote on see thru plastic and scanned the whole thing. Didn't know it would come out looking so good! Ha!

I started one week today and I have lost 4 pounds.
Very well done! :D:thumb_yello:
Oh, here's a tip I did hear. If the scales aren't changing but you're working really hard, go by your tape measure ie measure your proportions and then re-measure at a later interval and if the scales haven't changed, you may just find that your measurements have decreased instead as your body gets fitter. does this help? Does anyone know anything about getting past a plateau? I mean, it happens to a lot of people so there's got to be some knowledge about it out there somewhere....

The one thing I never did when I first started in '06 was measure myself! But, I've dropped 4-5 dress sizes (next size down in some stores)-I measured myself the other night-I'll measure again in a week and see what's going on!

I need to get out of this plateau...it has to happen at some point-surely!?!

I have an awkward body shape too, I'm now really narrow up the top and all the weight is on my legs and belly. :(

Ok-photo time...? Dark glasses are required!! :shocked:

This was me at near my very biggest-I put on a bit more after this photo was taken. Taken in Sweden in 2003-I had a sunburnt nose haha!

Nope not ashamed to show this because I'm not that big now!

Another *ick*

This was me in July... my 30th birthday-they made me wear a stupid 'crown' in work haha! They decorated my desk though!

Hiding behind a Baby is always a good thing too! ;) (Taken in April)

Good morning Fat Fighters!

How are you all doing? I've been quite a good girl during the last days. Always stuck to my points and did my exercises. I started this days with a slice of bread, a yogurt and a cup of tea. I'm really lucky that I'm feeling better now and not so dizzy anymore. My only problem is my grandma's birthday tomorrow. I don't know if I have the strengths to resist all those lovely cakes? Does anyone of you know Schwarzwälder Kirschtore? I love it! And I fear I will have it tomorrow :naughty: .

I'm off to work now which includes a lot of shelf-cleaning in our university library. So some more exercises for me :yay: . And dirt :blink: .

BTW, what's with all these baby pictures? They are so cute :wub2:

Good morning Fat Fighters!

How are you all doing? I've been quite a good girl during the last days. Always stuck to my points and did my exercises. I started this days with a slice of bread, a yogurt and a cup of tea. I'm really lucky that I'm feeling better now and not so dizzy anymore. My only problem is my grandma's birthday tomorrow. I don't know if I have the strengths to resist all those lovely cakes? Does anyone of you know Schwarzwälder Kirschtore? I love it! And I fear I will have it tomorrow :naughty: .

I'm off to work now which includes a lot of shelf-cleaning in our university library. So some more exercises for me :yay: . And dirt :blink: .

BTW, what's with all these baby pictures? They are so cute :wub2:

Believe me - I know about family get-togethers and the food.:blink:

Moderation is the key. Don't deny your cravings or they'll drive you mad.

(I am talking about food here):naughty:

The baby pics represent MFC being one year old. Hubby came upon a baby pic of mine (and probably relieved my other "Hey Baby" pic is down:naughty: ).

Another lb down...Total weight loss since the start of this thread 3.5. Whoo hoo. I just may make my mini goal by the time I see MIKA. :thumb_yello:

I'm so glad I have y'all for support. :wub2:

That's great!

Good job and good luck with reaching your mini goal in time :naughty:

I have been bad and am currently eating some chocolate but hopefully u guys will tell me I am allowed to after the day I have had! I went ice skating and I fell, twisted my ankle and sprained it and was at hospital for 2 hours to make sure it wasnt anything worse! So, now I have to rest it for the next 24-48 hours and it is still swollen! Please tell me it is ok for me to eat chocolate, even jus to ease the pain in my ankle and that I shouldnt feel guilty about eating it!

people sometimes need chocolate...:boxed:

i don't dare to step on the scale. i just don't dare...

Lol..this is the time I definitely need chocolate! I am still in pain especially when I walk on it and I was going to go for a run tomoz but I cant! :thumbdown: plus I havent eaten any junk food for quite a whilse so this is also my treat I suppose!

let's go for a bit of chocolate then! and i'm happy you haven't damaged yr ankle badly...

but the scale is waiting for us...we simply cannot avoid it...and mine is there for monday morning! :shocked:

TOMORROW!!!! i have only tomorrow....:shocked:

Lol..this is the time I definitely need chocolate! I am still in pain especially when I walk on it and I was going to go for a run tomoz but I cant! :thumbdown: plus I havent eaten any junk food for quite a whilse so this is also my treat I suppose!

chocolate is okay today! so maybe no chocolate tomorrow? (hard, i know...)

let's go for a bit of chocolate then! and i'm happy you haven't damaged yr ankle badly...

but the scale is waiting for us...we simply cannot avoid it...and mine is there for monday morning! :shocked:

Thanks! Hope all is going well on the fitness and healthy eating front, mine was before now!

i guess i will try the scale next week...

chocolate is okay today! so maybe no chocolate tomorrow? (hard, i know...)

That makes me feel better thanks, am jus very down as I cannot do much at the mo! and yeah tomoz no chocolate, back to healthy eating tomoz but for tonight I need some comfort food, I shouldnt give in but needed it badly!

That makes me feel better thanks, am jus very down as I cannot do much at the mo! and yeah tomoz no chocolate, back to healthy eating tomoz but for tonight I need some comfort food, I shouldnt give in but needed it badly!

that's not a bad thing, honey!