Mika to Headline Live Gig at London Eye

SkullyRox

From the 'Rav' page in the News of the World today.

The ace MIKA is going to headline a live gig at the London Eye. Italian car makers Fiat have booked the QUEEN soundalike to do a set in front of a VIP showbiz audience when they launch their new Fiat 500 at the end of the month.

Other bands hoping to play at the gig include the fantastic Feeling.

*I did a quick check but couldn't see if this had already been posted, apologises if it has*

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen it, but VIP gig, that means we can't go?

Actually, that is giving me bad deja vu. Ages ago I dreamt that every year London had a festival where various actq played in venues around the river. Mika was playing but we couldn't find out where exactly he would be on, or when. I remember standing on a bridge, looking at the London Eye frantically trying to think where he might be playing.

Anyway, I never did find out, because the flyers we had been looking at were for the following years festival.....

You have just entered the twilight zone......

From the 'Rav' page in the News of the World today.

The ace MIKA is going to headline a live gig at the London Eye. Italian car makers Fiat have booked the QUEEN soundalike to do a set in front of a VIP showbiz audience when they launch their new Fiat 500 at the end of the month.

Other bands hoping to play at the gig include the fantastic Feeling.

*I did a quick check but couldn't see if this had already been posted, apologises if it has*

What what what?!

Not another gig that I can see from my bedroom window but will never get tickets for? :'(

Haven't seen it, but VIP gig, that means we can't go?
I assume it's a showbiz only thing. But, it's the Eye-the eye can be seen from many places-so I guess you'd be able to 'hear' or see something...!?!
...end of the month? Isn't he busy then?:blink:
That's what I thought when I read it. But, it doesn't say a date-it just says end of month-so maybe he has a window?

omg :shocked: i think my parents went to a fiat thing like this last year and they saw those people who sang I like the way u move :o.. but how the hell did they get to see them.. hmm.. I'll have to ask if they are going to this one.. oh please please please god say yes *gets down on knees*

I can' believe it!!!:woot_jump:

look what I found in the FIAT 500 promotional site! http://www.fiat500.com/eng/

Il Brand Fiat è sempre più vicino ai giovani, così come dimostrano le ultime campagne pubblicitarie (quella di Punto ad esempio).Oltre ad essere un mito, per chi non l' ha già conosciuta dal punto di vista "storico" (ovviamente mi sto riferendo ai giovani), la nuova 500 ispira simpatia, vitalità e dinamicità...e quale musica meglio di "Grace Kelly" di Mika riuscirebbe a dare quel senso di argento vivo addosso che ispira 500?!...Penso che Mika sarebbe un buon Testimonial..e sinceramente già mi immagino uno spot con 500 che gira per le strade avendo come sottofondo le note di Grace Kelly....si, si..decisamente un immagine niente male. Burichetti Giampaolo da Pisa.{I've always known that Tuscany is the coolest region of Italy}

An italian guy has suggested Mika as "star maker"!:italia:ok... google translation?:naughty:

The Brand Fiat is increasingly close to young people, as evidenced by the recent advertising campaigns (the Point for example). Apart from being a myth, not for those who 'have already known from the point of view "historic" (obviously I am referring to the young), the new 500 inspires sympathy, vitality and dynamism ... and what music better than "Grace Kelly" Mika able to give that sense of silver that inspires him alive 500 ?!... I think Mika would be a Testimonial good .. and I sincerely already imagine a spot with 500 running in the streets as having the background notes Grace Kelly .... yes, we definitely an image .. not bad.

NEW FIAT 500 TO LAUNCH WITH FLIGHT ON THE LONDON EYE

FIAT Group Automobiles UK Ltd is launching its new FIAT 500 in the UK – with a flight in one of the capsules on the British Airways London Eye!

The new Fiat 500, which has recently been voted Car of the Year 2008, will take to the air on Monday 21 January at 8.00pm – exactly 500 hours into the New Year.

FIAT is also staging a celebrity and showbiz ticketed event around the launch, featuring live bands, top presenters, and a fantastic light show.

FIAT UK Marketing Director, Elena Bernardelli, says: “It will be a great event, and we at FIAT are committed to making the country smile for the night.”

London Eye Head of Sales and Marketing, Helen Bull, says: “After celebrating 2008 with a phenomenal firework display, what better way to continue the party than with a fantastic event only 500 hours into the New Year, with 2008’s Car of the Year.”

Press release

I'll always take the car off your hands if you win. Y'know-bung you a few pennies for it. :roftl:

Good luck those who enter!

I'd sell it and use the money to buy Mika tickets (and flights) with :naughty:

You don't need a car in London...especially when you can't drive :wink2: