Would you like that toasted?

soangel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspired by the wedding planner thread (see page 9 onwards for details), and late night convos, I bring you the Would you like that toasted?* thread. The place where you can talk about your favourite toaster, toast type, and anything else toast related.

toast.jpg

Toaster.jpg

Of course, I have to mention the post which seems to have brought life to this thread:

In our society today, I've noticed, people seem to have a tendency to throw out our toasters when they no longer cook toast the way we like, or when we think another toaster might cook our toast differently, when the toaster they have is perfectly fine, they're just not willing to spend the time to fix the setting to the way they like it.

For those who don't know, or haven't read the wedding thread toast is like chicken

*Title care of your friendly subway sandwich artists

add this to the front thread!

1196448831763.jpg

though I don't agree:naughty:

He was about to lick a lollipop when he was interrupted and told to have toast instead!

I told myself the same thing too.. I might have some toast also.. shall we have some together?And w.t.h. happened to MSN tonight.. maybe it got toasted .. : lol!!

MSN was wacked, I don't know what happened.

Didn't have toast with you last night, but if you want, we can cook each other toast another night *insert das*

Mika is welcome to cook MY toast.

Actually, my understanding is that if you already have a good working toaster, it's not a good idea to get your bread toasted elsewhere - not even for one breakfast. Sigh.

I think Mika would be welcome to cook a lot of people's toast.

And apparently its not a good idea, unless you have a toaster who is willing not to be the only toaster in your life. Most toasters seem to like to be the only toaster cooking your toast, and get jealous.

This is a great thread! Man, I have so many toaster thoughts to share.

Right now, I would just like to complain that I do not have my own toaster at home... so if I want toast, I have to go visit a friend at their apartment in NY, which is pretty far away for toast!

Rather annoying when you just want to have a quick toast-with-butter for breakfast before you go off to work!

--Jack

That would be rather annoying, having to travel to get your toast. Can't the toaster come to your house some nights? :fisch:

I'm glad my wedding thread started all of this "toasty" conversation

Does this mean I can blame you now? I'm already blaming the fact it was 3am and Lollipop_Monkey for bringing up toasters for the toaster talk in the first place :naughty:

Beans is not feed made for humans. No one can plegde against that. Look at their consistency!!! uuuuuuh. what's pleasant with that ?

I agree....

Though it makes it difficult eating at mexican restuarants, I have to find food without beans or chilli.

My first thought when I saw the initial Poptart pic in this thread was "Poptarts are a "special treat" which are enjoyed by some people on special occasions, and are illegal in certain countries due to their, um, dangerous and unsavoury nature"

Loves it *insert roftl smilie but don't have enough space. Stupid smilie limit*

add this to the front thread!

1196448831763.jpg

though I don't agree

Hmmm, that would be a good one to add

I want to know WHO in the world does this?

*degrees of toast pic cut for image limit*

Looks like someone else beat you to using the word 'toast' differently. ; )

*as above*

For the first one, obviously someone who wants to let the person pick exactly how they want their toast. Their either really considerate, or ocd, either one

The second one..... *shakes fist* curse them

Bwahahahahahahaaa Greta you made me laugh really hard.

I wasn't even really up in the origin of the joke!

I love Gretas toast pics. Where does she get them all is my question.

Ah the origin of this joke...... *remembers* *shakes head*

*blames everyone else, as per usual*

*doesn't change anything*

Page 9 of the wedding thread if anyone is interested

Mika is welcome to cook MY toast. :das:

Actually, my understanding is that if you already have a good working toaster, it's not a good idea to get your bread toasted elsewhere - not even for one breakfast. Sigh.

Mika is welcome to BURN my toast :naughty:

I agree. It isn't a good idea to shop around or borrow someone elses toaster. It will make your toaster feel insecure and incompetent, and could make your toaster refuse to toast your bread for quite sometime. And no one wants to go without toast for too long.

95_2654.jpg

Toaster Cover :bleh: For those toasters that need a little help heating up. :das: