Fans get animated over Cartoon tunes

greta

http://winnipegsun.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/01/29/4799136-sun.html

Two songs on dance-pop star Mika monster-selling debut, Life In Cartoon Motion, have drawn major fan reaction.

First there's Billy Brown, which details a married man having a homosexual affair.

"It's based on a friend of mine -- that's all I can say and it's a good story," Mika told Sun Media. "You'd be surprised the amount of e-mails (I get) going, 'You have no idea. I know a Billy Brown!' or 'My cousin's father is a Billy Brown!' It's almost become a slogan in it's own way."

As for his own sexuality, which is the subject of much speculation by his fans and the media, it's no one's business, really.

"I'm fiercely private," he said. "Almost every single personal aspect of my life is kept very tightly under wraps and it's a lot easier than you think. Most of the time it just has to do with keeping my big fat mouth shut."

Another reaction-provoking song is Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), which he said he wrote "as a message to my mom because I had grown up with someone who was larger than every other mother. Other people had always seemed to have a problem with it but I never seemed to.

"I get lots of fans responding positively to that song," Mika said. "I get a lot of positive press out of that song and I get a lot of extremely bitter, bigoted negative press about that song, quite frankly. I get the whole range."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reaction-provoking song is Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), which he said he wrote "as a message to my mom because I had grown up with someone who was larger than every other mother. Other people had always seemed to have a problem with it but I never seemed to.

Thanks for posting Greta .. I always thought Big Girl was written about the Butterfly lounge ......

Thanks for posting Greta .. I always thought Big Girl was written about the Butterfly lounge ......

well, it can be both....song inspired by the BL on tv & dedicated to mamy Penniman:wink2:

probably he made that precisation to state that he don't wanna encourage obesity :P

Really good! I loved what he said. Now that people know that Big Girl is written for his mother. they might stop dissing the song, and now that they know Billy Brown is written about a friend of his, they may stop thinking it's about Mika HIMSELF!!Thanks for the post. Edit: He has said in interviews that, even though he wrote BG, about the Butterfly Lounge, he also wanted to praise big women, and that his family (mostly women) were big. He also said he was big himself and people used to call him, "The boy with childbearing hips". So he hasn't contradicted himself in the interview.

Love today, from Marilyn

Thanks for posting.

Hey, aren't you supposed to do something else or are you already finished with that?:naughty:

would you all finish to try makin' me feel guilty???

I'm the procrastinations princess:naughty: before the pleasure, after the duty:cool: