London Meet Up Thread

Anzuzu

Well Thursday is in Brixton, and it's has a bit of a reputation for being rough, but I'll check out bars around there and see what's what.

If Brixton is not fun or safe we can go somewhere else..

Thank you RAK1, you are a star!

yeah, if we go to somewhere closer to central london, it'd be great. first cause many of us stay in central london, so we have a chance to go back before tube shuts down, second cause, as rose said, brixton has not exactly got a good reputation in nightime.. :boxed:

as for me, it's ok to go anywhere as long as I can come back before tube shuts, cause cabs cost a fortune in london.

and I land on the 25th in the UK, so no party before then for me. :wink2:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt will be there on time anyway. there's no way gig ends before 11pm, with the going out afterwards and stuff.

No when I went to the Mika gig it didnt finish until quarter to 11 and I bet the London gigs will be a bit longer plus the meet and greets afterwards!!!

No when I went to the Mika gig it didnt finish until quarter to 11 and I bet the London gigs will be a bit longer plus the meet and greets afterwards!!!

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for a meet and greet afterwards, being london, but we can always keep fingers crossed! I'll cross everything I can, I assure ya! :naughty:

Excellent...

I land on the 27th... so I can party on the 28th onwards only... and my hotel is in Trafalgar Square which is in central london..

sounds good to me..

we can party until the tube opens in the morning

:punk: :punk:

I am afraid I may sound like a granny, but I'd rather stick to tube NIGHT closing time.. :naughty: on the 29th I have to leave in very early afternoon and I have my share of travelling to reach airport in time for check in. if I go back to hotel in the morn (central london too), I'll be way too dead to get the trains for airport. :wink2: plus my flight is not as long as yours, so I cannot sleep on the plane. :biggrin2:

wow, from dubai for 1 gig only.. :shocked: I'm impressed!

oh indeed! I'm just hoping he does, o.c.

I'd not stick so much to the fact that they are postponed gigs, he could care less about that, the way I see it.

it's more last time he was really sick and some people at the previous uk gigs (not mfc'ers) had been a little overexcited before, so I think he just wanted to go home and rest. i'd not be totally confident as in other cities, cause it's london, you know, but one never knows, that's sure. :wink2:

oh indeed, much of my reason to come again to lond is mika o.c. and the rest if london itself and the friends. tthat alone is worth the trip! it really was in dec.! and we didn't see the like of mika then, though he did call us outside apollo. but we didn't techincally see him! :naughty: only hear him. :wink2: barely. :blink: he was so hoarse...

just realised I posted two different posts with identical start.. :boxed: how boring am I? :blink:

my friend checked obsessively temps site and she said it's gonna be rather good in feb. smt like 7 °C or smt. in daytime. it was very warm in dec. over 10°C in the day.

just realised I posted two different posts with identical start.. :boxed: how boring am I? :blink:

my friend checked obsessively temps site and she said it's gonna be rather good in feb. smt like 7 °C or smt. in daytime. it was very warm in dec. over 10°C in the day.

Woah! Not even below zero :shocked:

I guess I have to bring less clothes then. :naughty: No need for huge wintercoats or mittens. :blink:

oh, sure. when he cancelled at first I thought I'm not gonna make it again in feb. then I thought it over and decided hell, yes! :punk: I look REALLY forward to be in london again. and it's not my first mika cancellation, so I came prepared :naughty:

it'll be nice to meet ya, BTW. :thumb_yello:

LMAO your two posts on a row, cracked me up, nicole and racha. how it's all a matter of pov! :roftl:

anyway, nicole, I'd rather have ya asking londoners about it, cause a website is a website and this friend of mine is israeli, so she's a bit worried about the cold, like racha. she's getting prepared for coming in full polar gear... :naughty:

Being the UK REP I should come!!!!

I shall try to attend but I need my rest so can't judge till the day how I feel.

I think these gigs are going to :punk: RAWK anyway as the excitement is starting like it did for the Leeds gig and that was the best yet!

xx

OH MY GOD! that is cold... it's 25C here in winter!

must do some winter clothes shopping.. sounds great!

I just hope it is not too rainy

:roftl: Our posts were just the opposites!

Hun, it's even -25C here, so 10C is like heaven for me. :naughty:

LMAO your two posts on a row, cracked me up, nicole and racha. how it's all a matter of pov! :roftl:

anyway, nicole, I'd rather have ya asking londoners about it, cause a website is a website and this friend of mine is israeli, so she's a bit worried about the cold, like racha. she's getting prepared for coming in full polar gear... :naughty:

In November when we were waiting in the queue there were guys wearing only a T-shirt :shocked: I had come in erm...lets say the polar gear version.

It felt like August there! :shocked:

well, I surely hope for ya and for us all he won't cancel this time. may I ask why you doubt he will now again? cause he cancelled in past?

some canadians had come for just one gig in feb and I can imagine how much it cost, so I felt for them. :boxed: they also were in high spirits and had a great time anyway. the party without mika at bar 38 rocked! :punk: and also the rest of the hols! :bleh:

well, I surely hope for ya and for us all he won't cancel this time. may I ask why you doubt he will now again? cause he cancelled in past?

some canadians had come for just one gig in feb and I can imagine how much it cost, so I felt for them. :boxed: they also were in high spirits and had a great time anyway. the party without mika at bar 38 rocked! :punk: and also the rest of the hols! :bleh:

not exactly...all his video played non stop...and at the camden bar, again, barman forced to put LICM on:naughty:

I wonder how cold it will be in London at the end of February? :blink:

think monkeys...brass ones and you may get a clue, and our weather is so unpredictable who knows what it will do. It's always a bit warmer in Londond too than it is up t'north.