Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

Well, I think I'm right in saying that if you are in the music industry and I know some people who are, If you sing one word wrong, you don't have to pay royalties or the PRS. (performing rights society).

That would figure seeing as Nina Simone is deceased (I think!) I know you have to have permission to perform a song that is not yours, on TV......

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weve had the best hearing , minds and experts on this .....:roftl:

*waves*

happy new year to every1 Lol im sure there is a new year thread somewhere but as i have 37,000000000 million threads to read i cant b bothered to look:blush-anim-cl:

*waves*

happy new year to every1 Lol im sure there is a new year thread somewhere but as i have 37,000000000 million threads to read i cant b bothered to look:blush-anim-cl:

Hiya sunshine .. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope you had a great time!!!

We are just strating to flood back in :naughty:

*waves*

Hiya Tia

Don't worry, this is the only thread worth bothering with - it's the burning question of the year so far.

Disappointed you are with the 'ticketers' though....:thumbdown:

My two cents is this:

The actual lyric from the original song is 'token' but 'ticket' is also mentioned. The lyrics vary with each performance and cover.

So, maybe MiKa noticed his mistake mid word and colaborated the two to sound like he made no such error:

Ticket + Token = Tic-k-en aka Chicken

SOLVED!

My two cents is this:

The actual lyric from the original song is 'token' but 'ticket' is also mentioned. The lyrics vary with each performance and cover.

So, maybe MiKa noticed his mistake mid word and colaborated the two to sound like he made no such error:

SOLVED!

Plausible explanation, which can include an element of Freudian Slip. That'd be my bet!

Hiya Tia

Don't worry, this is the only thread worth bothering with - it's the burning question of the year so far.

Disappointed you are with the 'ticketers' though....:thumbdown:

awwww im sorry i want to hear chicken!! the nite it was on telly i thought he had said chicken but since watching utube over and over i think it chicket....

awwww im sorry i want to hear chicken!! the nite it was on telly i thought he had said chicken but since watching utube over and over i think it chicket....

But what is a chicket????? I swear I am going mental over this, or just mental in general, maybe, let's be honest.:naughty:

tut why oh why must my children insist on using the computer too, it's really too selfish of them, I have to go now before they physically boot me off:thumbdown:

But what is a chicket????? I swear I am going mental over this, or just mental in general, maybe, let's be honest.:naughty:

tut why oh why must my children insist on using the computer too, it's really too selfish of them, I have to go now before they physically boot me off:thumbdown:

i have no idea wot a chicket is hun, mika just likes to keep us guessing i think:wink2:

children fancy them getting in the way like that:naughty:

My two cents is this:

SOLVED!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I think I'm right in saying that if you are in the music industry and I know some people who are, If you sing one word wrong, you don't have to pay royalties or the PRS. (performing rights society).

That would figure seeing as Nina Simone is deceased (I think!) I know you have to have permission to perform a song that is not yours, on TV......

Nina Simone doesn't own the rights to the song. It's a medley from the musical Hair. Mika is just (more or less) copying the arrangement she used.

I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but the thing about changing one word sounds unbelievable to me. It's certainly not the case in N. America. I used to work for an agency that negotiated music rights for use in television and movies and I'm sure they wouldn't have paid tens of thousands of dollars for songs if all they had to do is change one word to use it. Even if you want to use a small portion of the song you have to obtain rights and pay for them.

This is the case for every copyrighted work that has not been released to the public domain. Even Happy Birthday To You is copyright protected and cannot be sung in movies and television without paying royalties.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

quoting oneself is so poor :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

(but i liked your first post, hehe.)

i dont really get why the hell he is talking about tokens and tickets? (the original lyrics, not mika. mika doesnt talk about a ticket.)

what token? (what ticket?) what for??? or is this just me overanalysing song lyrics that have a deeper meaning?

Nina Simone doesn't own the rights to the song. It's a medley from the musical Hair. Mika is just (more or less) copying the arrangement she used.

I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but the thing about changing one word sounds unbelievable to me. It's certainly not the case in N. America. I used to work for an agency that negotiated music rights for use in television and movies and I'm sure they wouldn't have paid tens of thousands of dollars for songs if all they had to do is change one word to use it. Even if you want to use a small portion of the song you have to obtain rights and pay for them.

This is the case for every copyrighted work that has not been released to the public domain. Even Happy Birthday To You is copyright protected and cannot be sung in movies and television without paying royalties.

christine, i need a work experience at/with that company you are mentioning here!!! :blink:

quoting oneself is so poor :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

(but i liked your first post, hehe.)

i dont really get why the hell he is talking about tokens and tickets? (the original lyrics, not mika. mika doesnt talk about a ticket.)

what token? (what ticket?) what for??? or is this just me overanalysing song lyrics that have a deeper meaning?

But you were still arguing after it was solved - i had to

christine, i need a work experience at/with that company you are mentioning here!!! :blink:

My first work experience was with a major record company (Bryan Adams, The Police, Janet Jackson, etc.) and they hired me full time afterwards. It later helped me get the job working for this agency because my boss was business partners with Bryan Adams' manager.

The music supervision for movies/television was just a small division and the agency was primarily the largest music booking agency in Canada. These are the people who would be directly involved in booking Mika to play at the Hammersmith Apollo for example.

It's a good thing to get into with an internship because the music business (at least in Canada) is very small. Once you've got your foot in the door it's a lot easier to get other jobs. I was hired over 150 other applicants because I'd already worked for the record company.

My first work experience was with a major record company (Bryan Adams, The Police, Janet Jackson, etc.) and they hired me full time afterwards. It later helped me get the job working for this agency because my boss was business partners with Bryan Adams' manager.

The music supervision for movies/television was just a small division and the agency was primarily the largest music booking agency in Canada. These are the people who would be directly involved in booking Mika to play at the Hammersmith Apollo for example.

It's a good thing to get into with an internship because the music business (at least in Canada) is very small. Once you've got your foot in the door it's a lot easier to get other jobs. I was hired over 150 other applicants because I'd already worked for the record company.

I remember when Bryan played in my town at the stadium.

I remember it well.

We had a powercut. :mf_rosetinted: They used up too much!!!