The Oldlings Thread (Part 8)!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's great you can go. I checked bus schedules and I'd have to go Friday in order to get there on time for the show so I'd have to get hotel for two nights and if I remember correctly the train was expensive. and I wanted no part of driving to Philly by myself, I get lost in my own town.

That's why I'm taking the train :)

It actually worked out to cost as much as airfare, with a AAA discount.

And it will take about the same amount of time -- plus it drops me

off right in the city, so I don't have to worry about getting a cab

from the airport. Hubby says that taxi alone is a 45-minute trip, which

costs $$$ :blink:

I still haven't booked my hotel yet... gotta do that this weekend...

That's ok then..thought I had done something wrong!!!:naughty: again :sneaky2:

AGAIN! :wink2:

And look how close to 9000 posts you are now! :shocked:

dcdeb

Hello oldlings.

I've just popped in for a quick visit seeing as it's Friday night I couldn't resist.

I'm torn in two tonight because I'd like to be here, but my LICM sheet music arrived today and I've been practising at every available opportunity.

I am rubbish at playing the piano, so it's quite hard going, but I'm loving every minute of it!:biggrin2:

It's the Mika effect. Congrats :-)

i totally agree with you ruth and with sarahlou....we are winning things with mika!

i mean...i DID win the Grammy thing! i t was my fault not to have the receipt, but i won!

and i had NEVER won anything this big in my whole life!

and both allegra and mirtilla won a meet&greet, and they too barely won a thing in their all life...maybe it's just becasue we have started attending competions? which we had never done before?

maybe

but i'm so sure this mika boy brings good luck! :thumb_yello:

debbie

i cannot fancy we will be waiting for reports in two weeks...AGAIN! :mf_lustslow:

Hello oldlings.

I've just popped in for a quick visit seeing as it's Friday night I couldn't resist.

I'm torn in two tonight because I'd like to be here, but my LICM sheet music arrived today and I've been practising at every available opportunity.

I am rubbish at playing the piano, so it's quite hard going, but I'm loving every minute of it!:biggrin2:

WE GOT IT TOO, AND MY BOY IS PRACTISINg (ops) it, and he finds mika has a very long finger to finger extension! long fingers to reach distant keys!

Hey, Thanks...think I will.

OH Charlie..that is a real bummer. Stay here a while and chill with us!

Yeah..need to just let it go already! :thumb_yello:

At least you passed and got your certificate. Now you can sit back have a drink and relax.:thumb_yello:

Deb- How is the snow out there. I dreamt about your episode last night. UGH!! What a nightmare.

Hello oldlings.

It's a lovely book isn't it....I just like looking at it..which is just as well as that is all I CAN do......Jake plays it sometimes and I LOVE it :blush-anim-cl:

Hello by the way!:mf_lustslow:

Don't think I am going to make the 9000 tonight Deb :roftl:

I am going to love hearing you talk about your NY trip...I love the place so much! Where will you stay and where is the venue in relationship to cental Manatten?

Hello oldlings.

Hi MM :)

I haven't spoken to you since.... Birmingham?! :o

It takes me ages to get through a song using the sheet music! (I swear half of it is wrong...or I'm just that bad at playing it) I just use that as a general guide and make it up as I go along :thumb_yello:

Hi MM! Good night, Ricki!

debbie

i cannot fancy we will be waiting for reports in two weeks...AGAIN! :mf_lustslow:

I can't believe it! :woot_jump:

BUT... we will have a report sooner -- from Sarah and Carri and Jennie

and Bab and Jemma and Sariflor who are all going to the Fiat thing! :thumb_yello:

Yeah..need to just let it go already! :thumb_yello:

Deb- How is the snow out there. I dreamt about your episode last night. UGH!! What a nightmare.

Oh, if you dreamt, about it, I'm sorry you had that nightmare! The icing

on the cake was when the power went out just about this time yesterday,

just as I was trying to reply to all you lovely Oldlings who had gathered.

I was just :mad3:

But today was much better :) Thanks!

dcdeb

Hi Sarahlou! Yes, I'm feeling a little better. I'll get over it. It's just when you aren't expecting the worse and it happens...that sucks!

So, tonight...It's off to have a drink and to sing a little. :thumb_yello:

That's what it is :thumb_yello:

Hi Charlotte! Are you feeling any better now?

