the Mirror supports Mika@the Bits Awards{?}

greta

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2008/01/10/robbie-snubbed-by-brits-89520-20280073/

Robbie snubbed by Brits

Williams snubbed by awards for second year in a row

Pop stars are set to sweep the boards at this year's Brits, with one notable exception - poor old Robbie Williams.

We can reveal that, once again, the Robster has been Rudely snubbed by the prestigious music awards.

Although his dire Rudebox album somehow made the final eligibility list for Best Male and Best Album, it will be dropped from the final shortlist when it is announced on Monday.

And it looks like the only way Robbie will get an invite to the starstudded ceremony - held at London's Earls Court on February 20 - is if he asks his old mates Take That if he can tag along with them.

The Brits are rapidly becoming Robbie's nemesis.

Last year's ceremony - at which he lost out to Muse in the Best Live Act category - coincided with him going to rehab.

Since then he has sunk deeper into obscurity, while his former bandmates are on a high.

Take That's comeback album, Beautiful World, has been a sensational success and they are favourites to win British Group at this year's Brits.

Although indie acts have dominated the awards in the past - with Arctic Monkeys and The Killers being last year's big winners - TV insiders hint that Take That aren't the only pop act set to bag a coveted statue.

Kylie Minogue is tipped to top the list of nominations for International Female with her new album X. Winning the gong would top an amazing comeback for Kylie, following her inspirational battle with breast cancer.

Mika's circus shows are also expected to be a big hit with the voting academy.

We predict that the flamboyant Lebanese-born singer, who burst on to the music scene with his candycoated pop album Life In Cartoon Motion, will be up for Best Male - along with Mark Ronson and Shayne Ward.

And expect to see past X-Factor winner Leona Lewis in the final nominations for Best Female and Best Single.

A tv insider says: "This year there's been a resurgence in pop acts. The return of the Spice girls and Take That has whetted everyone's appetite for fun.

"The charts have been full of serious indie bands. Babyshambles and Arctic Monkeys might get a look in, but it's time that pop had a comeback."

The full list of nominees will be revealed by Kelly Osbourne on Monday night, live on ITV2 from 9pm. Can't wait until then? Here's our top tips on who will be on that hot list. Look away now, Robbie...

OUR TIPS FOR THE BRITS

British Male: Mika, mark Ronson, Shayne Ward

British Female: Leona Lewis, Kate Nash, Bat for Lashes

British Group: Take That, Babyshambles, Arctic Monkeys

British single: TO BE VOTED LIVE ON SHOW but we reckon Leona Lewis will swing it

Breakthrough: Hoosiers, Klaxons, Mika

International Male: Kylie, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne

International Group: CSS, Westlife, Eagles

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OUR TIPS FOR THE BRITS

British Male: Mika, mark Ronson, Shayne Ward

British Female: Leona Lewis, Kate Nash, Bat for Lashes

British Group: Take That, Babyshambles, Arctic Monkeys

British single: TO BE VOTED LIVE ON SHOW but we reckon Leona Lewis will swing it

Breakthrough: Hoosiers, Klaxons, Mika

International Group: CSS, Westlife, Eagles[/left]

That would really be a breakthuuuu.. oh yeah

I reckon they will give Klaxons the Breakthrough Act award.

I don't think LICM will get a nomination - unfortunately, because it should, but I'll be surprised if it does. Although, if they are tipping a big year for Pop...

I see absolutely no logical reason why they should not give Mika the Best British Male award, he truly deserves it and surely even those who don't really 'get' him can see that; I honestly think it will be a real serious injustice if he doesn't get this Brit.

It amazes me they are even mentioning Robbie Williams here - he hasn't even been on the musical radar this past year, I don't know what all the fuss is about!!!!

'International Male' ?????? LMFAO

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Never spotted that, my eyes filter out anything that doesn't start with M and end in a and have ik in the middle.

:lmao:

Mika, apparantely. Watch your waistline Mika!! Your pants may even stay up this year:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/surveillance/2008/01/07/surveillance-89520-20277240/

he'd better win! it's just expected! :mf_rosetinted:

football match..? now THAT was not expected.. :blink: well, there's the hooligan side of mika, we still dind't know about.. :mf_rosetinted::roftl::wink2: J/k O.C. :thumb_yello:

he'd better win! it's just expected! :mf_rosetinted:

football match..? now THAT was not expected.. :blink: well, there's the hooligan side of mika, we still dind't know about.. :mf_rosetinted::wink2: J/k O.C. :thumb_yello:

I can't believe it was really Mika they spotted at the football - I just can't see Mika at a football match. And Charlton Athletic, well, no. :naughty: They have to pay their own fans to turn up don't they??

And Mika is health conscious isn't he, so he would not touch a pie at an English football ground! They are disgusting!

It must have been a lookalike - I dunno, Borat or Leo Sayer maybe.:mf_rosetinted:

Oh I hope he gets something!:D

Does anyone know if or when the Brit's are aired on telly?

Or have they ever been broadcast?

I've no idea...

I think they are on Feb 20th .

ITV1 is broadcasting it live this year - usually they only show it the day after, an edited version.

Eva Simpson from 3AM has always seemed to be a fan of Mikas, she was even one of the animals at Somerset House, so I'm not surprised she would tip him to win Best Male.

But are we REALLY going to let Leona Lewis win Best Single, if it's a phone vote on the night, which surprises me as everything is still up in the air here due to the recent problems there have been because of dubious practices with tv voting on BBC and ITV.

But are we REALLY going to let Leona Lewis win Best Single, if it's a phone vote on the night, which surprises me as everything is still up in the air here due to the recent problems there have been because of dubious practices with tv voting on BBC and ITV.

Is he nominated at all for the Best Single? I mean, he should be but.... and if so, who else is in the competition?