The Oldlings Thread (Part 8)!!!

dcdeb

thanks...cross fingers! i want my son back!

so how's the weather there? is tia with you?

The weather is ok, but unfortunately Tia couldn't come. Her dog is really ill.

She said that she had to take it to the vets before coming here, but then I had a text saying that the dog in on a drip,so she cant travel far in case the dog gets worse.

I texted back and got no repy, so I tried ringing and her phone is off. I don't have a landline number for her, so I don't know what's happening.:boxed:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aren't you afraid she might hate you too much? :shocked:

i still can make my son do what i want...but he's so lazy! and always unwilling to do anything we propose!

and more: i know we italian moms have a very bad reputation abroad..is it true? that we grow up mommy's boys?

Yes.....but I don't think it is a problem...I think it is nice when boys have a close relationship with their mum

PS - evening all!!

Sara - when I go off the phone from you Adrain just looked at me and said

"you should have heard yourselves!!"

"OOh I will bring my new badges!""

Then he just laughed - Men!

how lucky! he 'laughed'!!!!

mine would bury me underground instead.....:sneaky2:

She said that she had to take it to the vets before coming here, but then I had a text saying that the dog in on a drip,so she cant travel far in case the dog gets worse.

I texted back and got no repy, so I tried ringing and her phone is off. I don't have a landline number for her, so I don't know what's happening.:boxed:

OH...thats a shame. I hope her dog is ok

i still can make my son do what i want...but he's so lazy! and always unwilling to do anything we propose!

and more: i know we italian moms have a very bad reputation abroad..is it true? that we grow up mommy's boys?

God No - she needs a firm hand - she is a good kid really - but am not going to let her turn into a sulky cow bag!!and if she has too much homework that she cant take her dog for a wlk then she has toomuch that she cant go swimminbg.

She only occasionially pushes it so far that I stop her from going to something - but have stopped friends coming over or not given her all her pocket money!

PS - evening all!!

Sara - when I go off the phone from you Adrain just looked at me and said

"you should have heard yourselves!!"

"OOh I will bring my new badges!""

Then he just laughed - Men!

Ha ha!! That's why I called you from upstairs....

Indeed Kath - and now EWvie and I are on the blob at the same time!!!!

Poor Adrian & Theo:boxed:

Evening Kath!!

I hope Tia's dog is ok...

It is certainly true that Italian mums are famed here for spoiling their little boys!

Their was an article on our paper a few weeks ago by a journalist who had dated an Italian man. She said that he was gorgeous, smelt wonderful, was immaculately dressed, but was still attached to his mother's apron strings at nearly 30!:naughty:

Sorry!

Hi everyone.

It's been a dry day so I've not felt like some nocturnal creature but the rain's back heavy again now.

I love the Sydney outtakes but have you watched the Live Lounge that bab put on YouTube tonight? It is really funny (the cardy is especially funny) and there is a new fact.

oh no!

poor dog and what a pity for yr meeting! :shocked:

God No - she needs a firm hand - she is a good kid really - but am not going to let her turn into a sulky cow bag!!and if she has too much homework that she cant take her dog for a wlk then she has toomuch that she cant go swimminbg.

She only occasionially pushes it so far that I stop her from going to something - but have stopped friends coming over or not given her all her pocket money!

Yes, it is all about give and take isn't it and if you can maintain a civil relationship it helps. But I agree..they need a 'firm' hand..or at least to know where the boundaries are. I have to admit that I had to impose very few santions indeed..I either had perfect children or else I was just a perfect parent!!!!!

how lucky! he 'laughed'!!!!

mine would bury me underground instead.....:sneaky2:

Yes but laughed in a sarcastic oh my god you sad sad cow way!!

Hope Tias dog is ok too

and yes - mum and sons relationship is completely diff - I get much more uoset if Theo disobeys me! (he doesny v often - yet - when he does Robi I will be calling you!!)

It is certainly true that Italian mums are famed here for spoiling their little boys!

Their was an article on our paper a few weeks ago by a journalist who had dated an Italian man. She said that he was gorgeous, smelt wonderful, was immaculately dressed, but was still attached to his mother's apron strings at nearly 30!:naughty:

Sorry!

yes

i know the Times sometimes comes out with articles like that....:sneaky2:

partly it's true....:naughty:

hallo kath!

yes, hormones....the issue is: how can i help him?

i'd like him to enjoy his age, cause he seems not.....not looking for friends to go out either! :shocked:

yes

i know the Times sometimes comes out with articles like that....:sneaky2:

partly it's true....:naughty:

hallo kath!

yes, hormones....the issue is: how can i help him?

i'd like him to enjoy his age, cause he seems not.....not looking for friends to go out either! :shocked:

Perhaps he is just changing Robi and not feeling very social at the momnet...developing other interests? Are you sure there are no underlaying reasons (falling out with friends?)

Hi Ruth & Amp - byeeee MM ..

Kath - I am a perfect parent - unfort Evie is just a carbon copy of me!!

although saying that she is sitting here with ne doing her homework - theo watching TV and Adrian photgraphing things to put on EBAY!!

Dogs on sofas! hmm something wrong there!

although saying that she is sitting here with ne doing her homework - theo watching TV and Adrian photgraphing things to put on EBAY!!

my she cat is the official owner of my armchair! :naughty:

I think the problem is that their hormones are just so unstable - one minute they are fine and your all chugging along peacefully and the next - bam you have been screamed at for giving the same breakfast that they liked at ate the day before!!

and then I obviously have to retaliate - I should just say =- ok dear you just get yr own breakfast - but then she would moan at me that she is getting fat becasue I am not giving her a healthy breakfast!!!

Of course..................all we Oldlings are perfect!

Hi everyone.

It's been a dry day so I've not felt like some nocturnal creature but the rain's back heavy again now.

I love the Sydney outtakes but have you watched the Live Lounge that bab put on YouTube tonight? It is really funny (the cardy is especially funny) and there is a new fact.

what do you mean ruth?