The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

well... not under the pression i'm going through :wink2: i guess i'll have to make first my own money to change anything in my life...

Yes, but that's my point: that even if NOW it's not possible, at some stage you will have the chance to go towards a different direction...Or you could use the knowledge that you got with the medicine, to go into a different field which is sort of related...there are often many paths that we don't think of (I am especially bad at seeing those things)

My mum totally changed careers well into her 40's and became a psychologist, and she enjoys her job SO much now...

Oh well, like they say: the only fixed thing in life is change:thumb_yello: . Or similar.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question to you who have been to Brixton and Hammersmith:

Is there a balcony?

And do you have to have a special ticket to get up there?:thumb_yello:

I have “general admission.”

general admission is downstairs standed... upstairs (balcony) is "seated unreserved"

I have a question to you who have been to Brixton and Hammersmith:

Is there a balcony?

And do you have to have a special ticket to get up there?:thumb_yello:

I have “general admission.”

You'll be down there with (us) the plebs baby!! :roftl:

general admission is downstairs standed... upstairs (balcony) is "seated unreserved"

I wonder if there is a chance to change the ticket?

To upstairs.

I’m a bit scared of what happened in New York.:shocked:

To upstairs.

well... as you want, i have a seated ticket for the 26th, what date do you want ? but i'm not sure it's worth it...

To upstairs.

Hmm...I don't think that he/they is gonna repeat it, and the way Brixton is set up, there's no way that he can get people on stage like that. Security are very anal and would NEVER allow it, and they are standing between the barrier and the stage...I think the risk is minimal to be honest.

Plus I'm sure Mika already got the feedback and won't be repeating it.:thumb_yello:

Oh, you’re so sweet!:wub2:

Will you protect me against the crowding then?

What does plebs mean?:wink2:

I'll protect you, I can get pretty agressive if it's required:naughty: . Plebs are the opposite of aristocracy, lol!

well... as you want, i have a seated ticket for the 26th, what date do you want ? but i'm not sure it's worth it...

I will absolutely think about it!:thumb_yello:

Hmm...I don't think that he/they is gonna repeat it, and the way Brixton is set up, there's no way that he can get people on stage like that. Security are very anal and would NEVER allow it, and they are standing between the barrier and the stage...I think the risk is minimal to be honest.

Plus I'm sure Mika already got the feedback and won't be repeating it.:thumb_yello:

Sounds good!:thumb_yello:

I hope they really told him off!:naughty:

I'll protect you, I can get pretty agressive if it's required:naughty: . Plebs are the opposite of aristocracy, lol!

Haha, I love that!:roftl:

I’m feeling a little better now, talking to you guys, but I have been thinking a lot about the coming gigs and the things that has happened lately.:blink:

Haha, I love that!:roftl:

I’m feeling a little better now, talking to you guys, but I have been thinking a lot about the coming gigs and the things that has happened lately.:blink:

I understand that, but I really think that they let their guard down in the US cause he's less famous there, so they were probably expecting less issues and not so many histerical fans...I think that in London they are pretty much expecting that, so they'll be super careful about these things.

I may be wrong but I don't think I am:naughty: .

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm almost certain Mika is not going to come anywhere near the audience at Brixton. There is a huge gap between the barrier and the stage - it was enough for Andy to go running through with his camera filming the audience while security stood guard in front or behind him.

Security is standing there the entire time and give people water or help them out if they aren't well. If NY was anything like Toronto the security was nowhere to be found if you were up against the barrier.

In Toronto it took us 5 minutes to get someone's attention and even when they came over they ignored our pleas for help. At Brixton security blocked my view by standing in front of me all night. It really annoyed me but I didn't need to fear for my safety.

If you're at the front in Brixton and you find it generally uncomfortable because people are pushing and shoving or whatever, you can always get away and move to the back. We were lucky last time and everyone around us gave us a wide berth. If you're not right in the centre people tend to be a little more relaxed.

Thank you both Christine and Sariflor.:thumb_yello:

Maybe I am a little of a coward but those reports from New York really scared me.

We had crowding and pushing in Stockholm too but I don’t think it was as bad as they had in NY.

I wrote to Dcdb about it and she had got a lot of PMs about the same thing and said they wore going to forward them to Mikas management.

I wrote to Dcdb about it and she had got a lot of PMs about the same thing and said they wore going to forward them to Mikas management.

I'm just really surprised he needs to be told. Andy was standing on a little shelf on the stage side of the barrier before the show in Toronto. I asked him to tell Mika to do the same thing when he came out and Andy seemed to think Mika might be up for it.

The crowd was so mental I wasn't surprised that he didn't do it because we would have been crushed if he'd jumped down in front of us. I thought he could sense when the crowd was a bit out of control and acted accordingly.

I understand why he pulled people on stage in Boston because it's very different in a seated venue. We talked about this before the tour started because Michael Buble came into the crowd recently in Toronto and there were no problems because people act a lot different when they are separated and easily identifiable than when they are anonymous in a tightly packed mob.

It should have been obvious to Mika that it was going to cause chaos in a venue like NY. This kind of thing happened all the time when I went to metal concerts in the 80s and you get out of it fairly unscathed, but there are a lot of older and younger people in Mika's audience who aren't going to be able to handle it.

To upstairs.

We swapped tickets the last time. But it was horrible upstairs. Probably be horrible downstairs as well though. :mf_rosetinted:

It should have been obvious to Mika that it was going to cause chaos in a venue like NY. This kind of thing happened all the time when I went to metal concerts in the 80s and you get out of it fairly unscathed, but there are a lot of older and younger people in Mika's audience who aren't going to be able to handle it.

You went to metal concerts! Really? We all have or have had such diverse musical tastes!:naughty:

Well, we were just talking about this at work yesterday, when I was really young, I went to see Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, John Miles and the Bay City Rollers. The first two were kind of rock stuff and the last cheesy teen band.

Things didn't improve much from there. :naughty:

haha... join the

club... :roftl::mf_rosetinted:

Haaa, I know, how embarrassing...I suppose it's part and parcel of growing up, and it's helped make us the *cough* sophisticated and discerning*cough* adults that we are now

Well, we were just talking about this at work yesterday, when I was really young, I went to see Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, John Miles and the Bay City Rollers. The first two were kind of rock stuff and the last cheesy teen band.

Sorry, those names (apart from John Miles) just don't ring a bell with me....But I get the point:naughty:

You went to metal concerts! Really? We all have or have had such diverse musical tastes!:naughty:

Oh yeah I ran the gamut - I saw everyone from Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne to Howard Jones and George Michael when I was a teen. With the metal it was more about the experience than the music really, especially since my favourite concert-going friend was so into the metal.

I was trying to explain that to someone who was questioning my taste in music because of Mika. Not that I don't think Mika's incredibly talented and all of that, but something like Paolo Nutini or Amy Winehouse is more my taste. But I'd take a Mika show over Paolo Nutini any day because he's a better performer and he creates an energetic vibe in the venue that just doesn't compare.

My sister-in-law goes to the UK a couple of times a year, still stalking the Bay City Rollers. I wonder if we'll be having dinner at Chez Marcelle in 2028 because I'm still coming to London to moon over Mika. :naughty:

My sister-in-law goes to the UK a couple of times a year, still stalking the Bay City Rollers. I wonder if we'll be having dinner at Chez Marcelle in 2028 because I'm still coming to London to moon over Mika. :naughty:

It's in my diary already. :naughty:

Actually Christine, talking of the Bay City Rollers, in the early eighties, I moved to a flat in Ladbroke Grove, I'd been living there a little while when all of a sudden there were girls hanging round, sitting on the wall about 4 doors up.

It turned out that Les McKeown (lead singer) had moved in opposite.

It just felt really ironic, because if it had been five or so years earlier, I would have kissed the ground he walked on, but by then I couldn't give a toss and thought it was hilarious.

Life can be strange...