Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

I am loving this thread! It never ceases to amaze me how people will go to the far end of a fart in discusing every single aspect of all Mika's performances! I am not being critical...I am finding it very entertaining!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving this thread! It never ceases to amaze me how people will go to the far end of a fart in discusing every single aspect of all Mika's performances! I am not being critical...I am finding it very entertaining!

All class our Kath!!!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I love him. Whatever he said.

But say... the trousers he is wearing are the ones this jacket belongs to, right?

20071101gyi0050919481gtwz2.jpg

Yes, the jacket was over the back of his chair. When I get some time I will youtube the stalkerish bits where we can see him in the audience.

Oh...I did it too!even ''I got life'' was great!but...can I ask you something?isn't that a song from the musical Hair??

Hair? never heard of it. Unless you mean "Hairspray" which i HAVE heard of, but doubt that that's where it's from.

I just thought it was a normal song lol

Hiya Bab..yeah, I did that too when I was transfering it on to a DVD I was trying NOT to be too stalkerish and get ALL the little clips...mostly because hubby was watching what I was doing.....but there are some good little clips aren't there!

He has the jacket on right at the begining of the prog doesn't he.

Bab..I lOVED your descrption of the Kaisers lead singer...poor lad..I am sure he isn't REALLY like a suet pudding...but I know exactly what you mean!

Oh...I did it too!even ''I got life'' was great!but...can I ask you something?isn't that a song from the musical Hair??

Yes it is...not that I am old enough to know you understand!

personally, i think that's where she should stay lol

Yeah me too. I think they just needed time to work it out on stage and now she's taken her proper place.

The first time he sang Holy Johnny he stared at Martin almost the entire time but in later performances he's playing more to the audience. I think he and Martin have a very good chemistry and it doesn't take them long to get it right.

i will if i remember. i have a lot of naivity within me and will ask it as innocently as possible with huge, wide questioning and confused eyes :roftl:

...what? it works everytime!

Okay, I'll leave it to you then. He'll just think I'm being sarky.

...or a pervert. :shocked:

I'd be inclined to blame the fact that the orchestra sort of overpowers Mika, but maybe I'm also picking up on the disconnect between Mika and the people backing him in this performance.

I think the latter is definitely a problem. I think if he trained an orchestra for a tour it would work better.

Yes, the jacket was over the back of his chair. When I get some time I will youtube the stalkerish bits where we can see him in the audience.

Oh thank you! the bbc-link doesnt work for me (dont know why) so i havent seen anything else than the part you youtubed! thanks a lot for that!!! :thumb_yello:

because of this detailed chicken-discussion one of my questions was lost - was the song originally sung by a woman in "hair"? (just because of the text)

:roftl: I'm more than happy to oblige! Can you tell how bored I am today?

Hair? never heard of it. Unless you mean "Hairspray" which i HAVE heard of, but doubt that that's where it's from.

I just thought it was a normal song lol

She means Hair. You might recognize some music from it. Like the Age of Aquarius.

Manchester England is my favourite song. I've got it on my iPod. :biggrin2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m4lvdlP-BhQ

The Nina Simone song is a medley of two different songs in the musical.

While we are so far in the Land of Off Topic, could someone explain the apple thing to me? I have been here since March and I still don't get it. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

The Apple Pose is a pose that Mika, well, poses. With his mouth open. Like as if he's biting an apple. :)

While we are so far in the Land of Off Topic, could someone explain the apple thing to me? I have been here since March and I still don't get it. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

It's the pose with the open mouth.

I like his version:mf_rosetinted: It smells like funk:punk:

Think that may be boobies!!!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Think it's boobies? :naughty:

Ah, yes now, boobies of course. :doh: Thank you. I didn't think too much in images this time (thank God)... interesting. :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

...and Nina Simone's version is just classic. If I had heard that first and then somebody had told me Mika was trying to do it I'd have said 'no way'. But he did it so well, I love it! .... although the ticket/chicken think will probably haunt me for a while now :naughty:

I'm a little hazy on the initial appleman story but I think he was just a guy bringing fruit to feed Mika and everyone backstage.

Someone started a thread about him (like Simon the bus driver, Richard the cameraman, etc.) but I don't think anyone ever saw the appleman again so the conversation just sort of veered off topic and became a place to socialize.

It's frequented by some slightly sarcastic and extremely funny apples who like to punctuate their sentences like this :mf_rosetinted: since they don't always see the world (and Mika and MFC) through rose tinted glasses.