London Meet Up Thread

Anzuzu

That's a great pic, Christine.

Years ago I was friends with a girl who was a nanny to posh people, they lived in Regent's Park, anyway they had a box in the Royal Albert Hall and if they didn't want to use it, they let my friend, so we saw quite a lot of people there at one time, I even went to a prom. The best was Madam Butterfly in the round though.

I had box seats to the Millennium Proms. Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves! :tears:

I love England :wub2:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if you want to go on a tour of the area because I'll be wandering around there as much as possible. I used to work in the quad building on the left and that's one of the Royal College of Music buildings on the right. Kensington Gardens and the Albert Memorial are across the street.

I love South Kensington :wub2:

14998465_e6542311f3_b.jpg

I'm defo in for it! :thumb_yello: I want to go there 100% :wink2:

love south kensington too! :tears:

i'd love to move to london, but I'd end up in the back of beyond, so I might as well stay in the back of beyond here.. :naughty:

I'm defo in for it! :thumb_yello: I want to go there 100% :wink2:

love south kensington too! :tears:

i'd love to move to london, but I'd end up in the back of beyond, so I might as well stay in the back of beyond here.. :naughty:

I know what you mean. I needed a rich husband for box seats to the Proms and a flat so close I could walk to the Royal Albert in heels. Think I'd probably land up in a bedsit in Lewisham if left to my own resources. :thumbdown:

Oh how I love London. Someone could talk about it for hours and I would just sit and listen. :blush-anim-cl:

It'll be my first trip to London in February. I actually drove through London in November, but it was so dark outside that I had no clue where I was, I only noticed a bit of London Eye and I wanted to jump through the coach window. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

If you don't see me in the queue then I'll be somewhere, kissing Big Ben :blink:

I'll be kissing my share of big ben too. :mf_rosetinted:

in dec. I think I stared to it for a good half an hour: passing by must have thought I was mad.. well, more than I already am :blink:

and it wasn't even the first time I had seen it.. sad me.. :boxed:

I'll be kissing my share of big ben too. :mf_rosetinted:

in dec. I think I stared to it for a good half an hour: passing by must have thought I was mad.. well, more than I already am :blink:

and it wasn't even the first time I had seen it.. sad me.. :boxed:

I wouldn't be surprised if I stared it for hours also. Maybe it'll be such an emotional moment for me that I'll shed a few tears. :blink:

I wanna bring it home with me. :wub2: And London Eye also. And everything else from that marvellous city. :wub2:

you can gladly have london eye, but please, leave the big ben where it is. :mf_rosetinted:

:tears: whyyyyyy.......I can't take one and leave the other :tears:

I have no idea what I will do in London though. I'll probably take my camera and run around the city like a mad cow. :blink::naughty:

my camera sucks, so most of the pics I take are not that good.. saving for a new one.

as for the big ben.. hands off :mf_rosetinted:

how long will ya stay, nicole? all 3 gigs?

Nope. :blink:

I'll arrive on the 27th and leave on the 2nd. I'll be doing only the gig on the 28th. Sadly. But it's better than nothing. :wink2:

OF COURSE! really excited to meet all of you!

:thumb_yello:

for those who might not be able to buy the glowing heart, how are we going to recognize each other (am attending the 28th gig only)

Just jump up to everyone and ask "Are you from MFC? :shocked: Are you? Are you? Are you?"

:naughty:

In Dubai, he was really good...

and I was supposed to see him at the Olympia, last minute change of plans (could not take time off from work)...

my friends went there instead and they had a blast

Lovely! :thumb_yello: I have seen him also before and all the times the gig has been sooo good. :thumb_yello:

Just jump up to everyone and ask "Are you from MFC? :shocked: Are you? Are you? Are you?"

or sing along all the mika song NOT IN TIME and in a yety voice for the cold you probably get wandering between metro{HOT}and outside{FREEZE}

Concert in Dubai was good... but it was a festival... lot sof teenagers (am have nothing against them, but when they scream all the time, you can barely hear him... it gets a little annoying)

I think he was tired cause he did not sing relax again at the end (which he aparently did at the olympia

:(

where did you see him before?

Yup, I know. It can be really annoying, especially if they are yelling right in your ear. :boxed:

I saw him in Birmingham, in May and in november. I have been to his gigs for 3 times. :wink2:

Concert in Dubai was good... but it was a festival... lot sof teenagers (am have nothing against them, but when they scream all the time, you can barely hear him... it gets a little annoying)

I think he was tired cause he did not sing relax again at the end (which he aparently did at the olympia

:(

where did you see him before?

So,out of interest where do u live then? did u have to travel far to get to the Dubai gig?

nice!

I've been meaning to visit the UK since uni, but kept postponing it... and now by pure chance a friend of mine asked me to go with him and it was at the same time as Mika's last gig in the UK (the only gig that had available tickets!) so we thought we are meant to see him again.. since the first time was really great! we plan on watching a lot of theater in London..

can you imagine Mika doing musical theater on stage.. I think it would be fab! am sure his record company disagrees with me

:blush-anim-cl:

Theater! Lovely! I dunno what I will do in London, but I'd love to go to theatre! Oh, we'll see! I dunno what my friend wants to do.:wink2:

As long as it's a good musical then it would be ok. I guess. :naughty:

I actually live and work in Dubai.. am not from Dubai.. I like it here, it is almost 6 to 7 hours from Paris/Frankfurt

Cool, so its a long flight over to London then? Hopefully get to meet u on 28th I will be wearing a flashing heart!

put some pressure on them..

I will not miss out on the cultural scene in London.. I've always wanted visit..

thank god my friend is into the same things as me.. would be a nighmare to drag him to a concert or a musical if he is not in the mood

I guess I don't have to persuade her though. She likes theatre also. :naughty:

I know. I'd rather go alone than drag someone with me who isn't interested at all. It would ruin their mood and my mood. :thumbdown: