The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I don't really know anything about space (with the exception of one term spent learning about it in year nine science).

This is the way that I've interpreted what I've been reading about Cruithne tonight. It is a lump of rock that, along with other lumps of rock, moves around the sun. BUT it's orbit is unusually relative to the Earth so that it seemingly is one of it's moons at certain times. But it is not technically a satellite of the Earth.

Lump of rock - orbits sun - kind of looks like it is Earth's moon sometimes - okay, got it!

Perving on me or Teegs? Because I, for one, don't mind any form of perving at all.:naughty:

That would be you :bleh:

:roftl::punk:

The fact that I twice just tried to log in as "Raisin Sky" disturbs me even further.

*edges away slowly from self*

:naughty:

I hate you. You start a Part 7 then post 300 posts in 2 days. My eyes are twitching from staring at my screen for so long while catching up.

Has anyone else played guitar heroes for long enough that their room/surroundings start to scroll?

I am very proud of my little monkeys- managed to get both of them to go down the waterslide with me, so now they are officially prepped for the theme parks on the coast :thumb_yello:

LOL - aren't the theme parks/slides meant to be for them :bleh:

It's like that most of the time, except national holidays. The mall closes down in it's entirety for two hours each morning, 3 to 5, and then they re-open for the morning crowd. It's a madhouse.

That is ... insane. Our shops are open 9ish-5ish. Late night they are open till 9, lol.

Wow- shops in Perth aren't allowed to even open on a Sunday, unless they are in the CBD. It's so dumb that places like Ikea can't even trade then, and the only time the shops are open late is on thurs till 9pm.

Are you refering to normally? Because Rockingham and Mandurah are open every Sunday during school holidays + a couple of weeks before/after the start and end. I thought all the shops were like that?

So. What's my news? Well, I was on the phone with JB Hi-Fi today asking about Relax/Lollipop, cos whilst I was reasonably sure it was not actually being released in Australia as a disc, it never hurts to ask. And the girl came back and said that she didn't know anything about that, but according to their computer, Mika is releasing Big Girl in Aus on Feb 2nd!! I didn't think we were even going to get it here! And I tried to rush on here and tell you and the bl**dy forum was being stupid!!!

oooh... Cool for everyone else who DIDN'T order it online..

Think it may have been Mon or Tues?? I was doing the same thing, googling for the relax release date and it came up instead! Think the site that I saw said the 4th, so some may be avail on the Sat, others the Mon.

And the video clip for BG from OUR concert was on Video Hits last Sunday (and thanks to armande and me being a million years behind everyone else I got to see it!)

Ooooh.. BG from our concert! Yay!

We will (hopefully) get it as the next release, unless the new album is ready and we jump straight into that.

So, prob mid year based on his other release dates.

Typical..

erm ...... I think HK might be the only one that doesn't get it ..... ................................... I'm sure it's really funny 'tho ...

The edit reason..

Ah! And I thought I had a scoop!

What do you mean about Video Hits showing Big Girl? Do you mean live footage from the Sydney concert? I've watched Video Hits once in 12 odd years. (And that was in November, looking to see if Mika came on). Is it a different show on Saturday to Sunday? I'll go look it up.

Does anyone think we will ever get Relax/Lollipop here? The time for releasing stuff from LICM still, seems to be rapidly dwindling

Edit: Didn't see Jolene's above post about Relax.

I actually put practically all the footage from the concert on a disc... would you like it?

Looks like we are getting the same track listing as everyone else:

BIG GIRL (YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL)

MIKA

Music: POP: Pop

CD Single

Release Date: Mon 4 Feb 2008

E-mail this product information to a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add to Shopping Cart

Add to Wishlist Price: AUD$4.61

To Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Prices displayed are in Australian Dollars and, where applicable, GST inclusive

Description:

'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' is Mika's fourth single to be lifted from his hugely successful debut album 'Life In Cartoon Motion'. 'Big Girl' is an anthemic and celebratory war cry to applaud size diversity as well as a cutting critique of the new Size Zero culture. This four track single features an exclusive b-side, a live track and remix!

Track Listing: 1. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (Album Version)

2. Instant Martyr

3. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Live From Hong Kong)

4. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (Tom Middleton Remix)

Availability:

Oh FCUK!!!!

Well that was a waste of buying it on Amazon...

read my reason for editing on my HEY shoutout post... and then read this one's.. :biggrin2:

We did!! it was soo funny!! :naughty:

*giggles*

Love Xena!

No, I just checked again too, and it hasn't been updated :thumbdown:

don't reallt feel like sitting through 3 and half hours of video hits.....

I hope so too! I get really annoyed cause, although GK didn't go to no 1 here the Aus market have been more supportive of his songs chart wise than other countries (inc UK!) yet here we sit, still with no concert.... (check it out on wikipedia!)

The site some random, maybe vidsofoz.com.au or something like that? and yeah, you are right about the size zero thing, I think they just like to say that cause it sounds cool

Found where it said that he was still doing V Festival on one of the links on his Wiki page... :sneaky2:

That he is. Have you seen P.S. I Love You? I bawled my eyes out. *sniffles*

Awwww :wub2: I love my Horny.

*ignores the whole gay thing* :naughty:

No, but strangely enough I want to... Nathan's gf has the book so hopefully she gave it to Nathan to bring back here... I wanna read it... and now I wanna read A Walk to Remember... didn't see the movie though...

Thought that was Jolene for a sec. :naughty:

*giggles*

I have never seen this, it is I Want You Back from Sydney

I think I have that vid...

Correction... I DO have that vid...

I knew I had it even though I didn't check the link... no why didn't I put it on the DVD???

Are you refering to normally? Because Rockingham and Mandurah are open every Sunday during school holidays + a couple of weeks before/after the start and end. I thought all the shops were like that?

You freaked me out for a sec- I thought it was Tegan posting (must have been the MQ's :naughty: ) and thought "how would she have known that??!!"

I am in Morley so although I am a dedicated shopper I cannot really justify going to Rockingham on a Sunday just to shop...... Mandurah I could get away with even though it is further away cause my MIL lives down there, could use the visit as an excuse...........hmmmmmmmmmmm........... *goes back to ebay for the time being!*

Hi Teegs!

You freaked me out for a sec- I thought it was Tegan posting (must have been the MQ's :naughty: ) and thought "how would she have known that??!!"

I am in Morley so although I am a dedicated shopper I cannot really justify going to Rockingham on a Sunday just to shop...... Mandurah I could get away with even though it is further away cause my MIL lives down there, could use the visit as an excuse...........hmmmmmmmmmmm........... *goes back to ebay for the time being!*

Hi Teegs!

Because OKD is my alter ego!!!

Either that or I'm psychic!!!

How are you?

Because OKD is my alter ego!!!

Either that or I'm psychic!!!

How are you?

I think I'm the only mod who can change their user title... so far the others don't have the panel where you change the user title..

Lucky me!!!

*protects user title panel*

I think I'm the only mod who can change their user title... so far the others don't have the panel where you change the user title..

Lucky me!!!

*protects user title panel*

:naughty: :naughty:

I am good- am babysitting my firends kids. Okay that should read: I came over here at 7pm, put them to bed at 730 and have sat on the couch doing work, mfc, youtube whilst watching Nutty Professor & Gladiator since then!

What have you been up to?

I am good- am babysitting my firends kids. Okay that should read: I came over here at 7pm, put them to bed at 730 and have sat on the couch doing work, mfc, youtube whilst watching Nutty Professor & Gladiator since then!

I did a split shift today... so not only am I tired... but really stupid...

Ummmm... what else...

I'm prob going to have to clean out cupboards tomorrow...

I did a split shift today... so not only am I tired... but really stupid...

Ummmm... what else...

I'm prob going to have to clean out cupboards tomorrow...

Oh cleaning out cupboards, not fun.

I should put away clothes and hang out some as well tomorrow, but I also have to hopefully fix the laptop and work. Fun fun fun

I should put away clothes and hang out some as well tomorrow, but I also have to hopefully fix the laptop and work. Fun fun fun

My floor is covered with text books.. I went and found my psych textbooks from uni..

So other shops aren't open on Sundays? Weird. I live between Rockingham and Mandurah ... almost exactly (Secret Harbour, btw), so their the only shops I go to really. It's kind of annoying though, all my friends work at the shops (whilst I am job-less) so it takes away my "one day a week none of my friends are working, so we can do things together" day. Oh well, the trusty internet will be my friend :thumb_yello:

*Also watched/is watching Nutty Professor and Gladiator*

Am I weird? I love cleaning out cupboards, wardrobes, bookshelves, drawers; anything. Take it all out and then put it back again neatly organised. I have no idea why, I just love doing it. And I need to do it regularly anyway, because they always go back to a mess within a week or so. :bleh:

So other shops aren't open on Sundays? Weird. I live between Rockingham and Mandurah ... almost exactly (Secret Harbour, btw), so their the only shops I go to really. It's kind of annoying though, all my friends work at the shops (whilst I am job-less) so it takes away my "one day a week none of my friends are working, so we can do things together" day. Oh well, the trusty internet will be my friend :thumb_yello:

*Also watched/is watching Nutty Professor and Gladiator*

Am I weird? I love cleaning out cupboards, wardrobes, bookshelves, drawers; anything. Take it all out and then put it back again neatly organised. I have no idea why, I just love doing it. And I need to do it regularly anyway, because they always go back to a mess within a week or so. :bleh:

Not at all... I think there's something theraputic about it...

My floor is covered with text books.. I went and found my psych textbooks from uni..

See, I organised my bookshelves last week, I'm particularly proud of my school stuff organisation. I made a "first year" shelf, and the subjects are separated by files of random notes, then it goes textbooks, notebooks, repeat.

It must have taken a few hours, and I will never look at the stuff in there again, but boy was it worth it. I get a feeling of great satisfaction everytime I glance at it.

See, I organised my bookshelves last week, I'm particularly proud of my school stuff organisation. I made a "first year" shelf, and the subjects are separated by files of random notes, then it goes textbooks, notebooks, repeat.

It must have taken a few hours, and I will never look at the stuff in there again, but boy was it worth it. I get a feeling of great satisfaction everytime I glance at it.

I finished uni in 2006.. and all my stuff was in boxes in the shed... and I have my school yearbooks too... I have waaaaaaayyy too much crap...

Not at all... I think there's something theraputic about it...

Exactly.

(Phewph, not insane.)

I went for a snack and ... my freezer is full of drumsticks. So I said "[brother], why is the freezer full of drumsticks?" and he replied with excitement, "I got 38 for $25, less than a dollar each!"

... 38? ... why?

I finished uni in 2006.. and all my stuff was in boxes in the shed... and I have my school yearbooks too... I have waaaaaaayyy too much crap...

My High School stuff is in boxes also ... but I saw Officeworks has cheap files at the moment, think I might go and buy some. I totally have half a shelf left over that could become my "High school stuff half-shelf". :original:

Why were you looking at your psych books?

Right, am off onw, chat later!!!

Toodles :original:

Exactly.

(Phewph, not insane.)

I went for a snack and ... my freezer is full of drumsticks. So I said "[brother], why is the freezer full of drumsticks?" and he replied with excitement, "I got 38 for $25, less than a dollar each!"

... 38? ... why?

I want a drumstick now...

My High School stuff is in boxes also ... but I saw Officeworks has cheap files at the moment, think I might go and buy some. I totally have half a shelf left over that could become my "High school stuff half-shelf". :original:

Why were you looking at your psych books?

Toodles :original:

I fished them out when there was all that talk in the politics thread... they really were talking about morals and ethics rather than politics so I was considering starting a morals thread with a little scenario in my psych book... And I pulled out my Sociology book and Gifted book... and a Religion book and my Bible and Catechism... just in case I feel religious... :naughty:

I want a drumstick now...

I fished them out when there was all that talk in the politics thread... they really were talking about morals and ethics rather than politics so I was considering starting a morals thread with a little scenario in my psych book... And I pulled out my Sociology book and Gifted book... and a Religion book and my Bible and Catechism... just in case I feel religious... :naughty:

Lol, their on sale, somewhere, apparently.

All that for a thread? :bleh:

Everyone keeps talking about this 'politics thread' - might have to peek in.

Alrighty.. I think I might hit the hay...

Night to everyone who is still up...

Nighty night. I shall probably also, this movie is rather boring.

I have never seen this, it is I Want You Back from Sydney

LOVELY!!! Thank you.

That would be you :bleh:

Has anyone else played guitar heroes for long enough that their room/surroundings start to scroll?

That is ... insane. Our shops are open 9ish-5ish. Late night they are open till 9, lol.

Ah ok. I didn't notice, but then, I haven't been on there in quite a long time, except yesterday, when MFC was down and we were huddled on Mikasounds, praying for the nightmare to end.

YES, I have, and I thought I was the only one who saw the scrolling. Thought I was going mad.

And lastly, insane is quite an apt word for it. You should see it the day after christmas.

ME TOO!!! It's an addiction I have. Thank goodness I have such a loving, thoughtful roommate who messes everything up so I can continue to do it on a regular basis.

... 38? ... why?

Your brother sounds quite a bit like my brother. He once bought 10 cases of pomegranate juice for $15. The fact that nobody in the house likes pom juice but him was considered irrelevant.

All that for a thread? :bleh:

Everyone keeps talking about this 'politics thread' - might have to peek in.

I feel like all I've done is quote you, OkD.:naughty:

Checking out the politics thread is only recommended if you have the patience. There was a lot of surprising views expressed; not all of which I agree with.

I'm the same, but I rarely do it. Every 6 months or so, I'll just decide to clean my desk, my room and clean out my drawers, ditching some clothes I don't wear to my sister. Its always great fun.

... 38? ... why?

Wow..... sounds like something my brother would do

And morning everyone, I am so over this nmo laptop thing, and having to borrow other comps.

If all goes well, I should have mine back today