Dcdeb Appreciation Thread!

AKateisaKate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb is pretty much the best mod a board can hope to have. Not only is she caring, unfailingly courteous and fair, but she gives more to the board than many people here would think. I'd just like to note that it's not effortless to be so continuously level-headed and calm and soothing and the "MFC mom," and Deb is really amazing in how she handles all the squabbles and eruptions of immaturity on this board without ever resorting to squabbling and immaturity herself, no matter how frustrating things get. I know I can't say the same for myself. There should really be a dcdeb fanclub. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Deb is pretty much the best mod a board can hope to have. Not only is she caring, unfailingly courteous and fair, but she gives more to the board than many people here would think. I'd just like to note that it's not effortless to be so continuously level-headed and calm and soothing and the "MFC mom," and Deb is really amazing in how she handles all the squabbles and eruptions of immaturity on this board without ever resorting to squabbling and immaturity herself, no matter how frustrating things get. I know I can't say the same for myself. There should really be a dcdeb fanclub. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

I always like when people write what I'm thinking so much better than I can myself. Then I can just agree with them.

So obviously, I agree.

it's really redundant for me to post here...i 've known debbie for months, i met her in real life and we talk often on the phone.

but i want this to be clear to everyone...debra is one of the nicest and most intelligent person i've ever met in my whole life.

she's a bit old, as i am, and this, believe me, is something that adds value to one's character and way of approaching things.

she's got a teen son, as i've got, and this keeps us so near to the younglings issues.

so, MFCers, it's good that you rely on her and trust her. She does everything for this site's sake and i know sometimes she's got hard moments for this reason.

debra, i love you.

stay with us as long as this site goes on, we need you as a person and as a mod.

i don`t know her very well as you most of you know

but i have been here for six or seven months and she is like the most important mods...

i just wanna say she is doing a great job... other mods like Niki and Queenie sometimes post in the Argentinean Thread and now it would be nice to Deb post sometimes there... :thumb_yello:

I also think that dcdeb is a wonderful mod. All of what you said about her soothing, her availability and all the rest I agree with. I really admire her.

I just would like to add that I think all mods are doing everything they can and are doing a good job. It is not easy to handle a website, I personnally would never volunteer because it's time consuming and you get plenty of sh*t out of people.

I personnally think it is is easy to criticize people when you are not the one dealing with what they have to deal with. They're human beings just like anyone after all and they cannot deal with everything so easily.

When I read some comments I feel like being at work, except that:

1) this is a free website here, not "a service" you pay for (unless you donated, which is a different approach anyway)

2) mods here don't get paid, they're volunteers

3) some mods here have been mods for a very short time, and they have to deal with situations they have not dealt with before (personnally I think there could be a "training time" to be allowed), and I think they do a pretty good job and they put their heart in it. I do not think I would be able to handle things the way they do.

So you might think they're not perfect, no one is anyway, you might think you would have handled things differently, you would do a better job, whatever,

but i'm sure many people like me are thankful to them for dealing with stuff I don't want to have to deal with because I want my whole MFC time to be only pleasure and no hassle.

So I myself thank them ALL very much for all their efforts!!!

Well Done Deb on doing such a dedicated job on the MFC:thumb_yello:

I think all mods need three cheers. Hurrah hurrah.

Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah:naughty:

I think all our mods need to be recognised ..

All our Mods try to keep up with what's going on.. there are alot of new posts and it must get hard to keep on top of things.. especially when a threads title says one thing and then deep inside that thread everyone has gone Off Topic.. (like recently)

So I'd like to say WELL DONE to all our mods..

Dcdeb, nico_collard, Happikali, Lollipop Monkey, Niki27, Queenie & Diana..

And Sasje and Sivan for Modding when they did..

And also Sunny Monkey, Deano and Freddie cos they have kept this place organised for us all too..

Well done to ALL of you.. *Earth shattering applause*

:flowers2::groupwave:

I hate to rain on the parade and ruin what is a nice idea (it's a great idea) but does anyone else think that a thread like this, which singles out only one of our fabolous mods, might make the other mods feel underappreciated? After all, they all contribute too, and all genuinly care about the forum.

And before anyone suggests making each mod their own thread, wouldn't doing so just promote a sort of popularity contest (in terms of which mod seems to be favoured more).

So.... instead of saying hurrah to just Deb (who is great) I am going to take this opportunity to say hurrah to all the mods, who all have our best interests at heart, and who all care about this place, and give up much of their free time reading threads and arguments they might rather not, and doing everything they do to keep this forum as friendly as possible.

I think all mods need three cheers. Hurrah hurrah.

Thank ye M!

Well Done Deb on doing such a dedicated job on the MFC:thumb_yello:

Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah:naughty:

I think all our mods need to be recognised ..

All our Mods try to keep up with what's going on.. there are alot of new posts and it must get hard to keep on top of things.. especially when a threads title says one thing and then deep inside that thread everyone has gone Off Topic.. (like recently)

So I'd like to say WELL DONE to all our mods..

Dcdeb, nico_collard, Happikali, Lollipop Monkey, Niki27, Queenie & Diana..

And Sasje and Sivan for Modding when they did..

And also Sunny Monkey, Deano and Freddie cos they have kept this place organised for us all too..

Well done to ALL of you.. *Earth shattering applause*

:flowers2::groupwave:

Awwwww... thanks Kelz!!!

I agree...all the mods work hard and do a great job :thumb_yello:

However, this IS Deb's thread....and it isn't a competition so I don't mind saying how much I love her :wub2: But she knows that anyway :naughty:

All the mods give a lot of time to try and keep this place a nice place to be and Deb is a star...sometimes it is a real headache :shocked:

When I climb out of her suitcase in NYC on 2nd Feb I will give her a huge hug :naughty:

So I myself thank them ALL very much for all their efforts!!!

So.... instead of saying hurrah to just Deb (who is great) I am going to take this opportunity to say hurrah to all the mods' date=' who all have our best interests at heart, and who all care about this place, and give up much of their free time reading threads and arguments they might rather not, and doing everything they do to keep this forum as friendly as possible.[/quote']

I have to agree with Em and Soangel -- While I really really really

appreciate being appreciated (really!), I think that all the moderators

deserve a shout out! It's a great team of people and I'm

privileged to have had the chance to get to know them.

So thank you all and thank them too! :thumb_yello:

When I climb out of her suitcase in NYC on 2nd Feb I will give her a huge hug :naughty:

:shocked: Don't toy with me, woman! I shall expect you now, for real!

:wink2:

dcdeb

dcdeb

I love you deborah :crybaby:

i'm sorry.

dcdeb

Awwwwwwww ........ gayfight.gif ..... hugs all around ....... :wub2: