The Australian Thread: Part Eight

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance I keep meaning to try, and I'm doing bodyvive this week, because its at the same time as dads bowling on wednesday and the gym is right next door.

We have a bodyblast class.... but I'm not game to try yet

We don't have either of those :thumbdown: Well, I've never heard of them...

Oh and lookie what I had with lunch yesterday :wink2:

IMGP0001.jpg

A cookie? :bleh: I've never had a Subway cookie actually, are they nice? How much are they? I love Subway, mostly because it is so cheap :naughty: I wish we had a Subway on campus :thumbdown: The onyl thing I can afford is basically ... a muffin - which go for the price of a Subway sandwich, would you fricking believe?

*begin rant on food prices*

Everything has gone up in price since last semester! Chips started at $3.10 at the begining of last year, and creeped up to $3.50 by the end, whilst also about halving in size - but now they are $4.10! Spinach and Ricotta rolls (which I used to often get) went from $2 to $3.80 - whaaat? :mad3:

We don't have either of those :thumbdown: Well, I've never heard of them...

A cookie? :bleh: I've never had a Subway cookie actually, are they nice? How much are they? I love Subway, mostly because it is so cheap :naughty: I wish we had a Subway on campus :thumbdown: The onyl thing I can afford is basically ... a muffin - which go for the price of a Subway sandwich, would you fricking believe?

*begin rant on food prices*

Everything has gone up in price since last semester! Chips started at $3.10 at the begining of last year, and creeped up to $3.50 by the end, whilst also about halving in size - but now they are $4.10! Spinach and Ricotta rolls (which I used to often get) went from $2 to $3.80 - whaaat? :mad3:

It's a mika cookie (their only 85c but you get 2 with the meals, or 3 for $2)

My uni doesn't have a subway, shame. I have a habit of getting tuna hand rolls/sushi rolls because their cheap and healthy, or the $3 pizza slice.

Most things are very expensive though, some of the places that sell food aren't too bad.

Is bodyvive like a lower impact of jam done to 70's music with a ball? (that sounds bizarre writing it!) I think that is what our instructor told us about ages ago, we don't have it (yet!) and may not get it cause the rec centre would have to buy the balls...

I haven't had a mika cookie in ages.......

Am currently starving after not eating brekky so might go get something from the shops.

Lost my connection for a second there :thumbdown:

Pump does sound funny that way.

Their all pretty funny when you're doing them and everyone else is in rhythm and you're the one person out of it :naughty:

And I keep meaning to convince my brother to come to one of them, but he refuses. I reckon it would be worth a laugh

Lol, so sad that we find that funny, but my jaw always hurts [from smiling] just as much as any other part of my body :naughty:

Liz makes the best Mika cookies

Were these cookies shaped like Mika, etc? If so, I have seen them somehow ... *wonders how*

It's a mika cookie (their only 85c but you get 2 with the meals, or 3 for $2)

My uni doesn't have a subway, shame. I have a habit of getting tuna hand rolls/sushi rolls because their cheap and healthy, or the $3 pizza slice.

Most things are very expensive though, some of the places that sell food aren't too bad.

Lol, is it actually called a Mika cookie? :blink: Or is there some kind of in-joke I am not aware of?

That's pretty good *plans to have a cookie next time*

UWA has a "make your own" salad rolls kind of thing for $4, I wish we had something like that, the only rolls you can buy here are from Aroma, and they cost $9! :thumbdown:

I do rejoice when there are fundraising BBQ's though ... which is basically every second day :bleh:

Is bodyvive like a lower impact of jam done to 70's music with a ball? (that sounds bizarre writing it!) I think that is what our instructor told us about ages ago, we don't have it (yet!) and may not get it cause the rec centre would have to buy the balls...

Am currently starving after not eating brekky so might go get something from the shops.

Yeah I think so... I know it uses a ball :naughty:

I figure I should give it a shot. Our gym has so many of the programs

Lost my connection for a second there :thumbdown:

Lol, so sad that we find that funny, but my jaw always hurts [from smiling] just as much as any other part of my body :naughty:

Were these cookies shaped like Mika, etc? If so, I have seen them somehow ... *wonders how*

Lol, is it actually called a Mika cookie? :blink: Or is there some kind of in-joke I am not aware of?

That's pretty good *plans to have a cookie next time*

UWA has a "make your own" salad rolls kind of thing for $4, I wish we had something like that, the only rolls you can buy here are from Aroma, and they cost $9! :thumbdown:

I do rejoice when there are fundraising BBQ's though ... which is basically every second day :bleh:

Dc dubbed them Mika cookies on the 2nd of june... so its an in joke. And liz's were the same as the subway ones but so much better.

Uni food is always a rip off

*imagines ways in which she could injure herself attempting to dance with a ball*

Yeah, I guess my gym is too cheap to buy balls too :naughty:

Has anyone ever done Step? Been meaning to try that ... sounds like it would be fun[ny]...

*thinks about the Everybody Loves Raymond episode*

*imagines ways in which she could injure herself attempting to dance with a ball*

Yeah, I guess my gym is too cheap to buy balls too :naughty:

Has anyone ever done Step? Been meaning to try that ... sounds like it would be fun[ny]...

*thinks about the Everybody Loves Raymond episode*

I haven't done step... I keep meaning to do that, or combo (which is step, attack and another one combined)

Dc dubbed them Mika cookies on the 2nd of june... so its an in joke. And liz's were the same as the subway ones but so much better.

Uni food is always a rip off

Lol - *wants to try a 'mika' cookie*

I am horrific at baking cookies. Cookies and me just don't work together. I always end up with a thin tray-sized cookie that is burnt :blink: Except for ONCE. One time I made actual cookies that worked, and I was just completely shocked. I think I wrote a blog about it :naughty: But then I tried again and failed :roftl:

Urgh

*wishes she got up in time to make some lunch, or at least eat breakfast*

Lol, yay, the person who decided to sit behind me in my little "enclave" has left. My spastic typing style probably drove her away :naughty:

Lol - *wants to try a 'mika' cookie*

I am horrific at baking cookies. Cookies and me just don't work together. I always end up with a thin tray-sized cookie that is burnt :blink: Except for ONCE. One time I made actual cookies that worked, and I was just completely shocked. I think I wrote a blog about it :naughty: But then I tried again and failed :roftl:

Urgh

*wishes she got up in time to make some lunch, or at least eat breakfast*

Lol, yay, the person who decided to sit behind me in my little "enclave" has left. My spastic typing style probably drove her away :naughty:

I can make cookies... I just choose not to most of the time. Laziness, its a curse.

And congrats on scaring the person away.

I can make cookies... I just choose not to most of the time. Laziness, its a curse.

And congrats on scaring the person away.

It is, you should check for a curse-baggy-thing. *watched that witch episode of Supernatural twice yesterday ... 100% because she was too lazy to turn off the TV when it started playing the episode she had just watched on the computer*

Thanks :original: Contributing factors other than my irratic key-stabbing may have been the muffled laughter, or the "TAKE THAT YOU STUPID BOW THING!" (exclaimed when I ripped the stupid looking bow off of my [new] top).

It is, you should check for a curse-baggy-thing. *watched that witch episode of Supernatural twice yesterday ... 100% because she was too lazy to turn off the TV when it started playing the episode she had just watched on the computer*

Thanks :original: Contributing factors other than my irratic key-stabbing may have been the muffled laughter, or the "TAKE THAT YOU STUPID BOW THING!" (exclaimed when I ripped the stupid looking bow off of my [new] top).

I watched that episode as well.... *checks for a hex bag* Nope... all good.

And irratic key stabbing is good, as is muffled laughter. I'm a speed typer, and that normally scares most people away, the sounds of my fingers rapidly hitting the keys gets irritating.

Adds tip # 5... don't mess with the aussies

:mf_rosetinted:

Suprsingly its not that big a gym...

We do have a number of classes.

(and we don't have body blast, my mistake, we have a mini body attack class which is about the same)

http://www.inputfitness.com.au/fitness_classes2.htm

http://www.aquajetty.ymca.org.au/health/group_fitness/group_fitness.html

Hey! I do have Bobyvive! And we have the same water-one as you (plus 3 others :shocked:). I wonder when it's on. I want to do it now!

http://www.aquajetty.ymca.org.au/health/group_fitness/group_fitness.html

Hey! I do have Bobyvive! And we have the same water-one as you (plus 3 others :shocked:). I wonder when it's on. I want to do it now!

You'd want to go to the Aqua one then, the others are the low impact ones that have more oldies (we don't have the others :bleh:)

And you could go at 6.30 on monday or wednesdays *randomnly looked up the timetable*

Or 9am some days

Hey guys, i was driving in my car this morning and i almost died when i heard 'Big Girls' come on the radio!!!! :mf_lustslow: It was the first time they'd aired it on my local radio station, and gosh was i soooooo excited!! My mum and i were dancing away as cars drove past with people with odd expresisons on their faces hehehe! Was a lucky thing i didnt have an accident!!! :shocked:

I watched that episode as well.... *checks for a hex bag* Nope... all good.

And irratic key stabbing is good, as is muffled laughter. I'm a speed typer, and that normally scares most people away, the sounds of my fingers rapidly hitting the keys gets irritating.

Adds tip # 5... don't mess with the aussies

:mf_rosetinted:

I really jab hard at them. I once had a really dodgy keyboard, that I had to jab strongly at, and the technique has stayed with me. People have commented on the volume at which I type. Too bad, deal with it :sneaky2::naughty:

Damn straight!:bleh:

Hmmm, I can go Monday or Wednesday, which instructor would you go with - Sheree or Tim?

I really jab hard at them. I once had a really dodgy keyboard, that I had to jab strongly at, and the technique has stayed with me. People have commented on the volume at which I type. Too bad, deal with it :sneaky2::naughty:

Damn straight!:bleh:

Hmmm, I can go Monday or Wednesday, which instructor would you go with - Sheree or Tim?

I had that problem with my old laptop when keys would get stuck, so some keys I hit harder than others.

And I'd say go to both :bleh: They might have different ways of doing it, and then decide

You'd want to go to the Aqua one then, the others are the low impact ones that have more oldies (we don't have the others :bleh:)

And you could go at 6.30 on monday or wednesdays *randomnly looked up the timetable*

Or 9am some days

LOL! It's alright, I've been perving on your site too. *is pathetically bored*

So are there any oldies in the Aqua one? :naughty:

Hey guys, i was driving in my car this morning and i almost died when i heard 'Big Girls' come on the radio!!!! :mf_lustslow: It was the first time they'd aired it on my local radio station, and gosh was i soooooo excited!! My mum and i were dancing away as cars drove past with people with odd expresisons on their faces hehehe! Was a lucky thing i didnt have an accident!!! :shocked:

Lol! Yayyy! *can just imagine the faces of other people*

I am still yet to hear it :thumbdown: But that is mostly because I've just recently burnt my "live Mika" cd, and have been listening obsessively to that :naughty:

I had that problem with my old laptop when keys would get stuck, so some keys I hit harder than others.

And I'd say go to both :bleh: They might have different ways of doing it, and then decide

Lol, still do it now, then? My shift key has given up, since my dog ripped it out, so it's pretty much just sitting losely on there, and I have to really push on it hard to get it to work properly :thumbdown:

:bleh: Alright then.

I'm such a slow replier, I'm always replying to the posts before my last one :naughty:

LOL! It's alright, I've been perving on your site too. *is pathetically bored*

So are there any oldies in the Aqua one? :naughty:

Yeah there's a few. I think there's more in the day class (we have a midday class) than the evening though. Last night was a busy class, the heat brought everyone out

Lol, still do it now, then? My shift key has given up, since my dog ripped it out, so it's pretty much just sitting losely on there, and I have to really push on it hard to get it to work properly :thumbdown:

:bleh: Alright then.

I'm such a slow replier, I'm always replying to the posts before my last one :naughty:

Yeah still do it now.

My L key for a week or so was broken, but I fixed it... and the arrow key is stuck onto the keyboard... all this is the brothers fault.

And I'm a slow replier somedays, it depends on what i'm doing

Yeah there's a few. I think there's more in the day class (we have a midday class) than the evening though. Last night was a busy class, the heat brought everyone out

Yeah still do it now.

My L key for a week or so was broken, but I fixed it... and the arrow key is stuck onto the keyboard... all this is the brothers fault.

And I'm a slow replier somedays, it depends on what i'm doing

:naughty: Okay, evening class it is then :bleh:

Lol - stupid brother :thumbdown:

Watching tv is the worst :naughty:

Okay, I have to run and get some lunch (:thumbdown:) and then have a bunch of lectures in a row (:thumbdown:) Back in a few hours :bleh:

Bye OkD!

I haven't done step... I keep meaning to do that, or combo (which is step, attack and another one combined)

Yeah, our step looks pretty hard- it is full of oldies who have been doing it for years and are experts. I guess I would pick it after a while but don't want to look like a diick for those first few lessons! And the mini body attack would be just like blast. We used to have attack after jam on a thurs but I preferred to do the half hour abs, butt & thigh class & then jam.

Oh, how exciting! I think it is coming on v2 in the next 5 or so songs, they are playing the same countdown from the other day, but the strange thing it is called weekend love songs and somehow BG is at number 12 (I think) LT would have been more appropriate!