Conformists.......

Mika Freaka =)

Isn't it weird the way people are now liking Mika because his music has been accepted in communities?? now that there are so many ppl listening to him, others just follow..... there are so little (probably only the MFC) who liked him when you thawt you were the only one who did! i felt that way... what you think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a fan of his music since january 2007, that's quite a long time already, jeez time flies! But the artist mika, I only discovered him through here (thank god!).

The thing is, because I was a fan before he was very popular, I don't know just how popular he is... I can't look at it objectivly. To me it is like nothing changed. But I know it has, it's obvious on the forum as well, we doubled in size or something.

But well that's my experience, I just can't understand how big he is:blink: Does anyone know what I mean hahahaha:roftl:

I understand what you're saying though ;) Mika was our little discovery and we loved him early on and now a lot of people are getting into his music and that's weird. But me personally I find it a good thing if friends start to like his music! One of the reasons I joined here was because I couldn't talk about him and his music anywhere else:thumb_yello:

I understand what you're saying though ;) Mika was our little discovery and we loved him early on and now a lot of people are getting into his music and that's weird. But me personally I find it a good thing if friends start to like his music! One of the reason I joined here was because I couldn't talk about him and his music anywhere else:thumb_yello:

That's exactly why I joined here!

I understand what you're saying though ;) Mika was our little discovery and we loved him early on and now a lot of people are getting into his music and that's weird. But me personally I find it a good thing if friends start to like his music! One of the reasons I joined here was because I couldn't talk about him and his music anywhere else:thumb_yello:

lol me2! i still cant talk to them about him tho, they know nothing

Yeah definitely. Most of my friends still dont like Mika but I don't mind cos I have the mfc to chat about Mika whenever I like!

I started liking him in Jan 2007 as well when his song was on the radio occasionally and I only found about three videos of him on youtube...and now, you cant move for Mika videos! So, yeah I definitely wasn't a conformist as when I started liking him I didnt know many others who did like him! But that was one thing I loved about him,because everything about him was and still is screaming non-conformist! :wub2:

Yeah definitely. Most of my friends still dont like Mika but I don't mind cos I have the mfc to chat about Mika whenever I like!

I started liking him in Jan 2007 as well when his song was on the radio occasionally and I only found about three videos of him on youtube...and now, you cant move for Mika videos! So, yeah I definitely wasn't a conformist as when I started liking him I didnt know many others who did like him! But that was one thing I loved about him,because everything about him was and still is screaming non-conformist! :wub2:

i know what you mean, i love it when someone has their own style...... like you dont cross the lines, but you dont care much about others opinions either

Isn't it weird the way people are now liking Mika because his music has been accepted in communities?? now that there are so many ppl listening to him, others just follow..... there are so little (probably only the MFC) who liked him when you thawt you were the only one who did! i felt that way... what you think?

I know what you mean...

A few months ago, most people thought he was only another pop artist, and didn't bother to listen to his music...

I guess now he has alreday "prooved"(sp?) that he has talent (you know, with the awards and all that stuff) and lots of people are starting to pay more attention to him.

Sometimes people need to see that the artist has good reviews, otherwise they don't even try to like him...

But I'm glad Mika is getting more attention now! He deserves it! He worked so much during the past year... I'm proud of our boy! :wub2:

Yes, I feel the same you do! Here is the only place where I can talk to people who really like Mika. My friends know Mika thanks to me, but they don't really like him, so I don't talk to much about him with him.

Anyway, I guess it is not a bad thing that people now like Mika. Well, it isn't a bad thing if it isn't something of the moment. I mean, I like Mika since last year and now because of his music, his style, not because of his fame. But some people like him because he's everywhere now. So I think that's wrong! We all like Mika because of who he is and what he does. And we don't care if he sells millions of copies or he doesn't sell anything!

i know what you mean, i love it when someone has their own style...... like you dont cross the lines, but you dont care much about others opinions either

Yeah, I would rather like someone for their talent and music than like them just because everyone else does! I hate following the crowd, but luckily I dont feel like that with Mika as I liked him before he was huge! It is nice when a different kind of singer comes a long and gives us a different sound and different opinion of things. Some of the things that Mika says in his interviews really makes me think about things differently, and it is nice jus how influential he is!

I know what you mean...

A few months ago, most people thought he was only another pop artist, and didn't bother to listen to his music...

I guess now he has alreday "prooved"(sp?) that he has talent (you know, with the awards and all that stuff) and lots of people are starting to pay more attention to him.

Sometimes people need to see that the artist has good reviews, otherwise they don't even try to like him...

But I'm glad Mika is getting more attention now! He deserves it! He worked so much during the past year... I'm proud of our boy! :wub2:

yes awwww he deserves it

Anyway, I guess it is not a bad thing that people now like Mika. Well, it isn't a bad thing if it isn't something of the moment. I mean, I like Mika since last year and now because of his music, his style, not because of his fame. But some people like him because he's everywhere now. So I think that's wrong! We all like Mika because of who he is and what he does. And we don't care if he sells millions of copies or he doesn't sell anything!

Yeah, that's wrong...

But I don't think that's a problem, because Mika has lots and lots of fans that have been following him since the beginning, and won't leave him.

Of course there are many "fans" that will forget him in a couple of years, but that happens with every artist/band, so... :wink2:

Yes, I feel the same you do! Here is the only place where I can talk to people who really like Mika. My friends know Mika thanks to me, but they don't really like him, so I don't talk to much about him with him.

you said it better than me, but that was the point i tried to get to, thank you!!

they also give me a bored look if i start talking abt mika

Yeah, I would rather like someone for their talent and music than like them just because everyone else does! I hate following the crowd, but luckily I dont feel like that with Mika as I liked him before he was huge! It is nice when a different kind of singer comes a long and gives us a different sound and different opinion of things. Some of the things that Mika says in his interviews really makes me think about things differently, and it is nice jus how influential he is!

yep i agree, he is just himself... even the way he dresses! im always trying new styles lol

Yeah, that's wrong...

But I don't think that's a problem, because Mika has lots and lots of fans that have been following him since the beginning, and won't leave him.

Of course there are many "fans" that will forget him in a couple of years, but that happens with every artist/band, so... :wink2:

Yeah you seperate the true fans from the 'conformist' fans when a singer starts going out of mainstream and not being in the media so much, thats when u see who likes him for his music and talent and not jus cos lots of ppl like him!

Yeah, that's wrong...

yep i suppose

Yeah you seperate the true fans from the 'conformist' fans when a singer starts going out of mainstream and not being in the media so much, thats when u see who likes him for his music and talent and not jus cos lots of ppl like him!

yeah, the tru fan is the person who will still have his songs in their playlist even if it doesnt get played on radio or tv anymore

yeah, the tru fan is the person who will still have his songs in their playlist even if it doesnt get played on radio or tv anymore

Exactly and they will still go to the gigs no matter how small the venue and they will still be on mfc :wink2: