MFC poster to celebrate 1 year!

robertina

Okay, here it is! First a picture of the original:

p><p>Cool! I

I've had another realisation though ... does it need for the pictures to all be the same size? Because most everyone has cropped their baby photos differently..

How? What do I need, which program?

If you have Windows, you can just use Paint.

I have no idea your level of computer competence, but I will just assume it is equal to my mothers, to be safe.

So if you do have Windows (if not I can't help, sorry), then right click on the picture and click on "Open With >" and then "Paint".

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1440/paint1qs0.jpg' alt='paint1qs0.jpg'>

Then it will open your photo in paint. All your stuff might look slightly different if you have a different version of Windows, but it's basically the same.

So now you click on the "A" to make writing, and two little pictures will pop up underneath, select the lower one

(It means the writing won't have a white background then).

paint2jd2.jpg

Click the mouse wherever on the photo you want the writing, and type your name. A toolbox should pop up for you to chose the font/size/etc,

and you can chose the colour from the palette above your picture.

paint3xd3.jpg

And then file, save as, and you have your named picture!

paint4xh5.jpg

I tried to sum it up into as few pictures as possible, can you still follow?

:original:

Nice photos, guys!

I have like 3 photos of myself when I was 1 year old, but I'm with my father in all of them! And I don't have an scanner to scan other photos! So, I guess I'm out of this!

Owhh, can you crop him out? Or do you have a digital camera to take photos of them instead of scanning?

We want to see! :bleh:

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos, guys! :thumb_yello:

I have like 3 photos of myself when I was 1 year old, but I'm with my father in all of them! And I don't have an scanner to scan other photos! :sneaky2: So, I guess I'm out of this! :thumbdown:

SEND YOUR PICS ANYWAY!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

we will deal with them!

oh please, post a lot so that we can turn this huuuuuge page off!!!:naughty:

thanks oakie doke for instructions...useful for an oldling like me! :blush-anim-cl:

Cool! I've tried one of my dog, but I can't find the picture, does it automatically save the finished mosaic somewhere, because I can't find where that is...

I've had another realisation though ... does it need for the pictures to all be the same size? Because most everyone has cropped their baby photos differently..

It automatically saves the picture in the same folder as where it got the collection from (the collection of pictures used to create the mosaic). You can also start a search: the name of the mosaic will be "original_name mosaic.JPG"

I don't think the pictures have to be the same size though...

Oakie Doke, thank you for the clear instructions! :thumb_yello:

I'm quite sure it will work the same way, my computer has the latest version of Office. Should be no problem then, will try it tonight!

I'll send you my pic as soon as I've managed to write my name on it Robi!

thanks oakie doke for instructions...useful for an oldling like me! :blush-anim-cl:

Lol, that's alright, I have made a book full of instructionals for my computer-illiterate mother :naughty:

So here are my named-pictures:

(Which one is better?)

oakiedokenamed1el4.jpg

oakiedokenamed2aw5.jpg

Oh, and I found where it saved the pictures, here is the one of my dog:

img0697mosaicjr2.jpg

(This is the original: originalqf2.jpg )

Oakie Doke, thank you for the clear instructions! :thumb_yello:

I'm quite sure it will work the same way, my computer has the latest version of Office. Should be no problem then, will try it tonight!

I'll send you my pic as soon as I've managed to write my name on it Robi!

Blue: you're such a cute baby:wub2:

Say cheese! Or is it glitter?

sepoct07028-2.jpg

Cuuute!

WOW! That looks like Madurodam in the Netherlands! Have you been there?

Lol! Yes, that's where it is :original:

I was on holiday there in that pic :bleh:

I tried a Mika one of those mosaics, it's a bit more like what a baby-pic one would look like. It rotates and crops the pictures to fit the rectangle shape:

cover1xb7.jpg

You have to really squint, you can see it better small:

coversmallpu0.jpg

This is a bit in original size :bleh:

coverzoomuk5.jpg

I tried a Mika one of those mosaics, it's a bit more like what a baby-pic one would look like. It rotates and crops the pictures to fit the rectangle shape:

cover1xb7.jpg

You have to really squint, you can see it better small:

coversmallpu0.jpg

This is a bit in original size :bleh:

coverzoomuk5.jpg

It looks like an artwork! Can't you make one with Mika's face?

It looks like an artwork! Can't you make one with Mika's face?

It's the album cover! :bleh:

coveroruq3.jpg

Okay, here's a Mika one:

mikafacehs5.jpg

of 1file16wf6.jpg

But it doesn't really look like him.

So I tried again:

mikamikamikaan0.jpg

of bigmkafacesl7.jpg

I can't figure out how to get rid of those black squares?

Lol! Yes, that's where it is :original:

I was on holiday there in that pic :bleh:

I've been there too and I have a photo almost identical to that somewhere back at home!!! :naughty:

Hehe, really? It seems Madurodam has been visited by MFCers from all over the world! :thumb_yello:

I drove past Madurodam last Sunday when I was in Den Haag. My last visit was in May 2007 (after almost 25 years), I really felt like a bloody tourist. :roftl:

BTW I think I have a similar pic too, have to ask my mum, she's the family photo album keeper. :naughty:

I've been there too and I have a photo almost identical to that somewhere back at home!!! :naughty:

Hehe, really? It seems Madurodam has been visited by MFCers from all over the world! :thumb_yello:

I drove past Madurodam last Sunday when I was in Den Haag. My last visit was in May 2007 (after almost 25 years), I really felt like a bloody tourist. :roftl:

BTW I think I have a similar pic too, have to ask my mum, she's the family photo album keeper. :naughty:

Lol! We should have a secondary "Baby photos of us in Madurodam".

I think I lived in Den Haag for a few years when I was little! I think it was 'Hoogezand', is that Den Haag?