Night Ricki & hi again Robi!

Hi MM :)

I haven't spoken to you since.... Birmingham?! :o

It takes me ages to get through a song using the sheet music! (I swear half of it is wrong...or I'm just that bad at playing it) I just use that as a general guide and make it up as I go along :thumb_yello:

Hi Jennie. I didn't expect to find you here in the oldlings! I don't actually get out of the oldlings very much, so that's why we haven't spoken much!

I'm finding the sheet music quite different to other stuff that I've bought. There are so many places where the piano part is different to the notes that he sings that it doesn't sound right (especially if I sing along because my singing is even worse than my piano playing!)

.....and I know what you mean about the stretching Robi -there are loads of whole octave reaches, so I hope that your son grows a bit!:naughty:

Hee hee! I actually played that one on the way home. I guess being a perfectionist kills me at time. I hate to fail at anything. :sneaky2:

Oh, yes..the GIGS!! In just a few weeks now!! YAY! Right now, I'm for sure going to L.A. and I'm trying to talk Sivan into going to SLC with me. But, I think we are both a little low on funds. :boxed: I may still go...I have the tickets..but, when I start adding up the costs of everything...it really starts to go up. Not to mention, the parents won't watch the puppies now. :sneaky2:

hi charlie!

relax take it easy!

a whole WE is waiting for you!

which gig are you going btw?

uh i like this....smell of new gigs! :mf_lustslow:

Oh, good. I'm so glad that it's better. I really dreamed the whole episode in exactly the way you described it. I was freezing when I woke up. Have to gone back to your car yet?

Oh, if you dreamt, about it, I'm sorry you had that nightmare! The icing

on the cake was when the power went out just about this time yesterday,

just as I was trying to reply to all you lovely Oldlings who had gathered.

I was just :mad3:

But today was much better :) Thanks!

dcdeb

Sorry...hi MM....too much wine and vodka.....:naughty:

How are the floods?

Hi Sarah. The flooding is over for now thanks, but they've forecast a lot more rain for tomorrow, so we are expecting more problems. I've got Tia coming here tomorrow, so I don't want the roads flooded.

............and I live in.....................Watery Lane!!

(no prizes for guessing why it's called that!)

Don't think I am going to make the 9000 tonight Deb :roftl:

I am going to love hearing you talk about your NY trip...I love the place so much! Where will you stay and where is the venue in relationship to cental Manatten?

The venue is not far from Central Park, actually -- west side, near the

river. Not a great area, according to JackViolet. :( But a nice venue,

new, just opened in October I think.

Don't know where I'm staying as hubby nixed the place I had chosen

-- felt it was not in such a great neighborhood and he was a bit

worried about that, even though some other MFC'ers are staying there.

So I need to figure out someplace else... or else just book the place

I originally thought of. He's not coming with me, so he'll never know

really, will he? :naughty:

dcdeb

Hi Sarah. The flooding is over for now thanks, but they've forecast a lot more rain for tomorrow, so we are expecting more problems. I've got Tia coming here tomorrow, so I don't want the roads flooded.

............and I live in.....................Watery Lane!!

(no prizes for guessing why it's called that!)

ha ha! I'm glad they're subsiding. I hope you have a good day tomorrow :thumb_yello:

Hi Jennie. I didn't expect to find you here in the oldlings! I don't actually get out of the oldlings very much, so that's why we haven't spoken much!

I'm finding the sheet music quite different to other stuff that I've bought. There are so many places where the piano part is different to the notes that he sings that it doesn't sound right (especially if I sing along because my singing is even worse than my piano playing!)

.....and I know what you mean about the stretching Robi -there are loads of whole octave reaches, so I hope that your son grows a bit!:naughty:

Yep well I'm broadening my horizons :wink2: Plus oldlings seem to have more interesting things to say that younglings :thumb_yello:

That's what I didn't like about the sheet music. I've adjusted the parts that don't sound right and practically re-written half of it.

Luckily I have long fingers so I can manage the whole octave reaches (just about) :thumb_yello:

My only problem with piano is my lack of coordination between my 2 hands. On their own they're fine...but when I have different rhythms with each hand, they can't cope!

Anyway, I have to go now and wash/dry/straighten my hair before bed...which takes about 3 hours :thumbdown: and I have work in the morning so I better be going soon!