Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a random question - i remember that there was a french tv show that was made at the beginning of december with mika and then broadcasted on christmas or so ... does anybody have a link? :blink: (sorry - maybe this has been a gigantic thread in the forums which i have obviously not read)

just a random question - i remember that there was a french tv show that was made at the beginning of december with mika and then broadcasted on christmas or so ... does anybody have a link? :blink: (sorry - maybe this has been a gigantic thread in the forums which i have obviously not read)

I don't think it has been broadcast yet, something like Discs d'Or or smth.

I thought we payed for it through the TV licence?:blink:

We do if we are in the UK, but some of the people who are replying aren't in the UK.

We is, :wink2:

I tell people about the TV licensing thing in the UK and they don't believe me. I especially love the ads in the Underground that say "Someone living at 6 Elvaston Place doesn't have a TV license" so that if it's you, you'll get scared and go out and buy one. Or the family on holiday in front of the power station because they can no longer afford that trip to Spain once they paid their fine for watching TV without a license.

For other countries though...someone must be paying the BBC for rights to broadcast...so it would be contributing to the coffers and mitigating the cost of your license. People in other countries will be paying for it through their cable or satellite subscription or by watching adverts.

I tell people about the TV licensing thing in the UK and they don't believe me. I especially love the ads in the Underground that say "Someone living at 6 Elvaston Place doesn't have a TV license" so that if it's you, you'll get scared and go out and buy one. Or the family on holiday in front of the power station because they can no longer afford that trip to Spain once they paid their fine for watching TV without a license.

For other countries though...someone must be paying the BBC for rights to broadcast...so it would be contributing to the coffers and mitigating the cost of your license. People in other countries will be paying for it through their cable or satellite subscription or by watching adverts.

hell, they should PAY me for watching adverts :naughty:

seems that i ride the tube without looking at the right adverts.. i cannot remember the family or the person without tv license :naughty: but i remember that HUGE poster of wentworth miller at victoria, hehe. :das:

That reminds me of that advert that has the 'super DVAL computer' that you can't hide from if you have not payed you're road tax or whatever..The music on these adverts freak me out :roftl:

It's looking like I'll be watching tonight now. Most of my family have gone down with this flu thats going round, and I managed to escape it, but someone has to stay with my auntie, so no partying for me tonight.

hell, they should PAY me for watching adverts :naughty:

seems that i ride the tube without looking at the right adverts.. i cannot remember the family or the person without tv license :naughty: but i remember that HUGE poster of wentworth miller at victoria, hehe. :das:

Wentworth Miller...yum! :das:

The family on holiday was a TV advert and that whole campaign was about 10 years ago. Maybe they've given it up now. They used to send me harassing letters asking me why I didn't have a TV license. Umm...cause I don't have a TV?? :blink:

That reminds me of that advert that has the 'super DVAL computer' that you can't hide from if you have not payed you're road tax or whatever..The music on these adverts freak me out :roftl:

Yeah they really love fearmongering in advertising in the UK I've noticed. Every time you turn on the radio they're telling you to watch out for venereal disease and to slow down so that when you run over children with your car you'll only maim them really badly instead of kill them. :boxed:

It's looking like I'll be watching tonight now. Most of my family have gone down with this flu thats going round, and I managed to escape it, but someone has to stay with my auntie, so no partying for me tonight.

Aww...how's your auntie doing? I'm glad you didn't come down with flu at least.

Wentworth Miller...yum! :das:

The family on holiday was a TV advert and that whole campaign was about 10 years ago. Maybe they've given it up now. They used to send me harassing letters asking me why I didn't have a TV license. Umm...cause I don't have a TV?? :blink:

Hrmmph. You don't think we'll fall for that old chestnut, do you?