The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can one see the same show a dozen times and not get tired of it at all? :blink:

I've only seen it half a dozen times but I'm not tired of it. In fact it burns my ass that there isn't one more because I know I could get up on stage this time! :annoyed_h4h:

I'm finding the parts that never particularly interested me getting boring, but the parts that I love getting better and better.

Like Ring Ring is a pretty medicore song on the album, but when he gets to "why won't you leave me alone, hang up the phone..." he really starts going for it with the bouncing and I love it.

Same with the first "Relax" and when LT starts cranking up after the a capella intro.

Anticipating these moments make them more exciting than seeing them for the first time.

Also findng SITM is a lot of fun every time, without exception, even though it was never a favourite song on the album. Same with HE which is insanely awesome live.

I stood and looked at OTHER STARS' HAIR for 2 hours.:mf_rosetinted:

Okay you win. :roftl:

I can't imagine the drama if Mika hadn't shown up to the London after so-called party. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually, there'd have been no drama: no Mika = nothing to fight over = a good time had by all. :bleh:

I'd have preferred it if he'd done his little speech, put some good music on and left us all to it while he escaped out the back door. Quit while you're ahead and all that...

Actually, there'd have been no drama: no Mika = nothing to fight over = a good time had by all. :bleh:

I wish he'd just made his speech and left and we all could have got drunk afterwards.

Also Kata's suggestion of lining up everyone who wanted autographs and kicking them all out once they got them. Then the rest of us who just wanted a drink and a chat could have had a good time.

Same. If Mika hadn't canceled V Festival, I'd have

* Purchased the BG single.

* Have created an outfit from scratch to wear to the festivals

* Said somewhere on the MFC by now: "ZOMG!!!11 Only 3 weeks until Mika:wub2:"

* followed by this comment in 4 weeks time: "When I met Mika :mf_lustslow: I felt a connection! :blush-anim-cl:"

Instead, I sit here and create things like what's in your siggy.

The Gig was extra special, was it not? Because it was the last. Perhaps that's a 1.5

But the rescheduled factor would be a 1.

And the "After so-called party" could be a .5

1.5:1.5

Even again, but now everything is taken into account.

But since it's a ratio the 1.5:1.5 simplifies down to 1:1.

Actually, let's not talk any more maths. It's 12am now. 'Nuff said. :naughty:

I'd have preferred it if he'd done his little speech, put some good music on and left us all to it while he escaped out the back door. Quit while you're ahead and all that...

I wish he'd just made his speech and left and we all could have got drunk afterwards.

Also Kata's suggestion of lining up everyone who wanted autographs and kicking them all out once they got them. Then the rest of us who just wanted a drink and a chat could have had a good time.

I still think that Vi's idea was best: he could have snuck out and gone home uneventfully while all of the die-hard fans were at the party. :naughty:

Am I the only lonely one here who has not suffered but more benefitted from cancelled/rescheduled gigs? LOL!

Just hang in there. I'm sure if you plan to go to enough gigs you'll also have some cancellations coming your way. :thumb_yello:

Just hang in there. I'm sure if you plan to go to enough gigs you'll also have some cancellations coming your way. :thumb_yello:

You can fast-track the process, Vi, if you plan to go to festivals. Or plan to go to gigs in countries whose markets he doesn't care that much for. :thumb_yello:

I still think that Vi's idea was best: he could have snuck out and gone home uneventfully while all of the die-hard fans were at the party. :naughty:

:roftl: I would have been really annoyed with him if he'd done that.

ooookaaaaay... everybody leave when i arrive :blink:

for the festival toilet paper, i'm sure we could have a good diversity of festivals to put on : counting summer 2007 and early 2008 (since we need time to process this super project :naughty: )... it's mid-march and we already have 3 in 1 country ! gosh, the guy is GOOD :mf_rosetinted:

i'll need help for the cancelled festivals disapointed people to have them all, though, can't remember :

Werchter 07

Roskilde 07

Nibe 07

Big Chill 07

V festival Australia 08 x3

anything else ?

and scut, did you find some aussie places printed toilet paper ? or is that someone else who was supposed to have a look ? feel lazy (moo) to look back, it's pretty busy here lately...

Oh and i wouldn't mind delivering it :mf_rosetinted: as long as it's in a close bag and he doesn't open it in front of me :naughty: but i'm not going to see him anysoon though... even if obviously before the aussies mwahahaha :devil:

Well that's with me being selective. I've deliberately missed him in my hometown several times because I don't want to see the same thing too many times and risk getting complacent. We're just lucky over here that we get to see him so many times that missing one or two concerts a few miles down the road isn't much of an issue.

Haha...i wish it was like that everywhere, but then I guess we'd get a lot more cancelled gigs too:mf_rosetinted:

Am I the only lonely one here who has not suffered but more benefitted from cancelled/rescheduled gigs? LOL! :blink:

May I still stay here? :tears:

No, I haven't had any cancellations, you're not the only lonely one!

Just hang in there. I'm sure if you plan to go to enough gigs you'll also have some cancellations coming your way.

You can fast-track the process, Vi, if you plan to go to festivals. Or plan to go to gigs in countries whose markets he doesn't care that much for.

Oh I once did NOT bother to attend a (rather small) festival in Germany as I was close to sure that he would not be arsed to appear.... if you don't remember me swearing and whinging about it last summer you can still imagine what happened... :naughty:

Does that count?

If so, I'd have a 4:1 balance. Still the 4 would have to be diminished by two if the Dec gigs had not been rescheduled :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I would have been really annoyed with him if he'd done that.

I would have been so proud of him and amazed by his cleverness :naughty:

Treacle = :wub2: and a bit :devil:

:naughty:

I would have been so proud of him and amazed by his cleverness :naughty:

Mika has done several clever and amazing things that annoy me. His extraordinary ability to lie (and get away with it) being top of the list. :sneaky2:

Aw Treacle looks just like my Salem. So sweet. :wub2:

Mika has done several clever and amazing things that annoy me. His extraordinary ability to lie (and get away with it) being top of the list. :sneaky2:

Aw Treacle looks just like my Salem. So sweet. :wub2:

He is very affectionate - but also very big. He is almost the same size as my Jack Russells!! :naughty:

I don't think there's anything much to be proud of in being a clever asshole.

--Jack

There's nothing particularly clever about that plan anyway. There were barriers set up outside. If he wanted to leave he could have left. It's not like he had to lock us all away in order to escape.

I don't think there's anything much to be proud of in being a clever asshole.

--Jack

I guess I must have a little bit of an asshole self in me then, because the longer I think about it the more am I sure that this is exactly what I would have done if I had been in his place.

There's nothing particularly clever about that plan anyway. There were barriers set up outside. If he wanted to leave he could have left. It's not like he had to lock us all away in order to escape.

How do you know? Did you play safe and check before the party? Or wait at the exit afterwards? :roftl:

I don't know, I still can't find anything admirable about playing with people's emotions and consciously setting them up for a cruel disappointment just to make your life a little bit easier.

Especially since, as Christine pointed out, it's not like he can't honestly leave whenever he wants to. He tends to stay and sign things because he chooses to, fans don't actually hold him hostage. There'd be no need for him to play that sort of trick if he just wanted to leave except for the fun of messing with people, which would be... well, I think much higher of him than to say he'd ever do that.

--Jack

How do you know? Did you play safe and check before the party? Or wait at the exit afterwards? :roftl:

No, I've seen the videos.

This is another thing that annoys me about people calling us whingers because we didn't get to meet Mika. While people were crying on the front step of the Brixton Academy, Mika was at the back entrance signing autographs.

If meeting Mika was all anyone wanted, we could have gone back there and tried to talk to him. We also could have stalked him going in and out of the venue for 3 days.

Not talking to Mika was not the reason people were so distressed by what happened at the afterparty.