Chicken or Ticket? Solve the arguement once and for all - Please!

pinkunicorn123

Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Does he say 'Aint got no chicken' or 'Aint got no ticket'?

I'm afraid I never had this problem, cos' Mika speaks English with American accent but I wonder if he doesn't pronounce vowels a la française...

We can't compare vowels with t or p ork...

Wherever the source of his odd pronunciations, he's not consistent when he's singing. He doesn't sing like he speaks and he doesn't even pronounce things the same in song from performance to performance.

One day it's "hello my baby", the next day it's "chello my baby" and the day after it's "kello my baby". He does this all the time and I don't understand why anyone thinks it's so implausible that he could mangle a "t" sound at any given moment and have it come out as "tyi".

The lyric is ticket, just like the lyric in Big Girl was always "lady" and the lyric in Grace Kelly is always "hello". That's how it was written and that's what he intended to sing. It doesn't matter what it sounds like to some people's ears.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever the source of his odd pronunciations, he's not consistent when he's singing. He doesn't sing like he speaks and he doesn't even pronounce things the same in song from performance to performance.

One day it's "hello my baby", the next day it's "chello my baby" and the day after it's "kello my baby". He does this all the time and I don't understand why anyone thinks it's so implausible that he could mangle a "t" sound at any given moment and have it come out as "tyi".

The lyric is ticket, just like the lyric in Big Girl was always "lady" and the lyric in Grace Kelly is always "hello". That's how it was written and that's what he intended to sing. It doesn't matter what it sounds like to some people's ears.

But if he was intendinig on singing the song the way it is, then why did he mix up the order of the words? Because he hates doing covers so he never learnt it properly?

He sang "CHIKEEEH", OK? That so far shouldn't be disputed.

When it comes to interpreting that word, it can be taken as either "chicken" or "ticket" with the "ch" sound substituted.

My interpretation is that logic and reasoning, as opposed to wishful thinking and self-validation, point to "ticket". :mf_rosetinted:

In the original song the lyric was "ain't got no love, ain't got no token" so clearly the line before doesn't have to be related at all.

Think again scut-monkey. Love/token is related as song lyrics go.

Take a listen to "Love Token" on Brian May's album "Back To The Light" and look at this link http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1015&src_t=cat&src_id=gifts&aff=1272

:wink2:

*hopes Mika never covers The Beatles - Ticket to Ride*

"She's got a chicken to ride.. She's got a chicken to ri-iii-ide.

She's got a chicken to ride.. But she don't care..."

Brilliant. :lmao:

Okay so did mica get it wrong or me?

When in doubt, assume that Mica is wrong. :mf_rosetinted:

One day it's "hello my baby", the next day it's "chello my baby" and the day after it's "kello my baby".

This is true, he does mangle the initial phoneme at times!!! It's one of the very few things that irritates me about his singing.

Besides if you convince yourself he's saying chicken, then you're always going to hear chicken. :wink2:

Well I listened copious times to it last night and although I am firmly in the CHICKEN camp, I admit I started to hear TICKET, but that's only because I was listening with an open mind to see if I could hear TICKET. Mika has done this on purpose to send us all insane, I'm sure of it, well it's working on me :boxed::naughty:

For God's sake Mika put us out of our misery, I cannot wait even for Montreal!!!