Mandy Moore Support MIKA?!?!?!

Sivan

HEY I WASNT!!!! i think i was the only one that shook my butt during the support acts for palladium! i felt bad for them! and i kinda liked their music :)

Yeah they were all right but they just weren't Palladium-ish, you know? They have to match up supporting and headlining bands or it's just a bad vibe.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows maybe after the show ill be like OMG I LOVE MANDY!!!! and "mika who??" :roftl: that would be funny...

LMAO! yeah RIGHT!

That would be hilarious!! Then Mika would go home and cry :naughty:

Really? I actually thought she did more than that, didn't she? Haha

I think she did 5...I don't know, let's ask Sivan

Sivan??? How many songs did Sara Bareilles perform at the Avalon?

HEY I WASNT!!!! i think i was the only one that shook my butt during the support acts for palladium! i felt bad for them! and i kinda liked their music :)

I'm with you, I too was shaking my booty during their shows, they are very addictive. I was shaking it too when Yelle played Munich and Brixton, her drummer Grand Marnier is REALLY good.

Opening acts are horrible. why do you need opening acts!? I feel like I'm gonna explode while I'm waiting, because its so close but you have to wait ugh!! It feel like 5 hours!!! :sneaky2: Most opening acts are pretty bad too, but sara and mandy are good-ish. Sorry for you guys that dont like her :wink2:

I liked her in a walk to remember :blush-anim-cl:

lol opening acts arent always that bad :P

when i went to see Gwen Stefani, she had Akon and Lady Sovereign opening for her. I never really liked them, but seeing them live I actually like them now :bleh:

But I doubt that will happen with The Midway State ..... muahahhaah

lol opening acts arent always that bad :P

when i went to see Gwen Stefani, she had Akon and Lady Sovereign opening for her. I never really liked them, but seeing them live I actually like them now :bleh:

But I doubt that will happen with The Midway State ..... muahahhaah

Akon? naa :thumbdown:

But seeing people live changes your opinion of them somtimes. Someone that you dont like, you might suddenly like :wink2: sometimes.

The opening acts I've seen are this horrible band called Black Mountain :shocked: who names their band black mountain!?

anyways... black mountain, and then this other band that was really bad and i cannot remember their name, and then sara :)

that's it

Opening acts are horrible. why do you need opening acts!? I feel like I'm gonna explode while I'm waiting, because its so close but you have to wait ugh!! It feel like 5 hours!!! :sneaky2: Most opening acts are pretty bad too, but sara and mandy are good-ish. Sorry for you guys that dont like her :wink2:

I liked her in a walk to remember :blush-anim-cl:

not allways.... im going to see matchbox twenty and the support is ALANIS MORRISSET :D i regreted for years for not seeing her in israel... but now i can see her with matchbox :):thumb_yello:

Daughtry couldn't be any further from Lemar. He's more like a lead singer of a rock band than a solo artist. Something like Bon Jovi, but his vocals are better than Jon Bon Jovi.

And I like his bald head. :roftl:

I just can't... it's... it's... scary, is the only word I can come up with... :naughty:

My son (who is a Daughtry fan) tells me I shouldn't care what the singer

looks like if I like the music.

Fair enough. I don't like the music :bleh:

But, FTR, I DO like Bon Jovi. But then again, HE'S nice to look at...

Hmmm... maybe I'm starting to see a pattern... :wink2:

I agree with Deb about Midway State, since I was looking at their MySpace the other day and they are very close to Daughtry and nothing like Mika at all. Well, except when I scrolled down I thought this dude was Mika..

Well, that's true enough, there's a resemblance.

Is Mandy Moore only opening for Mika in LA?

...Please?

Oh, thank God. I am trying to find any info about the Chicago gig, but haven't seen anything about her opening.

Gah. As I wrote a few posts back, Midway State is opening for the whole

tour EXCEPT in

LA... it's on their myspace page and their website...

http://www.myspace.com/themidwaystate

I thought we were getting that sucky Daughtry band.

You ARE! And Creature! It's a twofer! :thumb_yello: (Or a threefer,

depending on how you look at it...)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48212926

Poor Mandy. All those Mika fans in the front row are really going to make for a bad audience.

You should have seen the MFCers at the Palladium gig. During the opening acts we were all actually sitting on the floor and talking to each other, often facing away from the stage. Worst audience ever.

I would hate to be an opening act. I actually really thought

Sara Bareilles was great, but she was Not Mika, and when all

you really want to see is Mika, that's a drawback, you know?

I liked Palladium fine, but again: Not Mika.

I understand why they have the opening acts, but honestly they

just get in the way of the main event, don't they?

Now, TBH, I don't love Mandy Moore, but I think I would rather be

ignoring her for a half hour, than the Midway State... but in the

end, they are both Not Mika, so I guess it really isn't going to matter

much.

*sigh*

dcdeb

Mandy Moore??? Really??? :mf_lustslow:

That actually makes me really happy, lol. I'll help to offset the anti-Mandy in the front row. :roftl:

I really love her song "Cry" - it reminds me of a particularly nice summer way back when. And the fact that the girl is mad hot doesn't hurt, either. :thumb_yello:

not allways.... im going to see matchbox twenty and the support is ALANIS MORRISSET :D i regreted for years for not seeing her in israel... but now i can see her with matchbox :):thumb_yello:

AWWW! You won't be disappointed, Alanis is awesome live.

It's funny, I was going to sit through a Britney Spears concert, just to see her support act, who was JC Chasez! Things you would do for artists you love. Didn't happen in the end though, Britney broke her knee.

You ARE! And Creature! It's a twofer! :thumb_yello: (Or a threefer, depending on how you look at it...)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=48212926

No, The Midway State is not opening in Toronto. It's just Creature.

I really love her song "Cry" - it reminds me of a particularly nice summer way back when. And the fact that the girl is mad hot doesn't hurt, either. :thumb_yello:

Actually I have a soft spot for Cry too. But I don't want to see her live, especially after I just watched that embarrassing cover of Umbrella.

Mandy Moore represents everything that is wrong with American music in the past 10 or 15 years. Mika is the antithesis of that. Mandy Moore opening for Mika is just wrong.

Hmm...I'm not sure how to react...

I mean I don't hate her, but she's not really the type of singer that I really enjoy and would want to listen to...

I know its just an opening act, don't get me wrong....but after we've stood in line for like seven hours...we just want to see Mika, dang it!:blink:

No, The Midway State is not opening in Toronto. It's just Creature.

Ooops, my bad. I thought I saw both Canadian dates on their page.

But Montreal has both, no?

Mandy Moore represents everything that is wrong with American music in the past 10 or 15 years. Mika is the antithesis of that. Mandy Moore opening for Mika is just wrong.

That's it exactly.

dcdeb

Phew!

...But I just checked out The Midway State on Myspace. I'm not liking that too much either. They're not horrible, but I think I might be put to sleep. I guess that'll just make Mika THAT much better though!

The sooner you go to sleep the sooner Mika comes out on stage. If you'd like I can bring you a couple colorful rubber bands. I know you like those they can keep you entertained.

:fisch:

But what do I know, can't judge until I hear them. :wink2:

Actually I have a soft spot for Cry too. But I don't want to see her live, especially after I just watched that embarrassing cover of Umbrella.

I wouldn't really want to see Mandy Moore live either.... but I wouldn't say she represents everything that is wrong with American music. I can think of about 200 other people who truly represent what is wrong with American Music, but Mandy wouldn't be in that list for me. :roftl: Mandy is the antithesis of Britney and Britney would be in my top 200 list..... (sorry)

But how about those Mandy fans who are now rushing out to buy tickets to see her in concert only to find out that the tickets are all sold out to Mika fans????? It will be a tough night for her. :naughty: :naughty: A very strange pairing....hmmmmm

I wouldn't really want to see Mandy Moore live either.... but I wouldn't say she represents everything that is wrong with American music. I can think of about 200 other people who truly represent what is wrong with American Music, but Mandy wouldn't be in that list for me. :roftl: Mandy is the antithesis of Britney and Britney would be in my top 200 list..... (sorry)

But how about those Mandy fans who are now rushing out to buy tickets to see her in concert only to find out that the tickets are all sold out to Mika fans????? It will be a tough night for her. :naughty: :naughty: A very strange pairing....hmmmmm

You say that as if American music is a disease or something. We have contributed some good music, you know! :sneaky2::wink2:

You say that as if American music is a disease or something. We have contributed some good music, you know! :sneaky2::wink2:

Oh don't worry, Canadian music is right up there with the American music so I'm not slagging off Americans.

It's not even that it's all bad - like unpleasant to listen to. It's just so lame and unimaginative and boring.

I'm so over that whiny angsty teen music, especially since in many cases now it's being sung by 35 year olds who haven't changed the record in 15 years. I can't even keep these Canadian bands straight. It all sounds exactly the same to me.

And stuff like Bon Jovi and Britney Spears makes me want to poke my ear drums out. Even with technology they sound tone deaf. I can't listen to it.