Australia Day!!!

nico_collard

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all more than welcome!! :thumb_yello:

Australian Sunset on the Great Ocean Road (which I love)

there's a few of the 12 Apostles in this pic (the big rocks)

australia_coast.jpg

By day:

12apostles.jpg

The London Bridge on the Great ocean road how it used to look

london-bridge-komplett.jpg

And now: renamed as the London Arch when the bridge collapsed

great_ocean_road_london_bridge_145.jpg

The Beaches along the Great Ocean road are beautiful!!

The road is crazy to drive on because it's constant turns...

svOCEANROAD_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

It's like this most the way. It's 273km long

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ocean_Road

oh my god...i suddenly realise that i know almost nothing about yr country...

i loved to read through all thread!

pls go one and post more wonders!

happikali, what a gorgeous place you live in!

if mika is not coming (not talking seriously!), i'll plan a personal tour there!:naughty:

..........no comments please!

You .....

I'd love to visit Autralia one day !

:wub2:

australia.jpg

Australia.jpg

You .....

:shocked: UAO...

..who lodge me?:wub2:

.... & You can come & stay with us here ..... :wub2:

Greta!! I just read your siggy.. lmao!!

I think I have sinned..

I must repent...

Before Mika wipes Oz off the map :sneaky2:

'Oh great and mighty Mika..forgive me for all my dirty jokes and horrible accusations that you do not care.. I see now that you ignore us because we are dirty little bastards.. we are not worthy.. how can I ever make it up to you :das:

I am sorry almighty one, I did not mean to wiggle my eyebrows suggestively.. it's just a twitch.. I'll get it fixed... please please forgive me!! Please do not punish Australia because we are sarcastic tarts with spasmodic eyebrow muscles!!

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name... '

I will not wiggle my eyebrows at Mika

:naughty:

I think I have sinned..

I must repent...

'Oh great and mighty Mika..forgive me for all my dirty jokes and horrible accusations that you do not care.. I see now that you ignore us because we are dirty little bastards.. we are not worthy.. how can I ever make it up to you :das:

I am sorry almighty one, I did not mean to wiggle my eyebrows suggestively.. it's just a twitch.. I'll get it fixed... please please forgive me!! Please do not punish Australia because we are sarcastic tarts with spasmodic eyebrow muscles!!

:lmao:

the anathema is not mine btw..stolen from MuchoMacho:cool:

I think I have sinned..

I must repent...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! KZ ..... you truly are a total (lovely) loony !!!!!:insane::roftl:

Tawny Frogmouth - they are the funniest things to feed :roftl:

Frogmouth_Tawny2_Cook.jpg

Feed? Like, stick out some fruit and have it eat it? You can't be serious. :shocked: That thing looks like it would take your arm off.

Sigh. You know, as a Canadian, it would be relatively easy for me to qualify for a one year working holiday in Australia.

But, it's kinda hard to pack up and move around the world for a year when you have a spouse, a pair of dogs and a mortgage. :tears:

Oh Goodness, I just about wet myself. :roftl:

Look at that wombat! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Isn't he beautiful? :wub2:

In lieu of giving our wedding guests tacky wedding favours this summer, my fiance and I are instead making a donation to the San Diego Zoo to go toward the care of their wombats. I am seriously obsessed. :blush-anim-cl:

In lieu of giving our wedding guests tacky wedding favours this summer, my fiance and I are instead making a donation to the San Diego Zoo to go toward the care of their wombats. I am seriously obsessed. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh wow! That is fantastic. :thumb_yello: Good onya!

:shocked: YES YES YES LM !!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL !!!!! :wub2::thumb_yello:

And let us not forget one of my fave Aussie birds ......

The Superb Lyrebird ....... they imitate ALL sounds ..... including chainsaws ...... we have them here on our property ....

Lol! That is hilarious, I've never heard of them.

Australian Sunset on the Great Ocean Road (which I love)

there's a few of the 12 Apostles in this pic (the big rocks)

The London Bridge on the Great ocean road how it used to look

The Beaches along the Great Ocean road are beautiful!!

The road is crazy to drive on because it's constant turns...

It's like this most the way. It's 273km long

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ocean_Road

I have so always wanted to drive around Australia, I hope to be able to convince my friends to next summer :thumb_yello:

LOL LOL :roftl:

Feed? Like, stick out some fruit and have it eat it? You can't be serious. That thing looks like it would take your arm off.

Yeah, it looks like it would bite off your arm because they don't eat fruit :naughty:

Nope, we feed them dead mice. You have to dangle them over their head and they open their HUGE mouths and you drop it in. :thumb_yello:

Oh Goodness, I just about wet myself.

Look at that wombat!

LOL! Yeah, I googled "[animal] funny" for those pictures :naughty:

I love that wombat.

In lieu of giving our wedding guests tacky wedding favours this summer, my fiance and I are instead making a donation to the San Diego Zoo to go toward the care of their wombats. I am seriously obsessed.

I don't mean to make anything less of your idea or anything ... but zoos can fund the care of their animals from entrance fees/etc, your money would go to much better use in some kind of native conservation project that is actually helping the animal ...

eg. http://www.wombatfoundation.com.au/index.html

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!! WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Australia day is not for at least another 3 hours! :naughty:

And why did none of the Aussies make a thread for Scut in my absence??? HUH???

Because Suzy bet us to it...

I hadn't even noticed it was past midnight until I noticed the thread :naughty:

So she got in early then... following my lead...

LOL - yes I did! I didn't want to miss her birthday (thought I'd be at work stuck in meetings and wasn't sure to be home for the evening). Besides - she only reminded everyone several times before the big day...:naughty:

But I really came to post on this thread to wish you all a

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Looking at the photos, facts, and your post of pride for your country makes me wish my parents decided to choose Australia instead of Canada to immigrate to. They would have only had to travel south a few kilometres (from the Philippines) rather than go across to the other side of the world. And the weather would have been a lot more welcoming - that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong..Canada's an amazing country. Especially in the next several days because Mika is coming. :naughty: It's diverse and is one of only a few countries that recognize (legalize) same-sex marriage.

But it's friggin' cold.:blink:

I would love to come to Australia one day. I predict sometime in 2009 (maybe for Mika's second album). But of course, I sure hope Mika gets there for you lot, before I do....:naughty:

Oh ..... & this is my Howie surfing at one of our local beaches ...... (the Verandah heads will recognise this beach)

Horvath.jpg

THE BEACH!!!!

Yay!!!

Its a great place. Wish I was back there. Would have been awesome to spend to Australia there

ooooh yeah!

But I like the way I celebrate Aussie day... spend part of it in a kilt, the other half in swimmers... noice!

Hahahahahah .... & here we are scrimping & saving to try & come to you .... !!!!

Oh yes!!!

Seems Zoe might be coming with us in July... maybe...

Yay Australia! We wuv youuu.

We wuv us too!!! :naughty:

LOL - yes I did! I didn't want to miss her birthday (thought I'd be at work stuck in meetings and wasn't sure to be home for the evening). Besides - she only reminded everyone several times before the big day...:naughty:

But I really came to post on this thread to wish you all a

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Looking at the photos, facts, and your post of pride for your country makes me wish my parents decided to choose Australia instead of Canada to immigrate to. They would have only had to travel south a few kilometres (from the Philippines) rather than go across to the other side of the world. And the weather would have been a lot more welcoming - that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong..Canada's an amazing country. Especially in the next several days because Mika is coming. :naughty: It's diverse and is one of only a few countries that recognize (legalize) same-sex marriage.

But it's friggin' cold.:blink:

I would love to come to Australia one day. I predict sometime in 2009 (maybe for Mika's second album). But of course, I sure hope Mika gets there for you lot, before I do....:naughty:

Yes well... maybe your parents looked forward into the future and saw that Mika would visit there more than Oz...

And the way he's going, both you and Freddie will visit here before he comes again... :sneaky2: