From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

I love this thread..

I mean MIKA FAT CLUB... :roftl:

I have been terribly unhappy about myself for a while now. And it is time to once and for all make a change! As we all know, it is SO hard to do it all alone. That is why I am so pleased that we now have this awesome support system! We are all here to help, empower and encourage each other! I know that we can do it! I want 2008 to be a BRIGHT beginning to a new healthier, happier life for all of us!!!!!

Thank you Jemma!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to do that, I recommend Weight Watchers. I did that during a school year and lost a stone.

Yes, my mom always had such great results when doing Weight Watchers. It works even better if you go to the meetings instead of going it alone.

Thee was a lady on TV last week - she lost 9 stone - almost half

her weight - and she did it by eating healthier food, and going for

power walks in the early morning when no-one could see her.

I am not overweight - but have a very flabby tummy, and because

of my health I can't excercise!! Its very disheartening!! :thumbdown:

I love going to the gym.

A while back, i was a size 12 (UK size, which is in no means big, but i didnt feel comfortable myself) so ive been going to the gym for ages. Now im a very happy and healthy 8 - which is right for me and my height.

Its just about doing what's right for you to be honest. Don't push it too far, just be comfortable with who you are.

Hey everyone. Just an idea I have.

Have any of you considered trying Paul Mckenna's books,CD's...?

I have his 'I can make you thin' CD-and to be honest, I think it is utter tosh.In one ear telling he's me to look in the mirror and wish myself thin-and in the other some cheesy music-if it was that simple, I'd be a rake by now!

I have followed the Slimming World diet-but for me, my weight loss slowed down, but I think that's because I didn't do much exercise.

This morning my 'Rebecca Wheatley 'The New Me' workout DVD came, it's simple exercises that I can manage. And also has Slimming World recipes etc on there! So, going to give that a whirl, along with going back to the gym. :)

I have a long way to go-but, I will get there one day! I want to stand next to a cheesy cut out of me one day-this was me at such a such weight, this is me now" TAHDAH! ;) *Yes, Rebecca really does say Tadaaaaa! :roftl: Proper cheese!

I have his 'I can make you thin' CD-and to be honest, I think it is utter tosh.In one ear telling he's me to look in the mirror and wish myself thin-and in the other some cheesy music-if it was that simple, I'd be a rake by now!

It only works if you are really prepared to take it very seriously and focus on it. I guess not everything works for everyone.

But thats cool, because I'm rubbish with gyms and stuff like that! :naughty:

It only works if you are really prepared to take it very seriously and focus on it. I guess not everything works for everyone. But thats cool, because I'm rubbish with gyms and stuff like that! :naughty:
I took it very seriously, that's the trouble. The only good thing about it is, he has a lovely voice!:naughty:

I thoroughly enjoyed going to the gym, but one week some guy from work came in and just laughed-that put me off, I felt like saying "I'm here exercising, it's not like I'm sat here eating a chocolate cake!!":sneaky2: And then my Gym buddy gave it up and I only managed a couple visits on my own before I stopped going.

But my sister has to start going now, so I will go with her. :thumb_yello:

Good luck to everyone heading for gyms in the new year. I did enjoy it when I went but couldn;t do it now. I have to be really careful what I do because of my back.

Skully,how about you put that Paul McKenna CD in the first "MFC library" and people can rent it off you to try out?

Good luck to everyone heading for gyms in the new year. I did enjoy it when I went but couldn;t do it now. I have to be really careful what I do because of my back.

Skully,how about you put that Paul McKenna CD in the first "MFC library" and people can rent it off you to try out?

Mika library...?

Its not a bad idea actually :P

I took it very seriously, that's the trouble. The only good thing about it is, he has a lovely voice!:naughty:

I thoroughly enjoyed going to the gym, but one week some guy from work came in and just laughed-that put me off, I felt like saying "I'm here exercising, it's not like I'm sat here eating a chocolate cake!!":sneaky2: And then my Gym buddy gave it up and I only managed a couple visits on my own before I stopped going.

But my sister has to start going now, so I will go with her. :thumb_yello:

It's awful when people are rude like that. It's great that you are going to go back.:thumb_yello:

I got a gym membership, and went every week...and then I just errr kinda stopped going :naughty:

I've got a piece of advice..don't care about what other people says...I don't and that is why I'm still fine on my mind.. ;) always answer to those who laughs at me that "I've got more body to love"...and then I said something mean about them ]:-> *evil* but thats me...I'm naughty xD

at home I've got great diet! but only for womens...now I don't remember it..but it is about watching your glukose level in your diet...only thing I remember now it's that it is allowed to have ONLY 2 slice of dark bread per day! 7 snack-including 5 vegetable + 2 fruit (eg apple, orange, mandarin) NO bananas, pineapples, potatoes...

This diet I've got from my doctor,I lose 15kg (something about 2stones) in a litte more than 1 month, without exercises -just doing normal things around the house, and I promise to translate it when I come back home ;)

I have it on my mp3 player... I sold the CD on. I can get the audio from my mp3 player though-if anyone wants to 'try before they buy' or whatever-not that I condone that sort of practice mind!

Oh oh oh JemmaLee add me to the list i need to lose about 6 stone and tomorow it begins trips to the gym and no more chocolate :shocked:

Never say no more :no: Once in a while IF YOU'RE HUNGRY it's okay. Absolute interdictions are too dangerous for binging...

Okay 1st Jan Weigh-in whatsit for moi:

102kg

BMI 31.8

Total intake:

Calories = 1241

Fat = 39.3g

Saturated Fats = 8.87g

Sugars = 37.9g

Eaten:

4x Clementines

1x Uncle Ben's micro special fried rice

2x Onion Bhajis

1x Cornflakes

A little bit of salad

2x Packets of crisps (only because i was nibbley and up until then id only eated 850 or so calories which isnt good)

Oh and ive drunk 17.5cl of water

Not entirely healthy, but hugely better than usualy - have yet to do any exercise, tackling the whole binge eating thing first.

Okay 1st Jan Weigh-in whatsit for moi:

102kg

BMI 31.8

Total intake:

Calories = 1241

Fat = 39.3g

Saturated Fats = 8.87g

Sugars = 37.9g

Eaten:

4x Clementines

1x Uncle Ben's micro special fried rice

2x Onion Bhajis

1x Cornflakes

A little bit of salad

2x Packets of crisps (only because i was nibbley and up until then id only eated 850 or so calories which isnt good)

Oh and ive drunk 17.5cl of water

Not entirely healthy, but hugely better than usualy - have yet to do any exercise, tackling the whole binge eating thing first.

Well done - you got your 5-a-day in :thumb_yello:

Hi guys

Im still not 100% so just came by to say hi!

Great start PU:biggrin2:

JEMMA! BE 100% you can do it! We all can do it! Lets face it...we have achieved SO much already on this forum....like amazing friendships..all around the world..and total life transformations for a lot of people. I think this is a fantastic idea...and many thanks to Wendi for pointing me here (you know, she said...'hey Kath, you're fat....there is a thread for you'.)

I have about four stone to lose to be very comfortable but frankly..I will be happy with anything!

I have no excuse not to work out. I have to stop eating chocolate. The most challenging thing for me is time. I haven't got any:blink: . Well...I suppose I do, but it will probably mean that I can't be sitting on my arse in front of this computer as much as I want to then...:thumbdown:

I'm still thinking about it.

Great thread jemma! :thumb_yello: