The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

Yeah 3 Heath Ledgers and an inversion table.. probably not a good mix!!

Did you take any photos from last night? What did you wear??!! that would've been good fun!

I didn't .... some ppl did tho' ... I was unable to put my hands on my 50's brunch coat .... so I just wore black pants & a black singlet that says 'HARD TO FORGET' in white writing :naughty: !! Oh & of course the obligatory silver hoop earrings !!:wink2:

And she's back, albiet briefly.....

Still trying to think of what to do with my old laptop once I strip any useable parts with it. It has to give me some enjoyment even though its broken

Perhaps you could stick a piccie of Mika on it & park it in the corner of your room .... like a well loved frame ... :wub2: Oh ... & yes ... it would never have happened with a Mac ... :wink2:

I ran AVG and d/l Firefox today :naughty: I had a Java virus.. can't remember exactly what it was called but it wasn't a big deal.. still gotta run Spybot and HiJack.. Firefox seems a little slower loading sites.. :(

Did you find any cheap lappys today?

I use Firefox all the time ... :thumb_yello:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And yeah, I checked swap meets, decided for not much more I could get a new one that has been sitting on a shelf for awhile, went online and found one at jb for 696 with 150 cashback (so 546 in the end) that has everything I want. (It's another compaq though :naughty:)

I put a deposit on it monday, and pick it up on wednesday when they get new stock in

Oh wow, that's really good :thumb_yello:

LOL @ What's good for you, it just said that guys who's 2nd and 4th fingers are closer to the same length are more attractive to girls, and are more fertile. :naughty:

*wonders about Mika's finger length* :naughty:

Perhaps you could stick a piccie of Mika on it & park it in the corner of your room .... like a well loved frame ... :wub2: Oh ... & yes ... it would never have happened with a Mac ... :wink2:

:

Not going to happen. The laptop and I had a love/hate relationship, and now it died and took everything with it, its all hate. There's no way I'm keeping the useless box in my room. Besides, its too big to be a frame. Its too bulky and takes up too much space. Interesting idea though

My plan was to run it over but dad didn't approve :naughty:

And if I had a spare 1500 I would get a Mac, but sadly, if I want to go away, I don't. Their too expensive for this struggling uni student to fund herself. :wink2:

Firefox is faster on my sisters slow piece of ****, which in theory may have gained itself a new cd/dvd rw (I currently have my laptop in pieces on my lap)

And yeah, I checked swap meets, decided for not much more I could get a new one that has been sitting on a shelf for awhile, went online and found one at jb for 696 with 150 cashback (so 546 in the end) that has everything I want. (It's another compaq though :naughty:)

I put a deposit on it monday, and pick it up on wednesday when they get new stock in

That's a good deal.. and with your savings you can buy the USB key now :naughty:

And Firefox is starting to get faster now.. (or I'm getting used to it)

The Inversion Table is good for people with back problems..

or weird eccentric uncles like mine.. :bleh:

*Also wonders about Mika's fingers*

That's a good deal.. and with your savings you can buy the USB key now :naughty:

And Firefox is starting to get faster now.. (or I'm getting used to it)

*Also wonders about Mika's fingers*

Oh I already brought the usb key :naughty: Got a 2gb for 20 at the swap meet in preemption of having a computer to use it on :naughty:

Only problem is I'll have vista :thumbdown:

And if I had a spare 1500 I would get a Mac, but sadly, if I want to go away, I don't. Their too expensive for this struggling uni student to fund herself. :wink2:

:thumb_yello:Exactly...

But, atm, I still prefer a PC.. I like to right click :naughty:

And :lmfao: at driving over your flatlined lappy..

Not going to happen. The laptop and I had a love/hate relationship, and now it died and took everything with it, its all hate. There's no way I'm keeping the useless box in my room. Besides, its too big to be a frame. Its too bulky and takes up too much space. Interesting idea though

True, true ..... you can buy it on Flexi-buy tho' .... & keep upgrading on that plan ..... I'm hoping to afford to buy one outright at some point ... (curses bloody V-fest. tix) ... I could have bought one w/that money ..... :thumbdown:

Oh I already brought the usb key :naughty: Got a 2gb for 20 at the swap meet in preemption of having a computer to use it on :naughty:

*dramatic hands on head pulling hair out pose*

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I kinda sorta hate Vista.. :naughty:

:roftl: Hahaha ... those of us who saw Mika in Sydney all felt like that !! And we only found out where & when fairly late in the proceedings .... have you seen Mika before ???

nope! I have not seen him yet!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

:thumb_yello:Exactly...

But, atm, I still prefer a PC.. I like to right click :naughty:

And :lmfao: at driving over your flatlined lappy..

I'm a good old fan of right click as well.

And it would have happened, if I had my way.

True, true ..... you can buy it on Flexi-buy tho' .... & keep upgrading on that plan ..... I'm hoping to afford to buy one outright at some point ... (curses bloody V-fest. tix) ... I could have bought one w/that money ..... :thumbdown:

Once again.... struggling uni student. If I want to go away, I can't be afford to be giving some company a certain amount of money each week for a laptop. Actually, I can't afford even if I don't go away, all the plans would significantly dent my already meager monetary supplies. Besides, I'm more a buy outright type of person.

And I'm getting a bargain with this pc at least :wink2:

*dramatic hands on head pulling hair out pose*

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I kinda sorta hate Vista.. :naughty:

So do I....I could downgrade it to Xp, but I then I need to search for and install all the drivers, and thats so so so so so so so much more effort than I'm willing to do (okay, more than I'm willing to ask dad to do at the moment)

So I'm going to give Vista the benefit of the doubt, for once.

*suggests officespace scene again*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6syezOHJ2Q

[/color]

lol lol :naughty:

lol, I have vista, it's not so bad :bleh:

:lmfao:

Mac people always try to convert PC users..

And Vista users always say "it's not too bad"

:roftl::naughty:

I personally believe I have the best setup..

Windows XP on a Pentium 4 :thumb_yello:

And my virus programs etc take care of themselves mostly..

But I do love the Mac vs PC ads :naughty: (The MAC guy is CUTE!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQb_Q8WRL_g

I love the Mac adds and the mac guy. He is cute.

And I miss my xp already, even though I have yet to be subjected to vista. The comp will be getting firefox at least, I don't want to have to use IE again :naughty:

:lmfao: Funny video !!! I'm actually sooooo not techie-geeky enough to bother trying to convert ... you guy's know so much more than me about comps. ...... so ..... *curtsies* .... as you wish m' laydees ..... :wink2:

Lol, that's so true. But I like vista, there was just one xp program that doesn't work (and it was a pirate anyway), and other than that I like it heaps more than xp.

LOL! I have never seen those (foxtel, are they?).

*watches the whole series*

LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EbCyibkNB0 ("hang on, I forgot something")

LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLgBx3W9Ss&NR=1 ("didn't you make this?")

I love that actor also, he's in heaps of great movies :naughty:

That picture is GREAT! :roftl: :roftl:

Well, it's a little less fantastical... but she was already on myspace comment/message conversing terms with him through his SE & the Universe page, and she has ordered all the things from SE&tU, which Scod totally does himself, handwritten envelopes and such. And then just recently she ordered some badges from him, but instead he sent a CD, which she already had, so she messaged him, and he was all "omg, let me fix it" and gave her his email so they could sort it out. Like any good friend, she immediately shared it with me, and then, like any good stalker, she myspace searched it ... and it came up with a private page. It hasn't got anything on it .. 'cept his real age

Oooooh...

She's a very good friend...

How old is he really?

So I spent the night, reading old MSN history and getting hyped up on grape juice and lemonade (I know that's not at all as exciting as drinking myself to the extreme of unconsciousness, but I am only 13, 14 in 28 days, therefore not allowed to drink... much)

Hehe... reading my MSN history is... ahem... interesting...

How did everyone spend Australia Day?

I ate free food (but stayed clear of the free beer), listened to Silverchair and Powderfinger blasted on the stereo and avoided the bogans.

Oh and I finally got around to watching "10 Things I Hate About You" and "Two Hands". Awww!

I walked around in a kilt for a few hours then in the arvo I went swimming...

All the sheilas are a sleeping

One sheila would have liked to have been sleeping at that stage... but had to get up to work...

Ohh they are mmmm 8 hours ahead of uk time sooo I guess its 5 ish in the morning

Fancy a kangeroo burger?

11 hours Freddie...

And no thanks... I hate roo meat... the smell esp...

And you need to like rare meat to be able to eat it... if its not rare it's like eating leather... so a customer told me...

Kangaroo burger? Er...

*sincerely hopes this isn't compulsory for the Aussie thread*

I hope so too... otherwise I'm leaving...

Would any country adopt me???

*finds post*

DROP BEARS!!!

Don't yell it out!!!

I bet you've never said THAT before!

:naughty:

He'd most likely be saying the opposite Aaurora...

Oh the music was handled months ago. I synced dads and my music libraries, linked my comps windows media library to his computer and deleted all my songs. So the only stuff lost is the Mika demos (I typed that without realising what I was typing, now I'm sad.)

Did you want me to send them to you???

Oh yeah, I forgot to say - I looooveeeee Red Dwarf, we have the whole smegging-series on DVD

Oooooh... cool!

I am hoping you are all having a Miktastic day... I just had my mum intorgate me for like two hours about what I liked about Mika, Not fun at all! Very embrassing as well.........

Hmmmm....

So I'm guessing she's never been obsessed about any band or singer ever...

Try being 27 and explaining to your mum why you have a Mika concert poster (framed) on your loungeroom wall. My explanation was that it added distinct colour to the room, not sure if she bought that though.

I have a wall of shame in my room... (thanks mum!)

Hi Guys!

I am back from an awesome holiday, on one hand I didn't want it to en, on the other I am really enjoying being back in my own house and being able to relax a bit!

How is everyone, and has anything exciting been going on?

Ummmm.. correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to relax on holidays???

For my friends I email out a weekend update (my life seems to be remarkably eventful). Here is my update from 2 weekends ago... you guys would at least appreciate the 'Over My Shoulder' part of the story... enjoy.

Saturday. 38 degrees. Went to friend’s birthday party at her house in Abbotsford. No air con. No fan. Decided it was a fabulous idea to re-visit 1992 and purchase a six-pack of West Coast Coolers from Vietnamese dodgy bottleshop (six-pack possibly in bottleshop since 1992). Consumed many Westies and also 4 smirnoffs and at least a bottle of wine from 7pm-11pm. Was trolleyed. Midnight: walked to tram stop. Admired orange knit dress in the Vinnies window whilst waiting for tram. Got off tram at Spencer St & walked rest of way home. Sang “Over My Shoulder” at the top of my voice whilst walking (lyrics changed to hot... drunk....late...tired) and stopped at docklands park for a go on the swings. Wobbled the rest of the way home, and it is very possible that I took my dress off after getting off the lift at home, before getting to my front door.

So, seeing as how I've told the world about taking my dress off in my apartment building, I may as well give you part 2 to the story... the Sunday (a few hours after arriving home from part 1)

Sunday. 24 degrees. 8am. Sarah & I drove to Portsea for a day at the beach. Stopped at Starbucks for coffee in Port Melbourne before the journey began. Walked to Bakers Delights from Starbucks for a chocolate croissant. Walked back to Starbucks for a second coffee. Drove to Portsea. Croissant and coffee made me feel sick (by-product of hangover from Westies and the fact that I don't like Starbucks coffee). Arrived at beach. Windy and cold, yet I still swam and managed to get sun burnt. At beach car park realised I had a grain of sand stuck on my eye ball. Tried removing with finger. Tried pouring water in eye, much to the entertainment of me and others (including a Tarago full of Japanese tourists) passing by. Sand still in eye. Sat in the front of Sarah’s car (convertible with the roof down) and Sarah tried to remove sand. Sand still in eye. Had no tissues. Considered visiting emergency room. Decided was not an emergency. MacGyver instincts kicked in and decided in lieu of tissues, to use tampon to remove sand from eye. Didn’t work, so Sarah tried using the tampon to remove sand from my eye. Guy driving past thought we were pashing and nearly crashed his car cause he was gorking. Sand eventually safely removed from eye (with finger – note: tampons do not work in removing sand from eyes), and am so far not noticing any permanent damage to my vision. Made it home without further incident, listening to Mika all the way.

That is hilarious!!!

I'm so going out with you if I go to Melbourne to visit!!!

West coast coolers remind me of underage people's drinks... like passion pop...

West Coast Coolers are the devil. So i most alcohol. I have a habit of swearing off alcohol, lasting only until the next instance alcohol is offered to me, or a party comes up

Or you go over to England and have to show FD how Aussies drink... :fisch:

just saying hello to my Australian friends:)

getting hyper! argh!!!!!!!

how is everyone today?????????

Geezz... thanks for reminding us that we get no Mika...

Heya Everyone!!! How are we all?

I had a good Aussie day.. I went down to watch the fireworks with some friends and family.. they weren't too bad this year.. got bitten by mozzies.. Grrrr.. Had some Heath Ledgers... Toasted him..

We were up at my uncles house because he is a 5 minute walk from where the fireworks were held.. He has one of these inversion tables:

060105144851s.jpg

I tried it out!!

That's what I was going to get!!!

Heath Ledgers!!!

Oh wow, that's really good

LOL @ What's good for you, it just said that guys who's 2nd and 4th fingers are closer to the same length are more attractive to girls, and are more fertile.

*wonders about Mika's finger length*

*looks at own fingers and wonders if she's more attractive to girls too*

:lmfao: Funny video !!! I'm actually sooooo not techie-geeky enough to bother trying to convert ... you guy's know so much more than me about comps. ...... so ..... *curtsies* .... as you wish m' laydees ..... :wink2:

HK your computer suits you.. It just wouldn't suit me.. what i've got works perfectly for me.. that's all I mean.. When vista came out I had friends trying to convince me to upgrade and I kept saying No.. TG, cos Vista has all kinds of headaches... :naughty:

I love the Mac adds and the mac guy. He is cute.

And I miss my xp already, even though I have yet to be subjected to vista. The comp will be getting firefox at least, I don't want to have to use IE again :naughty:

Nice!!! The Apple Mac guy!!!

Or... Mr Drew Barrymore! :naughty:

*looks at own fingers and wonders if she's more attractive to girls too*

You have the most attractive hands.. *gropes them* :naughty:

You should get an Inversion Table!! It was fun,, But I was a bit drunk :bleh: