The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I feel kinda crap too!:thumbdown: I don't want this place to be official. Sod that, I want to be free!!!

I'm not. I'm kinda excited - I met Jerry twice and he seems like a decent guy - he's always considerate of us fans and gives us opportunities to meet Mika after the show. We can continue our ramblings elsewhere really.

I want privileges!:sneaky2:

I'm not. I'm kinda excited - I met Jerry twice and he seems like a decent guy - he's always considerate of us fans and gives us opportunities to meet Mika after the show. We can continue our ramblings elsewhere really.

I want priviliges for all, not just for people who happen to be born in the right country :boxed:

I certainly would like some privileges. I really think we deserve them. We have supported him heavily this last year and I hope it is appreciated.

Some people may say we have been lucky going to so many gigs, but we have spent loads of money and time going to them, have sweated buckets, frozen our bollocks off, I've used nearly all my annual leave, sometimes gone to gigs and driven back overnight so I can get to work, spent ages uploading stuff. Been cancelled four times, twice when we were actually at the venue and once on my way. Defended him to hostile crowds. Its f***ing hard work being a Mika fan. Time he recognised that.

Rant, rant.

Well, if we're getting privileges then that's cool, but I don't know if that's something that will be realistic?

I dunno- we'll see I guess. Time and all that.

I think Kata's right that general privileges are going to come mostly to North Americans and Londoners. Premium seating is not going to be of any use in Europe and most of the special events are going to take place in London or New York or LA.

They could have some freebies but there are 8000 people here and who knows how many people coming out of the woodwork once Mika starts advertising this as the official fan club.

Anyway I feel my freedom to speak here is fairly limited already so if it gets me decent seats I'll be happy with it.

It would be nice if there was some sort of consistency with these special privileges though. Like why does Mika agree to meet people before the show and bring them into soundchecks in NYC? And we're stuck out in a queue in Toronto fighting with some a$$hole security guards who are trying to steal our place and give it to some chancers who happen by at 6 pm. Even the lollipop girls were getting harassed backstage by the owner.

Those are the hazards of these concert set ups I guess but I don't understand why the fans are looked after in some venues and in others people are getting threatened and screamed at. I can't believe how those people were treated in Boston last night. :thumbdown:

I agree, it's so frustrating. Even here though, you don't seem to get the privileges, a lot of the gigs I have been to Mika has either gone straight away or has just appeared very briefly.

And I've been cancelled plenty, as have you.

I bet you would have liked to be served hot chocolate in the queue too .

Would you have liked it before or after you were let in for the sound check? :mf_rosetinted:

I appreciate what you say that some special events may take place in London, so I won't be moving just yet.

I also wonder how many will come out of the woodwork when freebies are mentioned and how this will be handled without pissing the rest of us off?

I also wonder how many will come out of the woodwork when freebies are mentioned and how this will be handled without pissing the rest of us off?

This is the real problem. This is going to generate a huge political quagmire on MFC.

People are already upset about this kind of inequity and it doesn't even involve MFC at this point. Like all the whinging going on in the lollipop girl thread for Canada. People came into the thread just to bitch about how unfair it was.

Pretty soon it will be a year since anyone outside of western Europe and North America has even seen Mika. Handing out donuts and hot chocolate at his NY gig before the indoor soundcheck isn't going to spread a lot of goodwill to people who are completely excluded from these opportunities because they're 5,000 miles away from his dozens of US appearances.

Yupp :mf_rosetinted: Normally I'm not into that kind of movies, but I actually liked it :mf_rosetinted:

Wow, it must have been quite an experience to watch it on a big screen.

I’ve only looked at it on my computer. Yes I’m one of those illegal downloader’s, but I’m excused because I’m from Sweden and so are the owners of Pirate Bay.:roftl:

Reminded me of Blair Witch Project.:naughty:

Just came back from the cinema :mf_rosetinted: Movie about an alien that tore Manhatten apart, was quite good:fisch:

Were the victims drinking hot chocolate and eating donuts?

Yes I’m one of those illegal downloader’s, but I’m excused because I’m from Sweden and so are the owners of Pirate Bay.:roftl:

I love the Pirate Bay! :thumb_yello:

Wow, it must have been quite an experience to watch it on a big screen.

I’ve only looked at it on my computer. Yes I’m one of those illegal downloader’s, but I’m excused because I’m from Sweden and so are the owners of Pirate Bay.:roftl:

Reminded me of Blair Witch Project.:naughty:

yes the big screen did the job, I even jumped a bit in my seat once :blink: Quite blair witch yes, but was quite an interesting idea to mix that effect with huge special effects :mf_rosetinted:

ok... i had a very nice evening chatting with some friends... very cool, it had been a long time... but if i catch things up (gosh, the ONLY night i decide i can go out, things happen :sneaky2: ) :

- we're getting official

- donuts and hot chocolate in the queue at NY gig

- you think crêpes are something else than what they really are :naughty: :naughty:

- kata watched a movie about destroying manhattan that sienna had already seen... dowloading illegally... :thumbdown::naughty:

mmmmmmmmmmmh...

- i've never agreed with being official... if i had to be banned for telling what i want to, then i'll be :mf_rosetinted:

- donuts and hot chocolate in the queue in ny :blink:

- crêpes were crêpes

- i hate those movies...

and i have other questions :

- why would 35 y.o. and more people would send their pics to be a LG ? :blink: aren't they supposed to be cute and innocent ??? and why are they chosen !!!?

- the "steps" ?? come on :naughty: :naughty: shouldn't be that hard acting like a little girl dancing around...

anyway...

and i have other questions :

- why would 35 y.o. and more people would send their pics to be a LG ? :blink: aren't they supposed to be cute and innocent ??? and why are they chosen !!!?

- the "steps" ?? come on :naughty: :naughty: shouldn't be that hard acting like a little girl dancing around...

anyway...

I have obviously missed something, which 35 yo was a lollipop girl?

I wanted to be one in London, but I can't get off work in time.

I expect the call for Lollipop girls for London will be coming out anytime now?

Anyway, for those of you going to London, I fully expect you to get chocolate and donuts in the queue and a chat with our Leader.

I also expect to see some of you pulled on stage.

I will be so happy for those of you that enjoy these privileges!

I myself won't be able to, because I can't queue early, I have to work, so no hot chocolate for me, and not stage for me either, as I won't be at the front due to my inability to queue.

But it will give me great pleasure when it happens to my fellow apples.

Looking forward to it already.:thumb_yello:

I love the Pirate Bay! :thumb_yello:

Thank you!

Let me just say I was a little anxious when I woke up this morning. :boxed:

Did I say too much about downloading?

I’m not usually a person trying to break the law (okay one ticket for driving too fast many years ago and a few parking tickets).:naughty:

But if you live in a real small country like I do, it takes ages for movies and music to reach us.

The net is there, close and available and tempting and well you know….:blush-anim-cl:

I don’t know.... but when I read about hot chocolate in the queue:shocked: and dancing on stage:shocked: there is a little green troll named Envy, sitting on my shoulder!:sneaky2:

Thank you!

Let me just say I was a little anxious when I woke up this morning. :boxed:

Did I say too much about downloading?

I’m not usually a person trying to break the law (okay one ticket for driving too fast many years ago and a few parking tickets

But if you live in a real small country like I do, it takes ages for movies and music to reach us.

The net is there, close and available and tempting and well you know….:blush-anim-cl:

I don’t know.... but when I read about hot chocolate in the queue:shocked: and dancing on stage:shocked: there is a little green troll named Envy, sitting on my shoulder!:sneaky2:

Little green troll? It can't even sit on my shoulder, it's so big. :naughty:

Maybe we can get to be Lollipop girls in London, Sienna, and prance around in pink dresses :lmao:

You are coming, aren't you?

Anyway, for those of you going to London, I fully expect you to get chocolate and donuts in the queue and a chat with our Leader.

I also expect to see some of you pulled on stage.

Oh, so Mika is worker as a waiter again :mf_rosetinted: ? I can tell you exactly when it will happen. On the 25th as I won't be there before afternoon. The other days will only consist of normal queuing and freezing. I don't want to be pulled up on stage anyway. I way too heavy :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

Little green troll? It can't even sit on my shoulder, it's so big. :naughty:

Maybe we can get to be Lollipop girls in London, Sienna, and prance around in pink dresses :lmao:

You are coming, aren't you?

Oh I'd love to see you as a Lollipop Girl Bab. I think pink would suit you :naughty: . But you also have to wear one of those wigs.

This is the real problem. This is going to generate a huge political quagmire on MFC.

People are already upset about this kind of inequity and it doesn't even involve MFC at this point. Like all the whinging going on in the lollipop girl thread for Canada. People came into the thread just to bitch about how unfair it was.

Pretty soon it will be a year since anyone outside of western Europe and North America has even seen Mika. Handing out donuts and hot chocolate at his NY gig before the indoor soundcheck isn't going to spread a lot of goodwill to people who are completely excluded from these opportunities because they're 5,000 miles away from his dozens of US appearances.

I think that'll be the big issue...

Hopefully, there will be benefits for each country he visits (or should be visiting :sneaky2:)

Though that's the first I've heard... donuts and hot chocolate???

Where was ours in Sydney Mika? Huh??

Anyways... carry on...