UPDATE: Prices

€7 per ticket:thumb_yello:

http://www.agenda.be/nl/Event/169257/it-s-not-only-rock-n-roll-baby.rvb

!not open on a monday!

--------------------------

UPDATE: dates:

17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

--------------------------

Different sources, nothing on the official museum site yet though, or maybe I'm not looking properly. This is the site of the museum

Rock Werchter is a Belgian rock festival by the way

Van wei naar museum

BRUSSEL - Rock Werchter en Bozar werken volgende zomer samen. Ze inviteren popmuzikanten die ook actief zijn als beeldend kunstenaar. 'Het zal vooroordelen helpen wegwerken', zegt Herman Schueremans.

De zomertentoonstelling bij Bozar heet It's not only rock-'n-roll en vaart onder de vlag '33 jaar Rock Werchter'. Brussel krijgt grote namen uit de rockscene over de vloer.

Van Patti Smith, Brian Eno of Yoko Ono was het dubbeltalent al in de jaren zeventig bekend. Maar ook voor de jongere generatie popmuzikanten dient kunst wel eens als springplank. Antony is een veelgevraagd performer. Pete Doherty stelde vorig jaar zijn bloedtekeningen tentoon.

De Franse curator Jerôme Sans, zelf lid van een rockband, tekent het parcours uit in het Paleis voor Schone Kunsten. Elk van de twintig deelnemers krijgt een eigen ruimte. Zijn verder van de partij: David Bowie, Ron Wood, Mika, Graham Coxon van Blur en Björk.

Het initiatief ging uit van Rock Werchter, maar de samenwerking met Bozar is nog niet helemaal rond. Dat hoeft niet te verbazen, want het festivalcircuit speelt veel korter op de bal.

Herman Schueremans: 'Dit project ligt in het verlengde van AmuseeVous, de actie waarmee we drie jaar na elkaar de festivalbezoekers ook naar de musea kregen. We gaan dit keer een stap verder. De tentoonstelling moet alle vooroordelen en blinddoeken helpen afgooien, en jongeren ook een culturele burcht als Bozar binnenloodsen.'

Bij de expositie horen performances en unplugged concerten. Schueremans: 'Het zou jammer zijn om de zaal van Bozar in de zomer onbenut te laten. En popartiesten werken in de festivalperiode toch alleen in de weekends.'

De tentoonstelling wil niet zomaar teren op de naamsbekendheid van de artiesten.

Johan Van Steenkiste, directeur tentoonstellingen bij Bozar: 'We gaan niet de gitaar van Ron Wood of andere memorabilia exposeren. Voor veel popmuzikanten was kunst de eerste uitlaatklep. Ze hebben geen muzikale, maar een artistieke opleiding gehad. Bij hen is de affiniteit tussen de twee disciplines frappant. De spirit van de rockcultuur sluipt binnen in hun beeldend werk.'

----------------------------------

Translation

BRUSSEL - Rock Werchter and Bozar are working together next summer. They're inviting pop musicians who are also active as artists.

The summer expo in Bozar is called: It's not only rock-'n-roll and has been created for the 33 years existence of rock werchter. ........

Each of the 20 participants get an own room(!!!!). Other artists include David Bowie, Ron Wood, Mika, Graham Coxon van Blur en Björk.

The initiative comes from rock werchter but the collaboration with bozar isn't finished yet......

The expo also needs performances and unplugged concerts.

Schueremans: 'It would be a shame to not use the venue of Bozar in summer. Pop artists only work in weekends anyway during the festival period.'

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/detail.aspx?artikelId=KL1LV7SE

other sites with same info:

http://www.maks.be/nieuws.php?id=7553

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/cm/vrtnieuws.net/cultuurmedia/muziek/1.224391

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, looks like I'll have to take a trip to Brussels in the summer to check out what he does. I loved the exhibition in the Blink gallery, be interesting to see what he'll do there.

:woot_jump:

I'm so happy Mika is coming back to Belgium this year!!! I will definitely be there! I can't wait ... :wub2:

Thanks for posting. I don't read newspapers, they are to depressing, so I didn't know yet.

:woot_jump:

I'm so happy Mika is coming back to Belgium this year!!! I will definitely be there! I can't wait ... :wub2:

Thanks for posting. I don't read newspapers, they are to depressing, so I didn't know yet.

Well it doesn't really say Mika himself is coming to Belgium too... But if we're lucky he'll come to the opening and/or do a little performance :naughty:

Well it doesn't really say Mika himself is coming to Belgium too... But if we're lucky he'll come to the opening and/or do a little performance :naughty:

:doh: I must start reading the whole thread before I become too excited :sad:

I still hope he will come, but I'll go take a look at the art anyway. Werchter is just a 15 minute drive for where I live...

oh, tell ya what.. I read about performance on a second read only.. :blink:

so I was going to come anyway, to see his art! i just LOVE it, like I posted it the exhibition thread this summer.

and knowing my luck, even if I'd come to see him perform, I'd probably miss him, so.. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

:doh: I must start reading the whole thread before I become too excited :sad:

I still hope he will come, but I'll go take a look at the art anyway. Werchter is just a 15 minute drive for where I live...

Well there is of course a chance that he himself will be there too. It's not every day that his art gets exposed, it's usually his music that gets the attention. He might see it as a special ocassion and show up :wink2:

Well there is of course a chance that he himself will be there too. It's not every day that his art gets exposed, it's usually his music that gets the attention. He might see it as a special ocassion and show up :wink2:

If we tell him we'll be there, he'll come. :mf_rosetinted: