NME AWARDS 28th FEB.....SAME DATE AS BRIXTON!!!

daisylou

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be okay, as the NME gig start after the awards and the start time on that is 730, so the awards must be in the afternoon/ early evening (can he go straight from there to the gig? Sorry, don't know London and how long it would take to get from one place to another!)

But does the nomination necessarily mean he m u s t attend?

Well actually when artists have a concert on the same time as an award ceremony, they don't go to the awards. Wasn't it Rihanna at the EMA who talked from the other end of the planet where she was giving a concert when she received her award?

I did think that too but he is the "man of the moment" so who knows anymore!!

xx[/size]

Well actually when artists have a concert on the same time as an award ceremony' date=' they don't go to the awards. Wasn't it Rihanna at the EMA who talked from the other end of the planet where she was giving a concert when she received her award?[/quote']

uhhhhhhhhhhhh......

I only hope they wont mess with those dates-since the 25-26th are rescheduled ones already...

Well actually when artists have a concert on the same time as an award ceremony' date=' they don't go to the awards. Wasn't it Rihanna at the EMA who talked from the other end of the planet where she was giving a concert when she received her award?[/quote']

I don't see him listed anywhere...

And I remember him receiving an award on his tourbus

yes, it'd be very odd of NME to nominate mika.. I checked their site now, in the hope of finding the nominations, and stumbled upon their so called sexiest male artists.. :eek: I could save only 3 out of 20, being VERY generous.. :naughty:

I don't think they'd nominate mika for anything.. and I hope I'm not wrong. we need him at the gig. :mf_rosetinted: and possibly after the gig also :das:

I wouldn't have thought he'd be nominated as the NME is very much an indie paper.

But if he was, it would be the usual, " unfortunately, they can't be with us due to...." intro and the award is taken by a representative, or there is a pre recorded acceptance speech, much like his now legendary campervan speech at the Vodaphone awards.LOL!

I wouldn't have thought he'd be nominated as the NME is very much an indie paper.

But if he was, it would be the usual, " unfortunately, they can't be with us due to...." intro and the award is taken by a representative, or there is a pre recorded acceptance speech, much like his now legendary campervan speech at the Vodaphone awards.LOL!

Yea that happens. I don't think he is nominated...but he should be at least for album art...:mf_rosetinted:..wait a min..is there even a album art prize?:blink: That website confuses me!

Didn't I read that the NME don't like Mika, they think he is too mainstream or smtg?

I agree, there is no way on God's Earth that Mika will even be nominated for an NME Award, or even considered fro nomination, unless they have a Biggest Ar*****e of 2007 award this year.

The NME sums up everything I hate about music snobbery in this country at the moment.

They indeed do not feature Mika at all as he is considered too mainstream and anyway you can just imagine what NME journalists think of him, can't you.

So please everyone don't get too worked up about this. He isn't going to be nominated, it will not affect his Brixton gig at all and I know where I'd rather be on Feb 28th.

Didn't I read that the NME don't like Mika, they think he is too mainstream or smtg?

Yes. I´m really sure he won´t be nominated, basically because they HATE him (as they did with The Darkness) and other bands.

There´s nothing to worry about.

Yea that happens. I don't think he is nominated...but he should be at least for album art..wait a min..is there even a album art prize? That website confuses me!

there is. the actually voted cover arts are not even to compare with mika's.. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know anything about NME, but he could always do a pre-taped message.

BTW avoca- Did I rejuvinate the Ringmaster in you?

I'm the ringmaster's heir.:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: seriously, I have had a thing for that outfit for ages, and he never wore it again. sadly. :boxed: so i thought to ressurrect it by wearing one myself (self made) at the dec. london gigs. it made quite a good impression.. :mf_rosetinted: I'm gonna wear it again in feb.

I agree, there is no way on God's Earth that Mika will even be nominated for an NME Award, or even considered fro nomination, unless they have a Biggest Ar*****e of 2007 award this year.

The NME sums up everything I hate about music snobbery in this country at the moment.

They indeed do not feature Mika at all as he is considered too mainstream and anyway you can just imagine what NME journalists think of him, can't you.

So please everyone don't get too worked up about this. He isn't going to be nominated, it will not affect his Brixton gig at all and I know where I'd rather be on Feb 28th.

that's odd. he's too mainstream for the indies and not enough mainstream for the mainstream... :blink: I guess we are just stuck in the middle, as usual.. :fisch: