veka

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks a lot, veka! :thumb_yello:

hehe.. new album... :wub2:

Perez Hilton has been a big supporter of yours, hasn’t he?

Yeah, he has particularly in America and Australia. He does two things with his blog. On the one hand he does all the celebrity stuff, which gives him the hits, because people really want to read about them. But he also continually pushes new acts in a way that no other person can do. It really works! The amount of new acts he’s supported is just enormous. He really cares about the music.

I trust that. :wink2:

o.c. mika's looks have NOTHING to do with perez' affection for him.. :fisch::bleh:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING IT...

MACCA IS A GREAT GUY - :wub2: I would have been really surprised if he was unkind.... I also think that perhaps he didn't know what to say to him first just wanted to say something or perhaps even 'test' what kind of bloke Mika was... I bet he was pleasantly surprised.:wink2:

Festival slots in Europe.... well, I hope he will do the ones he cancelled last year - eg. Budapest...

Second album - 'musically intense, really melodic and tells a story....' :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: - that's what we are all expecting..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING IT...

MACCA IS A GREAT GUY - :wub2: I would have been really surprised if he was unkind.... I also think that perhaps he didn't know what to say to him first just wanted to say something or perhaps even 'test' what kind of bloke Mika was... I bet he was pleasantly surprised.:wink2:

Festival slots in Europe.... well, I hope he will do the ones he cancelled last year - eg. Budapest...

Second album - 'musically intense, really melodic and tells a story....' :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: - that's what we are all expecting..

I'd not keep my hopes high, suzie.. :boxed:

my guess are glansto, V festival, ibiza and a french one. or maybe even italia wave. first 3 are almost sure, the way I see it.. :mf_rosetinted:

That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

Just wanted to drop by before school:

By the way light a candle for me:shocked: I went to bed at 4AM and got up at 6 *gulp and I don't think it payed off because well, you can't learn chemistry and advanced government in a night/morning

*just wanted to put in my petition

On with the interview: I loved it. You can tell if the journalist is nice or not, mika is less apt to be sharp and quick...dare I say irritated...So, this is a good one:thumb_yello:

I don't understand why he would be upset if Paul really mistook his name for My-Ka... But I guess for me, if I idolized Paul I would be devestated. lol

and I totally agree about Perez, he's about the music.

Sometimes Mika confuses me: He seems like he has money to spend...but than he walks around wearing the same clothes (but other stars do that to, like natalie portman simply because they can) I can't believe that he hasn't seen any of his money yet lol... I mean, it's been a year. Maybe he was just exaggerating.

Still, I think he's incredibly humble and truly does not realize what a big deal he is:wub2:

I think he was probably testing his sense of humour and Mika failed. :naughty:

Did he really think Paul McCartney was too clued out to know his name was Mika? I think that's hilarious. I mean I could understand how he might be a bit nervous and unsure of the situation while they were talking, but I can't believe he walked away thinking he was serious.

Even if Paul had really been unsure I'm sure he would have had the sense to ask someone else rather than say it to Mika's face. It's just too rude to walk up to one of the most successful artists of the year and ask them how to pronounce their name as if you've never heard of them.

I think he was probably testing his sense of humour and Mika failed. :naughty:

Did he really think Paul McCartney was too clued out to know his name was Mika? I think that's hilarious. I mean I could understand how he might be a bit nervous and unsure of the situation while they were talking, but I can't believe he walked away thinking he was serious.

Even if Paul had really been unsure I'm sure he would have had the sense to ask someone else rather than say it to Mika's face. It's just too rude to walk up to one of the most successful artists of the year and ask them how to pronounce their name as if you've never heard of them.

I agree on that. :wink2:

Sometimes Mika confuses me: He seems like he has money to spend...but than he walks around wearing the same clothes (but other stars do that to, like natalie portman simply because they can) I can't believe that he hasn't seen any of his money yet lol... I mean, it's been a year. Maybe he was just exaggerating.

I think he's talking about real money and no, I'm sure he hasn't seen much of it yet. Huge amounts of $$$ have been invested in him and he has to pay it all back.

Look at what he was doing last March for instance. He flew himself and his band to Canada, hired performers, handed out lollipops, decorated the club, rented costumes, a bubble machine, etc. Then he played a couple more dates in the US and flew back to Europe. All for what? The clubs were charging $15 per ticket, of which Mika would have seen little to nothing.

This means he has to pay for all of this out of CD sales and I'm guessing he receives about $1 per unit sold.

In the meantime he has to pay to make videos, his managers' and band's salaries and travel costs, his booking agent's commissions, his entourage's travel costs (his sisters, mum, roadies, Andy, etc.). He's got tour buses, limos, etc.

He has to payback costs for making LICM and now he's making a new album.

Mika will start seeing real money once he's doing these stadium shows. It's nice to make a half decent living off of music, but only artists at that level are really wealthy.

Think this may have made some stalkers very happy

greta...it's not him and his fellah(and I'm not very sure what u define by that),it's the entire neighborhood that gets gifts

when I don't know what word to use I put an "american" h in the end ...or I use the verb "get":lmao:

:bleh:yep I know..."they" are squeeze him like a lemon, and he's too good to be cheap:cool:

true again.

though we don't pay $ 15 for shows here... :boxed: and his family AT LEAST should pay their own travelling expenses! :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I don't think so. His sisters are working for him and he owes his mum big time!!

I know tickets are getting more expensive - the Canadian dates are now $40-$50. Just pointing out that he had to suck up all of his costs when he was launching his career. Everyone seems to forget he's only been doing really well for a matter of months now. It's not like he's won the lottery. He is probably still struggling to break even from all the debts he incurred a year ago.

we are getting into private again here :wink2: and honestly I can tell ya I don't really care :naughty: i doubt though he pays a salary to his sisters. i think they more "help" him in a brotherly (sisterly..?:blink: ) manner, rather than properly work for him as stylists and pr.

as for his mother, mums always give and never ask back! :bleh: at least most of them, and mrs penniman seems no different, bless her :wub2:

Thanks for posting interview, it was good to read some new stuff. Festivals? I hope its Glastonbury again as he was so awesome last time, that was when I def got Mikafied!:mf_lustslow:

free festival like in Florence pleeease????:wub2:

Mika can have all the gucci armani versace valentino prada eccc you want for gift:naughty: